Stolen Pixels #208: Nine Bullets

hellsop

Feb 28, 2009
Blue-State said:
In Africa it is far more likely that she wouldn't know what a car is.
Sheva "A gun? you mean those things the militia are always shooting into the air?" Or that thing that white poachers use to kill endangered wildlife? Or that thing the People's Liberation Army of (insert any sub-Saharan country here) forced me to shoot after burning my village and kidnapping me and turning into a child soldier? Is that what you mean? "
See, a child soldier would actually behaving like the NPC actually does. It would make sense then, and players would be able to maon and bond over how much they hated being saddled with her, while screaming "Yes, yes!" in solitude whenever she pulled their potatoes out of the fire.

That sounds far worse reading back than it did in my head when I was composing it....

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Save the world! But have to buy your own weapons and ammo. The recurring staple of not only the RE series, but games in general.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
She needs to use Valley-girl lingo.

Since they have to buy their own guns and ammo, they should be able to claim it on their tax returns.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Well, you know Sheva always had that look to her...

I geuss the huge price tag sorta explains it...

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I just noticed something. Resident Evil 4 didn't have this plot hole since, your just a goverment agent going in for questioning the villagers. You were not expecting to attack by spanish not-zombies.

droid

Apr 15, 2009
After she wastes those 8 bullets, that leaves one bullet for each of you!

"Suicide? Too easy."

Aw man.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
Well, I had no idea that Leon needed bullets for his other "guns", he could just use those bad boys to crush the zombies

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Seriously? They give you 10 bullets to rid Africa of zombies? What kind of an organisation is this?

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The Random One said:
I stopped playing because of her. The game is built from the ground up to be co-op, and it shows badly when you try to play alone (because you have to because there is no Live in your country). I had the same feeling playing Twilight Princess for the 'Cube, the game was so very obviously built with the Wiimote in mind that I felt I was playing an emulated version.
ARe there also no couches or people in your country? The game has splitsscreen.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I used to not mind Sheva, until that fight in the sort of ancient temple with Wesker, just before you have to:

yank that mind control device off of Jill's body

I was playing RE5 through on whatever the highets difficulty level was and was going for that "Bad Blood" achievement. I eventually got Wesker into the perfect location. He'd come round the corner, I'd blast him with the assualt rifle once he got close (maybe kicking him around a bit for good measure too) then run round the other corner and repeat the process. it would have gone well, if it wasn't for Sheva always managing to get herself picked off by Weskers annoying sidekick. Bah.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Professional Mode should just have been called "Shiva is dying again and you have 1.3 seconds to save her from her own stupidity whilst dealing with all your own shit or you epic fail...you *****"

Somehow I did it, I'm just blessed with unnatural stubbornness

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
they hired her for her looks?
eh guess I can't complain
until the zombies come bursting in but okay whatev

Feb 13, 2008
Realism again. It's dumb to have limited ammo but unlimited spawns, but it artificially notches up the ammo so...

That's what CAPCOM should have done to clear itself of racism charges, let you have a gun toting six year old as your partner...

No, wait...

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
ultimateownage said:
All they need to do is give you average/ good guns at the beginning, and then have an excuse for losing it all. Problem solved.
At least Leon from Resident Evil 4 wasn't expecting to be shooting zombies or anything for that matter...

R4di4ti0n.

Sep 11, 2009
If you had trouble conserving ammo in this game, you...are just that bad. This was the easiest RE game yet and ammo was more plentiful than the zombies. The only ammo shortage was for like 5 minutes right after you find the magnum.

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
I thought the B.S.A.A. was a U.N. backed military organization charged with taking down Bio-Terrorism. If that's true then Chris' frustrations are well founded. Nice one, Shamus!