Stolen Pixels #223: The Expensive Dimension

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I'm more impressed by diffraction grating glasses than 3d.

So many pretty colors.... It's like living in a rainbow!

Anyway, Happy Birthday.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Have you always intended for the comic to be read first, and the text to be read after? 'Cause, if so, I've been doing it wrong for a year and a half.
I know. I have to strongly resist the urge to read the text first (both because it tends to load before the comic, and because it's shorter so there's less distance to scroll back up).

So I'd be happier if the text was at the bottom. But admittedly that doesn't fit as well with the narrower comic frames.

Zolrak 22

Sep 9, 2009
I'm not really a big fan of 3D with the whole affecting your eye in unnatural ways to get you to see it ( it's what causes the headaches to some people)but it was an interesting comic none the less.
Btw if what other people have said are true then Happy Birthday =D

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Happy Birthday!

Also, I noticed the text at the bottom! I still feel a little guilty for not realizing the text at the side in previous strips, but my guess is, we're easily distracted as readers. We scroll down, reading the comic in its entirety, then forget to scroll back up to see if we missed something. With the text at the bottom, it's more noticeable for me, personally. [sub]I am so sorry.[/sub]

So, to summarize:

Happy Birthday!

and...

[sub]...my condolences for your sidebar.[/sub]

Mackie Stingray

Feb 15, 2010
Oh god.
The joke was wonderful once, but let it be known that I love your comic too much to let you do all future installments in 3D, even if you presented that option in jest. If nothing else, my eyes literally don't function in a manner that allows this form of 3D to work in the intended manner.
I've not yet tried out other forms of 3D. I'm not hopeful. The condition's quite medical, and quite impossible to resolve with current technology, since it affected me through all developmental stages.
If anyone's wondering (dubious, but possible), yes, the real world's 3D elements tend to be a bit lost on me, too. I have depth perception, but it's crap for more than one reason.

pjm

Feb 12, 2009
I have two sets of 3D glasses (one cyan/red the other magenta/green) sitting next two my keyboard just for moments like this :)

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
MadeinHell said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
wide format comic = better

you all scoff at 3d but when 3ds comes out it will be like an explosion of awesome
Damn it... I read that you said "but when 3d comes out it will be like an explosion of awesome" and I wanted to respond with a witty "3d came out in 1913 and it was considered a cheap trick" but you said 3DS..

Damn you people for not using capital letters :(.
I don't know maybe change it to something like "3ds will go over as well as when 3d originally came out in 1913" ? i dont know im not witty
Me neither, that's the problem xP.

Vanilla Vanish

Mar 15, 2010
Actually read the comic with 3D glasses on.

In case your wondering; no, it didn't make everything 3D. It just made my head hurt :(

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Happy Birthday.

As a matter of fact I DO have one of those glasses. It works! It works except for the second panel. I see a second guy on the couch. I guess it's a difficult angle to work with.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Happy Birthday.

I like the new comic format, even though you say that's not going to be the new format :) Apart from the larger, wider images, I prefer the text below as I always like to read the comic, then the text, which currently means I have to scroll back up to the top when I'm done with the comic.

I don't have 3D glasses, so sadly I can't see the comic in it's full glory.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Happy Birthday!

But Shamus, the innovation of 3D does not outweigh the dead horse that is Garry's Mod comics >_<

The Random One

May 29, 2008
That's why I stick to stereoscopic 3D. Just look a little silly and you're done!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISTER YOUNG

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
Note: He's also testing the text below the comic format. Probably a good idea, Shamus, now you just have to wonder whether the side-text is essential to the spirit of Stolen Pixels.

Probably not.

Back on topic: dunno where my red/blue glasses went... ah well. Funny comic, though. Particularly the Bobby Kotick part! :D

Blackbird71

May 22, 2009
9of9 said:
DTWolfwood said:
Shamus have you considered making it a Stereogram? that doesnt need glasses :D (you just need to make 2 comic strips side by side XD)

p.s. Way to age! Happy Bday
This. A cross-eye stereo option would be fantastic.

Actually, nevermind. Here's a simple one made in photoshop, just separating out the colour channels: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7136/stolenpixels.jpg
Meh, no good for me, the images are spread too far apart, I can't quite get them to merge right.

If I put my face about 1/2" from the screen, then it get's really close, but at that distance it's kind of pointless anyway.

Yes, work today is quite boring.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Where the fuck are my anaglyph glasses? I haven't played Nanosaur 2 in so long, and I don't use them for anything else. Ah, well.

Happy birthday.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Damn my lazy eye! Now I can't see the 3D, even though I just so happen to have a pair of red/blue 3D glasses lying around for... why the hell do I have those just lying around, anyway?

OT: I like the new format. It lets us see more of the comic and learning the joke (if we didn't get it) at the end instead of making us peak and forget any funny we might have had.