Stolen Pixels #242: Welcome to Town!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Are you suffering from Animal Crossing addiction now, Shamus?

You know that you are vulnerable to this kind of thing! Remember Chime and Minecraft as recent examples?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Nice poem and way a go getting my poem study mind running (I currently doing soem poem study at the moment). Yeah we all hate that Racoon.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I take it Shamus has given up on New Vegas then? Surely there's plenty more to poke fun at in the Mojave, apart from the obvious technical issues.

I really should get around to playing Animal Crossing one day. Unfortunately, I'd need to get a wii first...

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Tom Nook doesn't just break your spirit. He picks up the pieces and uses them as seasoning as he devours your soul. Afterwards, he has your hopes and dreams for dessert with a nice Chianti wine.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
There are a couple things about Animal Crossing I always found strange...

If there are other "people" that are supposed to be working for Tom, where are they? Who moves to a new place with no stuff and no money? How do the guards know your name, and why won't they let you leave?

Obviously, Tom Nook is far more sinister than he lets on. THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW!

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Raccons are evil. Didn't you know that?

I havent played Animal Crossing though.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
I must point you all to the Something Awful Let's Play of Animal Crossing.

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal%20Crossing/

All the secrets will be revealed there.

And it's brilliant.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Nightfalke said:
I must point you all to the Something Awful Let's Play of Animal Crossing.

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal%20Crossing/

All the secrets will be revealed there.

And it's brilliant.
Aw damnnit, you ninja'd me. The truth behind Animal Crossing is high octance nightmare fuel, truly not a children's game.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
HA! Jokes on him. I haven't been back in years, YEARS! Can you imagine how much of a hellhole wasteland that town is now? And he can never leave. Suck on my apathetic revenge, Nook!

Feb 13, 2008
Some times I just giggle at the ways Shamus puts these things.

"Oh he's so crazy, it can't all be like that."

Then I read up on the story.

Holy Shit...and they say Amnesia is bad?

Why not just rename your character Number 6 and be done with it?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
how does "fool" rimes with "do", i have been trying to say it out loud in every accent i could imagine, and unless they pronounce it "dool" where samus lives i dont get it.

if someone got a audio file where someone gets it to rime i would greatly appreciate it.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
But... But... Gold statue of yourself! And you have a mansion!

Seriously, if you pay off all your debt, you get a solid gold statue of yourself in town because you're JUST THAT GREAT. It pays off in the end, I promise! He's not sinister, he just needs your money to get you the best present you've ever had!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Holy crap! I've never played Animal Crossing, but if what you say is true, that Tom Nook is evil. Never mind all those lesser villains, none can compare to the evil of Tom Nook.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I actually re-bought wild world recently, and was reminded of nooks endless greed. He is one shady racoon, no doubt.

I talked to one of the characters recently, who randomly mentioned "being too adult for such things" and when I answered "what things" he said "Oh no...when tom nook got involved in those things, the whole town suffered!"

Needless to say, I was creeped out.

EDIT: That damn LP was even creepier...

pseudoidiot

Jul 22, 2008
Dammit, Shamus. That's almost enough for me to dust off my copy of Animal Crossing, load it into my Wii, the spend the next 8 hours pulling weeds and killing roaches.

Almost.

pseudoidiot

Jul 22, 2008
Dammit, Shamus, that's almost enough to make me want to dust off my copy of Animal Crossing, load it into the Wii, and spend the next 8 hours pulling weeds and killing roaches.

Almost.

edit: oh, look, it double posted. oops

Amarsir

Jul 7, 2009
Swaki said:
how does "fool" rimes with "do", i have been trying to say it out loud in every accent i could imagine, and unless they pronounce it "dool" where samus lives i dont get it.

if someone got a audio file where someone gets it to rime i would greatly appreciate it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FPGJrzzq_I