Stolen Pixels #174: Better Than Aquaman

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #174: Better Than Aquaman

Sometimes, you just have to settle for the less-super-hero.

Read Full Article

Dec 14, 2009
Fool!
Batman has the mighty power of precognition! He has exactly the right tools to deal with any given situation at any time. Who would win a fight between Batman and Superman? Batman of course! He would just so happen to be carrying kryptonite spray or perhaps a superhero repellent stick, or something else equally convienient.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Wow, all the DC heroes to pick from, and Aquaman was among the "4 best"? Must have been slim pickings back in the 70's. :/

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
Funny ^^ Interesting thing to read whilst you eat "breakfast" (2 in the afternoon over here xD), I keep thinking I need to play that game. ;)

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
If Batman can create Bat Antishark Spray I reckon he could probably come up with Bat Antisuperman Spray too.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Batman would totally own Kal-El (Superman) anyday of the week. He's that resourceful.

pseudoidiot

Jul 22, 2008
*adding fuel to the Batman vs Superman debate*

http://www.biggercheese.com/index.php?comic=608

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
And yet they still haven't made a good Superman game. Why do you suppose that is?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Awww. Poor Batman, lol. Although it is true...he is just a rich nut!

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
warbaloon said:
paragon1 said:
And yet they still haven't made a good Superman game. Why do you suppose that is?
No challenge
Maybe if they went with God-level pre-Crisis Superman, but there would be at least some if they tone down his powers just a tad. Or maybe the challenge could be a "not shattering the earth into cosmic dust everytime you fart" time situation?

pfloriani

Jul 24, 2009
paragon1 said:
Maybe if they went with God-level pre-Crisis Superman, but there would be at least some if they tone down his powers just a tad. Or maybe the challenge could be a "not shattering the earth into cosmic dust everytime you fart" time situation?
"Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex"-themed h-game?

Dec 14, 2009
sexylori33 said:
Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He- is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at- A_ge_m_i_n_g_le @ c-o--m a nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to- interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or- tell your friends.
My banhammer senses are tingling.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
I always despised Superman, even from a young age, for being a Christ figure (not that I have any problem with Christ). If you want to read good stuff like that, read Silver Surfer (because if your character is Christ, he should probably fight the devil). I think another problem that stems from Superman's perfection is that the popularity of the superhero, the more "all-over-the-place" the writing is likely to be as it switches authors. Many will be reactionaries, trying to "fix" the character by making him in their ideal image. This has led to some pretty cool stuff (upgrade from "jumps hella high" [http://nonadventures.com/2006/09/09/the-torment-of-a-thousand-yesterdays/] to flight was a good idea) but it can also result in godlike power that is irreconcilable with good drama.

SharedProphet

Oct 9, 2008
pfloriani said:
paragon1 said:
"Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex"-themed h-game?
LOL. : )

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
Can't help but post this mighty fine YouTube video... behold! The Dark Knight Meets Superman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT1t0lQn5Q

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Superman's boring. He only has one weakness, so he'll obviously save the day unscathed.

Batman is a human being, doing things in the relm of possibility. He puts himself in danger whenever he dons his Mask and Cape. He can die, but his resourcefulness usually gets himself out of any problem he may face. He's the better hero because he has something to lose, his own life.

Batman > Superman