Stolen Pixels #201: Remakeville

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #201: Remakeville

To everyone asking for a FF7 remake: Be careful what you wish for.

Read Full Article

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Pretty funny comic. I'm not one of those people who desperately want a FF7 remake, but I can understand the appeal. Call me when they do a FF9 remake and I'll kiss your feet.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
We were flooded with WoW clones over the past few years, and I expect we'll see similar lemming-like behavior in Zynga's wake.
I fear for my sanity in the upcoming years...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I'd love it if they remade FF7 for the PSP.

Currently all I got is the original one bought via PSN, but I lack the memory card to store it in my PSP, so if I want to play, I'll have to be connected via internet to my PS3.

Oh well, it could be worse.

The FF7 remake could be a zynga clo-

... Fuck. Joke aborted.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
"Sephiroth likes this."
Hehe, loved that part.

I don't care about a remake because I never played the original. I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much if I played it for the first time now.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Hubilub said:

Currently all I got is the original one bought via PSN, but I lack the memory card to store it in my PSP, so if I want to play, I'll have to be connected via internet to my PS3.

... Fuck. Joke aborted.
AvsJoe said:
We were flooded with WoW clones over the past few years, and I expect we'll see similar lemming-like behavior in Zynga's wake.
reg42 said:
Pretty funny comic. I'm not one of those people who desperately want a FF7 remake, but I can understand the appeal. Call me when they do a FF9 remake and I'll kiss your feet.
Is this meant to be a new generalised PRIATE avatar? I just wonder because I saw Furb's avatar is the same and it's almost like we're being invaded by an attack of crazy platinum hair. And if that's the case then it had better be from someone as awesome as Sephiroth. And that ain't Sephiroth...

Anywho, if FF7 ever went the way of Zynga, then I would probably sell all my games and live as a hermit in a cave just outside Jerusalam. What I mean by that is, great strip Shamus ;D

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Trivun said:
Hubilub said:

... Fuck. Joke aborted.
AvsJoe said:
reg42 said:
Is this meant to be a new generalised PRIATE avatar? I just wonder because I saw Furb's avatar is the same and it's almost like we're being invaded by an attack of crazy platinum hair. And if that's the case then it had better be from someone as awesome as Sephiroth. And that ain't Sephiroth...
It's an in-joke for today only. And I think it's Jim Carrey's face pasted over Lady Gaga.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
wouldnt that be like totally win tho? FF fans get a game with 7 at the end and they can stay trapped on FB all at the same time.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
What's scary is that I can see that happening :\
If not by Squenix, then by some unknown indie developer who doesn't care about copyright.

Hell, this might even serve to inspire someone like that!

If it does happen, I say we blame Shamus.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
reg42 said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
Well Square Enix don't grub that much money... I hope.
Well they'd certainly get their money back on that remake. Great as always Shamus.

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
Well I honestly don't care about a remake seeing as I don't really like FF but DAMN the fans want it.

I just want this to happen so I can giggle.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Beltom1066 said:
reg42 said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
Well Square Enix don't grub that much money... I hope.
Well they'd certainly get their money back on that remake. Great as always Shamus.
True, but they'd also encounter some angry, angry RPG fans.

Factoid

Feb 7, 2009
Zynga actually IS the lemming. Farmville is just a ripoff of Farmtown, which itself was a ripoff of MyFarm...which I'm not sure whether that ripped anything off or not.

Mafia Wars is a ripoff of another mafia game.

Fishville is a ripoff of another Aquarium game.

Zynga's secret to success is that they take other people's game ideas and deliver them with better artwork and use their other games as leverage to get you to play. Mafia Wars was their first big hit and they parlayed that into Farmville's success which lead to Fishville's success, etc...