Stolen Pixels #3: Artificial Idiocy

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #3: Artificial Idiocy

In this installment of Stolen Pixels, Shamus Young teaches us how to spot the subtle differences between real-life players and clever AI.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
It's just like playing online! Just with my team mates repeating themselves a little bit more.
Shamus, are you going to do a non UT3 comic soon? I'm just wondering how much more there is to say about UT3.....

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Great comic

So, if there is only one more UT3 comic left, I can't wait to see what other games will be lampooned.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Shamus Young said:
There is but one UT3 comic remaining, and then we shall turn our attention elsewhere.
Good news! Now I'm guessing what the next one's going to be about. You've covered the ridiculous story and the explanations of the game types. This week you covered the stupidity of the A.I. which is also oddly like playing online. Meh, I'm stumped, I'll just wait for Thursday. Good comic btw.

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
Oh no, I just realized I'm the guy who dies stupidly by rushing the enemy base alone. I always thought I was the elite recon mo-fo.

NobleBear

Jul 9, 2008
You're absolutely right about team balancing.

We need more Engies and fewer Medics...er...we're still discussing UT3, aren't we?

mockware

Jul 15, 2008
I'm glad you are doing these regularly. This is one of the funniest I've seen in a long time.

ReepNeep

Jan 21, 2008
Hey, come on now. Real people aren't much smarter. Except for the tank thing. Epic has never been able to teach those guys to drive.

NobleBear said:
You're absolutely right about team balancing.

We need more Engies and fewer Medics...er...we're still discussing UT3, aren't we?
Dude, the only time you have too many medics is if they account for more than half the team.
Engineer is full at three.

ChurchV50

Jun 13, 2008
People calling me fag is why I give xbox live my $50/year! When will they make bots that are able to do that?

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Shamus Young said:
Maybe your XBox isn't working right?
I should send it back claiming no preteens have insulted my sexuality or mother's well being yet. I'm horrified as to what they would send back.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
PurpleRain said:
Shamus Young said:
Maybe your XBox isn't working right?
I should send it back claiming no preteens have insulted my sexuality or mother's well being yet. I'm horrified as to what they would send back.
Another XBox, a copy of Halo, and a note saying, "lol ur mom".

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Oh, right, Shamus Young. I was wondering why these strips were good, as opposed to the usual poor fair most new content offers. I enjoyed DMOTR, and Chainmail Bikini was pretty good while it lasted. Good to see more of your work.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
Wow. I've heard the commentary joke plenty of times, but you actually managed to make it funny again.