Stolen Pixels #201: Remakeville

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
0p3rati0n said:
I don't care who or what he reports to. That's his job. Now you must be eliminated! *pulls out pistol*
*nukes you*

Don't mess with me, boy.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Shamus Young you need to stop trying to make excuses on behalf of squeenix. Seriously Squeenix is capable of such a remake, and in HD quality as well. They just wont ever admit it or come clean about it, in fact if square was so willing to let FFVII die then why would they milk the franchinse with a full legnth movie, what about all the other games such as before crises, crises core, and Dirge of cerberus? Not to mention their teaser of the FFVII tech demo. Squeenix is building hype toward a game they can devlop if they choose too, hell Square stopped two remake projects of chrono trigger and they were looking pretty impressive with dialogue and spell graphics. If a small group of people are capable of making this with close to no budget imagine what Squeenix can do with a very massive team and a super big budget.
its a shame that this project came into alpha testing only for square to slap them with a CND order. That reference was used with the Unreal 2.5 engine. Square is sitting on gold and they know it, and all the excuses about having no resources and being to much is a bunch of crap and the comunity knows it.

Shadowsole

May 17, 2009
mxfox408 said:
umad?

Now I Don't Disagree with MOST Of your points but the problem is that they Think Of doing it in HD Which is whats making them shy away.

From What I Understand is that Most People (Or at least the vocal ones) Want A FFVII Remake with the graphics of Avatar. Avatar took 10 years to make. That's 3 hours. (not including what ended on the cutting room floor admittedly.

I'm Not Sure But i believe that the cut scenes in FFVII are at least that long, Most likely more, I Can't be bothered to look for a number so by what fans are demanding it will take at least ten years for the cut scenes alone.

Squarenix is never gonna make a remake as long as the fans are Bitching For Perfect Graphics because the can't afford to make the game that we are asking for.

if the fans ask for less graphical power then they currently are then maybe they might think they can do this

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Shadowsole said:
mxfox408 said:
umad?

Now I Don't Disagree with MOST Of your points but the problem is that they Think Of doing it in HD Which is whats making them shy away.

From What I Understand is that Most People (Or at least the vocal ones) Want A FFVII Remake with the graphics of Avatar. Avatar took 10 years to make. That's 3 hours. (not including what ended on the cutting room floor admittedly.

I'm Not Sure But i believe that the cut scenes in FFVII are at least that long, Most likely more, I Can't be bothered to look for a number so by what fans are demanding it will take at least ten years for the cut scenes alone.

Squarenix is never gonna make a remake as long as the fans are Bitching For Perfect Graphics because the can't afford to make the game that we are asking for.

if the fans ask for less graphical power then they currently are then maybe they might think they can do this
Avatar took 10 years because the Tech didnt exist at the time to make the things possible that James Cameran wanted to do and It sure as hell didnt take them 10 years to write a story, concept art, and brainstorm a battle system for FFXIII which is a game that was built from the bottom up, were as FFVII the story is already done, the dialogue, and the concepts and setting, and all the charectors, ofcourse it wont be easy but its not going to be as hard as writing another FF altogether which square is making FFXIV and as an MMO and im not sure if your familiar with MMO's but they are huge as hell so tell me if its not bigger than FFVII itself. hell they can do it on the unreal 3.5 engine and its will still look pretty sexy.

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
The game will eventually be remade. It will be exactly the same, except the graphics will be better and maybe a few new parts will be added.

People will complain it's not as good as the original.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Vinticore said:
"... larger userbase than World of Warcraft."

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Oh yeah!!! Almost 8 times larger (83 million vs. 11 million) then WoW fanbase. Don't mess with Zynga, my free advice. They will unleash the zombie apocalypse on us.

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
I would love to play a Final Fantasy VII remake. I'm not normally a graphics whore and I think the sprite graphics from the parts before are essentially timeless. While VII ... well, you basically play soulless, super deformed LEGO characters without the charm.

Orzene

Nov 28, 2008
I'm happy to not play Farmville or really use Facebook...

What I'm not happy about is that my mother, and half my family, are willing to go buy point-cards from stores to get shit in this game. >:|

seule

Jul 21, 2008
Shamus Young said:
Stolen Pixels #201: Remakeville

To everyone asking for a FF7 remake: Be careful what you wish for.

Read Full Article
Shamus totally needs to do more Stolen pixels... cause he's obviously able to see into the future...