Stolen Pixels #86: Left 4 Dumb: Part 8

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Rule #1 of the shotgun: If you are not firing, you should be reloading.
Rule #2 of the shotgun: Never, ever empty the semiauto shotgun. That delay with pulling back the bolt is killer.

Rule #1 of the pushbroom: Please don't encourage Bill.

Manic0892

Oct 2, 2008
For some reason, in SMOD: Tactical they have dual auto-shotguns.

And sadly, you do reload them by moving them out of frame, hearing a CHUNK-CHUNK, and then moving them back into frame.

Wtf.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Kross said:
I've always judged zombie games by the quality of their shotguns. If the range is too weak, or the ammo too limited (overall ammo reserves, I can appreciate a good two shot sawed-off like CoD5's, but it better have a nice kick), I tend to get angry and stop playing earlier.

L4D has a nice one with a decent range, but that reload can definitely be a killer if you're not always topping it off.
I'd say that's part of being good with the Shotgun. With the M4 and the Rifle, you want to wait until they're a little lower to reload them (unless there's a lull in the action), but a good Shotgun user needs to treat his Shotgun in the same manner that a good Soldier in TF2 uses his Rocket Launcher.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
It's hilarious yet true. In Serious Sam, you just sort of shake the gun until it reloads. They try to explain this with something, but I forgot exactly what it was. In practice, it just ended up being shaking a revolver until it reloaded itself.