Stolen Pixels #71: PS3 Exclusive Interview

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Shamus Young said:
So that's my take on the PS3. It costs too much, it weighs too much, and it drinks too much.
So its a 600? drinking buddy?

I can live with that.

Onmi said:
the other reason is because it's COOL!
Ignore all of the above post except for that bit. :p

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Onmi said:
Doug said:
Onmi said:

This sold me Bluray, this animation? 80's. It really shows with Animation.
I have to always wonder - what is it with the Japanese and humanised mechs with melee weapons?
you're shitting me right?

Okay Okay, well in Gundam, Minovsky Particles screws with Radio, Radar and Targeting systems. hence firing from afar is NOT accurate, but mostly it's because if the enemy gets up close you REALLY need something to defend youself with.

As you can see, USUALLY it's a single beam saber thats stored on the Recharge Backpack. usually they use Beam Rifles and Bazooka's.

the other reason is because it's COOL!
*shrugs* how would I know? I'm not into anime at all. Add to that, I think guns are cooler (in fiction at least) that swords and so forth.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Shamus Young said:
Just to be clear: I pick on Sony a lot because I think they have made some missteps, but I wouldn't call the Xbox "better" than the PS3. A lot of it depends on what you need, which model you get, and how much you have to spend.
I look forward to your Xbox 360 and Wii comic strip. Please post if they already exist. Surely, all three deserve this mocking treatment not just the PS3?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
MrGFunk said:
Shamus Young said:
Just to be clear: I pick on Sony a lot because I think they have made some missteps, but I wouldn't call the Xbox "better" than the PS3. A lot of it depends on what you need, which model you get, and how much you have to spend.
I look forward to your Xbox 360 and Wii comic strip. Please post if they already exist. Surely, all three deserve this mocking treatment not just the PS3?
If Microsoft come forward and say they intentionally made the Xbox 360 hard to program, like the Sony guy did, I'd expect him to do so.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Doug said:
MrGFunk said:
Shamus Young said:
If Microsoft come forward and say they intentionally made the Xbox 360 hard to program, like the Sony guy did, I'd expect him to do so.
This isn't the only subject to write a comic strip about.

If a former worker from Microsoft released information to the effect that Microsoft knowlingly released faulty hardware that could make quite good satire.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
MrGFunk said:
Doug said:
MrGFunk said:
Shamus Young said:
This isn't the only subject to write a comic strip about.

If a former worker from Microsoft released information to the effect that Microsoft knowlingly released faulty hardware that could make quite good satire.
True - anything of that nature would be comical too. Like EA on PC's.

Graham

Dec 5, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Um...you guys know that Travis is just one of Shamus' characters, right? He's not an actual person.
I don't think Travis would appreciate that.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doug said:
MrGFunk said:
Shamus Young said:
No, they said they intentionally made their console with a high failure rate, remember? They said they released without doing the neccesary quality testing.
When? Source?

EDIT:
Also, technically, that isn't intentionally making a low reliablity console. Still stupid, but still ;)

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doug said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doug said:
MrGFunk said:
Shamus Young said:
No, they said they intentionally made their console with a high failure rate, remember? They said they released without doing the neccesary quality testing.
When? Source?

EDIT:
Also, technically, that isn't intentionally making a low reliablity console. Still stupid, but still ;)
And this isn't intentionally making it hard to develop for - its giving it great potential while at the same time giving it a different coding method.

And if you honestly need them to come out and say "we shipped this thing early, and thats why it has the worst reliability of any console in history"......
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
I think they DID say that Indigo, it's in the news room, but yeah, it does kinda go without saying.
As I said in that previous thread, it was clearly stated by the Sony boss that it was intentionally done without him stating it was necessary to the hardware performance. If he's not a native English speaker, and doesn't speak the language well, fair enough, he might have made a mistake.

Licaon_Kter

Jan 23, 2008
Onmi said:
Let me restate, I don't care if you rip on anything, but make sure your actually funny and NOT stale!
it's stale for you, but hey console wars bored me out