Stolen Pixels #51: Aren't You Going to Open it Now?

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #51: Aren't You Going to Open it Now?

Time for a Stolen Pixels singalong: Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you...if you bug EA enough...c'mon, everybody!

Healey

Apr 14, 2008
This reminds me: really haven't played Spore for a while. Spot on, though.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Only way to make it more fitting would be for the guy to charge us for the empty box, and disable the game in 30 days if we didn't.

Oh wait. That would be Microsoft.

Graham

Dec 5, 2008
To quote Strong Bad (originally in reference to the new paper):

"[EA], when it comes to dissapointing, you never fail to dissapoint."

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Graham said:
To quote Strong Bad (originally in reference to the new paper):

"[EA], when it comes to dissapointing, you never fail to dissapoint."
Someday I'm going to count on them to disappoint me, and they're going to let me down. (I hope.)

Dev Null

Jul 29, 2008
The thing that makes me laugh about all of the Spore DRM backlash is that the DRM itself _didn't_ stop me from buying this game... it just kept me from buying it long enough - while I waited for something exactly like this to happen - that I heard enough about the game from people I trust to realise that I probably won't like it. _That_ is what will ultimately stop me from buying this game.

Maybe if they spent some of the effort they spend on DRM on making decent games instead...

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
When I saw the line "I bet this is what it feels like to be Santa" I thought the punch-line would be something like "It made me feel so good I bought myself a present" :)

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Let me guess...the only people who won;t have to worry about all that are the ones that pirated the game from torrents, right?

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
yeaaaah, like sending spirits to Scrooge, but then hoping he will be nice and generous just after the Ghost of Christmas Past...
:p