Stolen Pixels #65: Ten out of Ten Stars

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #65: Ten out of Ten Stars

The Power of Molyneux compels you to confess that you love Fable 2. Say it. Say it!

Read Full Article

NobleBear

Jul 9, 2008
I confess I love...to avoid playing this game.

Actually, that's not honest because I need to own a next gen console first to have the choice not to get it, but oh well.

In the event that i do I;ll likely skip it for the same reason I haven't played most FF games, if the story and characters don't interest me, It's not really worth my time.

I had it described by a friend who likes the game but I dont get it. Adding what I understand are Sims elements to a "will you wear good or evil textures" RPG don't strike me as being compelling. What am I missing?

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Actually, there is one more Fable 2 comic coming. Because I am weak.

Then we will all, mercifully, turn our attention elsewhere.

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
The floating head reminded me of Yahtzee's Fable 2 review.

Anyway, my prediction for Fable 3: Pretty much the same, Theresa is obviously the bad guy now ... well, you know, officially. She is already the Big Bad in this one and no one seems to get it. The new improved gameplay concept includes taking a crap all over the place and flinging poo (the girls will love it regardless) and Molyneux will kick out his fan fiction writers responsible for the main plot and will either hire a retarded monkey or a FOX News executive.

Angrywyvern

Sep 30, 2008
I liked Fable 2, because of the game play outside of the main story. The story was disappointing and annoying, and since I just can't force myself to be evil, I got emotionally and physically run-through by the writer many times, especially near the end

(from the "evil or good" choices, being good is usually accompanied by a punishment, while nothing happens or you're rewarded for being evil)

This was really annoying, especially since I had to do the main quest to get to new areas and towns.

Graham

Dec 5, 2008
Shamus, thanks for pointing out that my enjoyment of Fable 2 could actually be a result of some kind of will-bending trickery employed by Peter Molyneux himself. I'll have to investigate this further.

As always, great SP.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Anaphyis said:
Oh, it was a nod towards Yahtzee for sure. I thought off him while I photoshopped Pete's eye out.

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
Shamus Young said:
Anaphyis said:
Oh, it was a nod towards Yahtzee for sure. I thought off him while I photoshopped Pete's eye out.
Doh! I guessed it was a nod, but the eyes are a dead giveaway now that you are mentioning it. Although your version appears creepier for some reason. Maybe it's the context, maybe it's the ghostly blur and the transparency.

Xyllar

Dec 19, 2008
Well, I guess now we know what it takes to get Shamus to assign a numerical score to a review.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Good comic, but would have really hit home if the game's "You've Gained Evil Points" marker popped up.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Meh, I can't say I found this to be very clever. Has Molyneux made some kind of Navigtr-style statement that I've managed to miss or something? Otherwise this joke could be applied to any game with a profilic designer.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Dectilon said:
Meh, I can't say I found this to be very clever. Has Molyneux made some kind of Navigtr-style statement that I've managed to miss or something? Otherwise this joke could be applied to any game with a profilic designer.
Molyneux has been known to personally call up reviewers to discuss in further detail what they thought about his game. This joke wouldn't have worked with, say, Miyamoto, or Bleszinski.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Hahaha.. Good comic..

Never really got that game, something about it that didn't really fall to my taste..
Well, was kinda fun running around farting on people.. Even though i thought farting was something we all just knew how to do from the start, not needing to read a book about it first.. lol