Stolen Pixels #26: Awesome'd: Episode 5

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008

The only thing better than Sam, Max, and Strong Bad? Why, pirates, of course.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
At least there was some point at the end of it, so the gratuitous cross over and self-indulgence is excusable.

Keep up the good work.

Loneduck3

Jul 12, 2008
Well done. I myself would have preferred a different model of Guybrush, but all in all, an enjoyable set of comics. Don't know how much patience I would've had, if I weren't a fan of Monkey Island, Sam and Max, and Strong Bad.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Eagle Est1986 post=6.73117.784041 said:
The end of an era there Shamus. So, normal service resuming next week?
Yep. Next Tuesday we'll be back to...

Can anything we do around here really be considered normal? Whatever. We'll be back to doing what we were doing before we started doing something else.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
I'm not sure if I got it, but I love it anyway!

Seriously Shamus, along with John Funk you really can't pull out anything, well... bad.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Guybrush is a reference to the Monkey Island Series.
"Manny" is a reference to Grim Fandango.
Monolith Burgers is a reference to the Space Quest series.
April Ryan is, as dochmbi pointed out above, a reference to The Longest Journey.

Tiroe

May 21, 2009
Nice surprise to see Guybrush there, considering that Telltale just made an episodic Monkey Island!

itsjustme

Oct 23, 2008
Shamus Young said:

The only thing better than Sam, Max, and Strong Bad? Why, pirates, of course.

Heck yeah! Guybrush Threepwood! Go Monkey Island!

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
It amuses me that this Sam & Max series was held up as an example of great adventure gaming where most past stuff was rubbish because to me, the new Sam & Max was slow, boring and baffling. I got precisely the sense of 'trying to work out the designer's personal insanity' that older games were accused of.

So I guess ALL adventure games still have that issue, it's just some of our sanity aligns more closely to one or the other...