Stolen Pixels #201: Remakeville

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
There will always being something from something else. RPG's learn from each other, and build off one another as every genre does. Artists are constantly inspired by other artists to draw things in a unique way. While I am unsure whether this is an article chiefly about a FF7 remake or how people will copy from Farmville. One thing I did glean from it, is of course, the irony of the "WoW Clone Flood". Many games were accused of ripping of WoW, only on the basis that the HUD looked somewhat similar. Even when the game play and the story were completely different. This has been a subject of contention for me, because it seemed like it was popular to call "WoW Clone" on any new MMO that had a slight similarity with WoW. Some of them may have been by design, but many others were not.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
FF7 ville, raising materia and chocobos? They already did that, it's called Runefactory. Good game, though, everyone should look it up.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
What gets me, people are aware there was a PC version of FFVII right? So why don't the oh-so-brilliant memebers of the modding community just upgrade that?

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
0p3rati0n said:
USSR said:
Fuck it, I'm nuking you -.-
HEY THAT'S IIdealistCommis job. You bastard I'm calling "Hax!"
He reports to the USSR! Not the other way around.

Besides, he's gone rogue. He's operating covertly somewhere in Eastern Asia, gathering Intel for our own purpose.

I told him it was too dangerous, but he JUST DIDN'T LISTEN!

"It's ok, I'll gather retrieve their launch code. I'll be fine!", He said.

OH GAWD WHY?!
COMMI WHY!!!!

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I wish they would stop begging for it, they obviously aren't doing it any time soon.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Furburt said:
Well, that caused a giggle.

I do agree though, it's always a possibility in these crazy, crazy times.

As for FF7, I'm not begging for a remake, as I never played it, and I'm sort of annoyed by the whole remake thing in general.

The only remake I'd really want to see would be Unreal with fully modern and beautiful graphics, to replicated the sense of wonder I felt leaving the ship on the first level of that. It looked better back then than Crysis does now.
Nice avatar furburt, it seems oddly familier

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
I like that Cid's the only party member who refused to become Cloud's neighbor. I always knew I liked the guy for a reason.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
That would certainly be a re-make of the old game o.o!

Knowing SE they will likely also make it strictly linear and surgically remove the fun and Gold Saucer [though they will give Cait Sith a bigger role in the plot]

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
You know...I would probably play that. I've never owned a PlayStation system, so I've never had a chance to play FF7 start to finish. Only played through the beginning and random parts in between.

Assuming, of course, that FFVIIville would retain even the most meager scraps of a plot.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
That's a fair point there. A portable would really help them in the financial side, and would at least please some of the whinier fans.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
USSR said:
0p3rati0n said:
USSR said:
Fuck it, I'm nuking you -.-
HEY THAT'S IIdealistCommis job. You bastard I'm calling "Hax!"
He reports to the USSR! Not the other way around.

Besides, he's gone rogue. He's operating covertly somewhere in Eastern Asia, gathering Intel for our own purpose.

I told him it was too dangerous, but he JUST DIDN'T LISTEN!

"It's ok, I'll gather retrieve their launch code. I'll be fine!", He said.

OH GAWD WHY?!
COMMI WHY!!!!
I don't care who or what he reports to. That's his job. Now you must be eliminated! *pulls out pistol*

L33tMarvin

Feb 18, 2009
They should have never showed that Final Fantasy 7 trailer on the ps3.Now that they did i bet they are regreting it

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Fat Man Spoon said:
What's scary is that I can see that happening :\
That's why I started off laughing... and then the laughter sort of trailed off into a nervous chuckle, and then silence. Because there is a slim, but NON-ZERO, chance that this could actually come to pass.

And then I would have to sing the song that ends the Earth.