Stolen Pixels #234: Digdigdig

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Sgt. Sykes said:
Is there anyone who does NOT like that game so much?
<--this guy.

Not that this was a surprise given I didn't like Dwarf Fortress either and they're games in the same general vein.

MorteSphere

Jul 8, 2009
matrix3509 said:
MorteSphere said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
MorteSphere said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
Actually the hi-res models of Breen and Metro look surprisingly okay in minecraft.

Hey notch! can you give us higher res player models?

no wait, it took me long enough to make a skin for the current models. don't bother.

MorteSphere said:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Shit's nuts. Dem cast obsidian obelisks.
Or import dwarf fortress maps to minecraft :) [http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27744]
Boring in comparison.
True enough, but MC is far from finished and Notch seems interested in making it far more complex in the long run.
Once he makes it a lot more like First Person DF than it already is, I'll buy it.
So all the guy really needs to add is elephants and angsty dwarves then? (also elves that act like pricks?)

EDIT: ZING!
Elf? What's an Elf? I think I've heard people refer to Elf Bone Bolt Cattle as Elves before.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
adderseal said:
you can build ANYTHING you want in Minecraft. Literally anything. Hit up youtube for examples, there's one guy who built a life-size, 1:1 scale replica of the starship enterprise. It's utterly mindblowing.
Unfortunately the guy cheated on that project. Tho if he didnt id suppose it have taken him a life time. lol
He did? Ah well, still looks awesome!
Although maybe not as awesome as a replica of planet Earth, as big as they could build it...pretty sure that's legit, it took a dedicated team a looong time.

Femaref

May 4, 2008
John the Gamer said:
Obsidian is a pain in the bum to work with. if you missplace a block you've lost another 15 seconds of boring picking. Still, it's fun to build a Doomfortress out of Obsidian. mainly because it can't be destroyed by explosions.
Unless you hack the game and send all packets used to represent one pick on the block at once instead of over the course of 15 seconds *whistles*

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
adderseal said:
DTWolfwood said:
adderseal said:
you can build ANYTHING you want in Minecraft. Literally anything. Hit up youtube for examples, there's one guy who built a life-size, 1:1 scale replica of the starship enterprise. It's utterly mindblowing.
Unfortunately the guy cheated on that project. Tho if he didnt id suppose it have taken him a life time. lol
He did? Ah well, still looks awesome!
Although maybe not as awesome as a replica of planet Earth, as big as they could build it...pretty sure that's legit, it took a dedicated team a looong time.
from what i gather the game space itself isnt actually large enough to allow for that. But even a 1/100 scale would be great ^-^

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Femaref said:
John the Gamer said:
Obsidian is a pain in the bum to work with. if you missplace a block you've lost another 15 seconds of boring picking. Still, it's fun to build a Doomfortress out of Obsidian. mainly because it can't be destroyed by explosions.
Unless you hack the game and send all packets used to represent one pick on the block at once instead of over the course of 15 seconds *whistles*
That's total gibberish to me. I do tend to use the Savegame editor to give me infinite amounts of diamond tools and building materials when I don't care about the game and want to try out building styles and traps and such. I once created a Obsidian tower in the middle of the ocean (sort of) wich was build to the maximum hight with lava running down the sides. but I hadn't dug a entrance/exit tunnel out yet, so when I fel off I was screwed. and slightly toasted. Right now I'm experimenting a bit with caracter creation (skin editor-thing) made a demon lord with shiny golden armour and a red-black scaled skin :)

Edit: He looks retarded btw.

emerald2142

Oct 1, 2009
Atually, someone already has created HL2 in Minecraft, or at least, the first chapter.

Edit: and somehow clicking edit just makes another post... oh and on the topic of stuff made in Minecraft, im making (not that ill ever be done) a bridge that goes forever :D. so far my filesize is 52 MB

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Minecraft comics?

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Keep'em up, Shamus.

In fact, why not a "Shamus Plays: Minecraft"?
Shamus Plays: Minecraft would be awesome! And yeah, he should totally make some more Minecraft comics! :D

Shamus Young said:
Stolen Pixels #234: Digdigdig

Dr. Breen discovers Minecraft.

Read Full Article
You should come see the Unofficial Escapist Server! It has a giant Escapist logo and everything!

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I took one look at Minecraft and it looks as boring as hell. I couldn't play something with those graphics... i'm sorry.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Flamezdudes said:
I took one look at Minecraft and it looks as boring as hell. I couldn't play something with those graphics... i'm sorry.
Ahh so phase one with other words :p

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Mr Companion said:
thefreeman0001 said:
everytime i see a comic like this i want to get minecraft.
You get to beat cows to death with a bunch of flowers by day and by night you lay in a ditch of filth and dirt while ungodly monstrosities try to claw their way in, what's not to like? ;D
That reminds me of this thingy I came up with a while back...

[HEADING=1]Minecraft![/HEADING]
[sub]The only game in which you can shear a sheep with a mushroom[/sub]