Stolen Pixels #55: Crass Effect

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
Dev Null said:
Yeah yeah, I know; science fiction mumble-mumble hi-tech materials handwave alien tech reverse the polarity on the neutron flow. Blah. I don't care how tough the saran wrap that suit is made of is; it can't _weigh_ much. One hit from any kind of projectile weapon and shes going to be sitting on her skinny little painted arse. Whats wrong with big clunky armour that actually looks like armour?
It's the sci-fi equivalent of a chainmail bikini, really. To be fair, the male jumpsuit version isn't all that better (accentuating the six pack and tight butt), just not that obvious because males tend to be less curvy. The colors are a bit much though.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Mass effects good but if you haven't played it, and herd the so called sex scene its like 3 seconds of bare ass.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Mass effects good but if you haven't played it, and herd the so called sex scene its like 3 seconds of bare ass.
Well it's still a "sex scene". Just not a very vivid one.

mgmchenry

Jan 14, 2009
illiterate said:
Dectilon said:
You sound really, really easy to bribe. You know what, I'll give you TWO achievements if you do a comic about Star Control 2 ;D

Speaking of 2s and Mass Effect, I hope the next game doesn't have a b-movie plot and boring sidequests :(
If you're going old school, how about something involving original bionic commando and his unwillingness to BEND HIS KNEES to get over an obstacle. "I have to use this arm thing"
He's not _unable_ to bend his knees. That never stops him from getting anywhere. In fact, he'll even kneel behind cover. He just prefers the arm.

If I was allowed to use a grapple arm to swing out of my cubicle, I'd never walk out the door again. And getting out of bed in the morning - that's a no-brainer.

On another note:
I'll give Shamus three achievements and unlock BONUS CONTENT if Shamus will add the occasional panel to DMoTR. There have got to be jokes he never worked into the main storyline.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
mgmchenry said:
I'll give Shamus three achievements and unlock BONUS CONTENT if Shamus will add the occasional panel to DMoTR. There have got to be jokes he never worked into the main storyline.
For the longest time I had a few LOTR minis. Just Boromir, Pip, and Merry. I had this joke in mind that would show them on a battlegrid, talking, Irregular Webcomic style.

The comic would take place just before Frank's (Boromir's) death. It would have the three of them cheering about the fact that they were FINALLY going to see some action, and maybe some stupid meta-comedy about how players get to decide where they're standing at the start of a battle.

Then: THUMP. A television-sized box drops into the frame, beside the battlegrid. On the side is written ORCS.

DM: You guys ready? Ok, help me set these up.
-fin-
Yeah, yeah. Not great. More of a visual joke. Ended up giving the minis away to someone who actually needed them instead of making the joke.

Just thought that might amuse you.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
That one simply HAD to be done. Someone should so the same for yaoi girls who will play or watch anything with potential guy-on-guy.

Grenbyron

Dec 31, 2008
I will give Fallout this, at least when a female character puts on the power armor she remembers to wear the chest plate.

mgmchenry

Jan 14, 2009
Shamus Young said:
For the longest time I had a few LOTR minis. Just Boromir, Pip, and Merry. I had this joke in mind that would show them on a battlegrid, talking, Irregular Webcomic style.

The comic would take place just before Frank's (Boromir's) death.

YES!!! It's a great gag to start with, but there are plenty of layers you can add in there.

In the previous strip, you could have Borimir/Frank confront Frodo at Path Galen(or is it Amon Hen) about getting all the loot, then have Frodo convince him that Merry and Pippin have been holding out on even better stuff.

Finally in the orc battle strip, Borimir would choose to set up near Merry and Pippin, sure in the fact that they won't survive the battle and he'd take their loot.

The objective being to subvert Borimir's redemption story into a greedy, ironic death. Nah... that's probably too much for one comic.

Now for my end of the bargain: You get the Master Pixel Thief achievement for creating two web comics without any drawing, and you get the Invisble Visionary achievement for creating a supplemental comic without any images whatsoever.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Shamus Young said:
That was hilarious. I wish you'd gotten a chance to film it while you had the miniatures.

nerdsamwich said:
Please do something about the "add this" button. It gets in the way of the text.
You sure it's not your browser? The button seems fine to me, unless he fixed whatever it was back then.