Stolen Pixels #90: Left 4 Dumb: Part 12

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #90: Left 4 Dumb: Part 12

You know what's missing from the safehouses in Left 4 Dead? Anti-bacterial everything.

Read Full Article

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Ooh, a new fancy icon for the front page, eh?

OT: Yeah, the saferooms are rather short on luxury stuff. I imagine being Zoey in one of the smaller ones can't be too fun.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Saftey Manse? Just because that sounds like saftey dance this has become the best ever web comic ever.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Rhayn said:

OT: Yeah, the saferooms are rather short on luxury stuff. I imagine being Zoey in one of the smaller ones can't be too fun.
Indeedie! And she probably will get hit on alot.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I always did think they looked a bit uncomfortable, which would explain why the survivors seem so keen to constantly risk life and limb to get to another safehouse. Which turns out to be just as bad. Ad Infinitum until death.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Doug said:
I'm actually mildly suprised Valve didn't go with the cheap jokes, and have the guys throw more 'sexist' jokes at Zoey. But I wouldn't worry about being hit on though, more about getting randomly grabbed by any of the guys whilst trying to sleep in a cramped place.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Rhayn said:
Doug said:
I'm actually mildly suprised Valve didn't go with the cheap jokes, and have the guys throw more 'sexist' jokes at Zoey. But I wouldn't worry about being hit on though, more about getting randomly grabbed by any of the guys whilst trying to sleep in a cramped place.
Maybe, but I prefer to think that the apocalypse hasn't driven the guys into raping.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Wow, that must be one dirty bucket if it's too dirty to piss in.

Doug said:
Rhayn said:
Doug said:
Maybe, but I prefer to think that the apocalypse hasn't driven the guys into raping.
I second that motion.

Otterpoet

Jun 6, 2008
The Safety Manse... Okay, after I clean up the coffee I just shot out my nose, I think I'm going to recruit an angry mob and go after Shamus ;) j/k

Freakin' Brilliant, man. Just freakin' brilliant!

mgmchenry

Jan 14, 2009
I feel really sad because I can't figure out why "Safety Manse" is funny, aside from sounding like "Safety Dance".

Maybe playing Left 4 Dead would have helped.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Rhayn said:

I noticed it too! :) I really love this series.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
mgmchenry said:
I feel really sad because I can't figure out why "Safety Manse" is funny, aside from sounding like "Safety Dance".

Maybe playing Left 4 Dead would have helped.
Manse is basically a mansion. Google that stuff next time.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
They actually sleep in those places? I always assumed they spent 15 minutes catching their breath then the filth drove them out.