Stolen Pixels #67: A Place for Pie

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #67: A Place for Pie

Shigeru Miyamoto said that Wii Fit was meant to make you "aware of your body" -- making you aware of what a pitiful human being you are is apparently just a bonus.

Read Full Article

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I hate stepping on the Wii fit board. "You are overweight". Gee thanks that really makes me want to play with you now.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Brokkr said:
I hate stepping on the Wii fit board. "You are overweight". Gee thanks that really makes me want to play with you now.
The worst is the ritual shaming process.

"Golly, you didn't reach your goal. In fact, you gained five pounds! Why did you gain 5 pounds?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know? YOU DON'T F***ING KNOW?! I SUGGEST YOU AND YOUR FAT F***ING FACE TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK DOWN OCCASIONALLY. Just...no, no body test today. Go run laps or something."

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
"Its my glands!"

"Yeah right fatty, I'm calling the factory ship to cart your whale ass away"

Rochnan

Dec 2, 2008
I love the Wii Fit comics.
I'm just wondering, how much truth is there in them? Because I'm thinking of giving it as a present for my sister. :p

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Haha one of the best ones yet, in my opinion. Not sure what my choice would be though. Probably suicide!

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Rochnan said:
I love the Wii Fit comics.
I'm just wondering, how much truth is there in them? Because I'm thinking of giving it as a present for my sister. :p
Some truth. The Wii Fit board is rude at times, and if you gain weight it will demand an explanation: Snacking, Overeating, Late-night snacks, indigestion, etc. All food-based. Even if you're a 200lbs. man and you gain ONE pound. It will then bring that reason up days later.

It's simply too stupid to be your coach, and when it tries the thing is frustrating or insulting.

But it's a really good piece of exercise equipment (small, cheap, and fun) if you just want to burn some energy.

Graham

Dec 5, 2008
I thoroughly enjoy how 'no' wasn't an option in the third frame.

As always, well done.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
its true, Wii Fit IS evil!

I knew it!! Thats why I have my Wii locked in a closet with no light just in case if the moonlight hits it it transformes into a were-Nintendo and savages my 360

RedRingRico

Aug 27, 2008
Ugh, Wii Fit is definitely an impudent little shit sometimes.

"I'm here to improve your posture and a variety of other passive-aggressive body-positive crap! But if you want the colourful little stamps for your calendar, you're going to have to weigh yourself obsessively every day!"

"You haven't been on in 2 days! NOW YOU WILL CATCH THE FAT. SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!"

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
No, your Wii Fit isn't the only one that acts that way, I'd swear I've seen those very screens, before.

One of the funniest things about Wii Fit is that all it can really test you on is the distribution of weight between your feet, so it behaves as if this is the most important indicator of overall fitness. Out here in the real world, I never have people come up to me and say, "Hey, looking good! Your weight looks really evenly distributed over your left and right feet! Rrrowr." Well, hardly ever.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Reminds me of playing Wishbringer ion the 80s; you type in something & the games gives you some sass. lol.