Stolen Pixels #201: Remakeville

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Factoid said:
Zynga actually IS the lemming. Farmville is just a ripoff of Farmtown, which itself was a ripoff of MyFarm...which I'm not sure whether that ripped anything off or not.

Mafia Wars is a ripoff of another mafia game.

Fishville is a ripoff of another Aquarium game.

Zynga's secret to success is that they take other people's game ideas and deliver them with better artwork and use their other games as leverage to get you to play. Mafia Wars was their first big hit and they parlayed that into Farmville's success which lead to Fishville's success, etc...
Don't forget Cafe World being a ripoff of Restaurant City. That one pissed me off.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
But... FF7 is on PSN... doesn't that mean you can play it on your PSP?

EDIT:

Also, a "Farmvilled" FFVII wouldn't really be a remake, it'd be a spin-off...

Apr 28, 2008
Oh man that was good. Scary thing is I can see it happening.

But I doubt they'll make it for portables, what with the apparent piracy that costs companies $41 billion.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
I still disagree about the remake, if only for the several months of squeeing and poring over every trailer or bit of promo material, then the endless kvetching whenever it comes out over whatever minutia SE screws up that doesn't accord with whatever vision of the game fanboys have. not to mention the complaining about every. single. change. the fanboys would be doing during the run up, as well as the people who would feel the need to complain about all the fanboy hype for the game, including at least one saying it's "overrated".

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I've never played Final Fantasy 7, a remake may encourage me to play it.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Jim Carrey, you diseased Gaga maniac!
Infecting everyone's avatar!!

Fuck it, I'm nuking you -.-

OT- If this happens..
Jim Carrey won't be the only one getting an ICBM up-the-butt.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
reg42 said:
Pretty funny comic. I'm not one of those people who desperately want a FF7 remake, but I can understand the appeal. Call me when they do a FF9 remake and I'll kiss your feet.
Amen brother.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Rodyle2 said:
DTWolfwood said:
wouldnt that be like totally win tho? FF fans get a game with 7 at the end and they can stay trapped on FB all at the same time.
That would only take care of obsessive FF7 fans. We'd still have FF6 neckbeards and FF8 Fans (also known as psychotics) running around, both of whom are much worse.
but y would these fans care about a FF7 remake to begin with? oO

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
I've never played the original, but it does sadden me. I did love Advent Children...
Also, it was kind of a dick move to make the tech demo and then not make the rest. Asking for trouble, that is...

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Rodyle2 said:
DTWolfwood said:
wouldnt that be like totally win tho? FF fans get a game with 7 at the end and they can stay trapped on FB all at the same time.
That would only take care of obsessive FF7 fans. We'd still have FF6 neckbeards and FF8 Fans (also known as psychotics) running around, both of whom are much worse.
Why generalise like that? I don't understand why people do this.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
I'd personally just love a copy of the original to download and play on either the 360 or the PS3 so I wouldn't have to break out the old (Huge version) PS2 or PS1 in my basment. They wouldn't have to remake the entire thing just throw in a few trohpies or achivments and I'd be happy.

Potental Trophies/Achivments

Final Countdown: Escape the reactor in time

Visions of the past: Hear the tale of Cloud and Tifa

City of the Ancients: Lay a kind soul to rest...

How the Hell did you do that?: Kill both Emerald and Ruby Weapon

It wouldn't take that long and I'd buy the game again for a modern system in a heartbeat.

(P.S. I KNOW FF has alway been with Playstation and they'd NEVER release it for the 360 but I'm a 360 owner so my only hope is to dream for the impossible)

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Furburt said:
The only remake I'd really want to see would be Unreal with fully modern and beautiful graphics, to replicated the sense of wonder I felt leaving the ship on the first level of that.
Yeah but with Epic being the pricks they are these days an Unreal remake would be a console exclusive.