Stolen Pixels #94: Crysis Demo, Part 3

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
bahahahahahahaha that was a good one

oh yeah and your character dosent die but your buddy that got grabbed does. those aliens always coming here to kill us all.

MagnumJoe

Mar 7, 2009
Shamus, i thought you were kidding when you showed that "Hello World" page, but it turned out to be true, lol! That's funny!

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
Wilcroft said:
Sparrow Tag said:
On a side note, does that REALLY happen? Just links you to a blank page only saying "Hello World"?
http://buycrysis.ea.com
^ Link in the comic.

Surprisingly, it's true.
Yeah, I didn't believe it but those are some good lulz.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
You've gotta love EA's marketing department. So full of the joie de vivre, that they can't bring themselves to do anything but say hello to all the world.

Now, were I to write the marketing blurb for the back of the Crysis box:

"Crysis is the heartwarming story of the 43rd Company of the Army of the People's Republic of North Korea. Everyone expected these misfits to wash out of the Army because of their poor logical skills, tendency to die of heart attacks when swimming, stepping on loose branches or seeing Americans in high-tech armor, and inability to actually speak Korean. But Kim Jong-Il, in his infinite, Elton-John-sunglasses-wearing wisdom, has sent 43rd Company to a faraway island to help protect the Earth from extraterrestrial invasion and American imperialism. Only their bravery can defend the proletariat working hard for the betterment of all peoples!

Oh, and there's some aliens and shit in it too."

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
ben---neb said:
I'm playing Crysis for the first time now, it's pretty good, i keep forgetting I'm not in Half Life 2 and can't run into a group of enemies and still take them all down. I ran into two enemies and they killed me, highly embarassing, now i just sneak past the idiots laughing at them them.
I get it, its a double 'them' because you sneaked past two guards. Genius.

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Sparrow Tag said:
On a side note, does that REALLY happen? Just links you to a blank page only saying "Hello World"?
Type in the URL the page shows. It does.

I even tried viewing the page source, on the off chance it was like that "H1Z1" page a while back, and a hacker of some form or fashion had been goofing off, and hadn't reached that yet.

Nope. Just six or so lines of HTML. Nothing interesting.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
rofl I actually went to that page after seeing that, looks like EA wants to welcome you to the world, maybe a hint, that if you play a demo for Crysis you should get a life? Some may need to take that advice, if you need me I'll be out talking to beautiful women and other life-oriented things.

mentor07825 said:
Hello World. The first thing I learned to program was to create a message box that said "Hello World".
When I first learned HTML, i skipped that lesson, apparently it wasn't needed, I personally run my website now.(And I suck at alot HTML, cause i didn't go that far in the lessons, they started to reference Hitler alot.)

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
"Bushes and Trees and Water and Super powers and shooting and sand and crabs and chickens and explosions and boats and running fast and aliens and ice aliens and lasers and planes and dinosaurs turtles and koreans - The Game" would be my choice of a "bare bones" title but I guess that can't fit into one panel.

That, or Snakes on a Plane.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
You've gotta love EA's marketing department. So full of the joie de vivre, that they can't bring themselves to do anything but say hello to all the world.

"Crysis is the heartwarming story of the 43rd Company of the Army of the People's Republic of North Korea. Everyone expected these misfits to wash out of the Army because of their poor logical skills, tendency to die of heart attacks when swimming, stepping on loose branches or seeing Americans in high-tech armor, and inability to actually speak Korean. But Kim Jong-Il, in his infinite, Elton-John-sunglasses-wearing wisdom, has sent 43rd Company to a faraway island to help protect the Earth from extraterrestrial invasion and American imperialism. Only their bravery can defend the proletariat working hard for the betterment of all peoples!

Somebody give this guy a job!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Aaaaaaah! Run for your lives! The computers have become sentient and are greeting us, which will shortly be followed by mass amounts of death!

Aaaaaaaaah, I say, Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

In the meantime, has anybody had a fun time playing Crysis?

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
new_age_reject said:
The Rogue Wolf said:

My head exploded. It was weird. I felt it begin to go. I thought, "This has to be a joke." I checked as best I could. It's not. Some exec really did turn his homework in from the first day of any computing class ever as his marketing page for Crysis. Then it went BOOSH brains all over the place.

If you send this post into EA's hiring department I give it a 50% chance that some exec will be out of a job and The Rogue Wolf will have it.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Captain Blackout said:
new_age_reject said:
The Rogue Wolf said:

My head exploded. It was weird. I felt it begin to go. I thought, "This has to be a joke." I checked as best I could. It's not. Some exec really did turn his homework in from the first day of any computing class ever as his marketing page for Crysis. Then it went BOOSH brains all over the place.

If you send this post into EA's hiring department I give it a 50% chance that some exec will be out of a job and The Rogue Wolf will have it.
Let's face it, more like 90% chance.

searanox

Sep 22, 2008
Hahaha, I love the last panel. I mean the game did come out close to two years ago now, and that page is just for the demo so it's reasonable to expect that it'd be gone by now... but you'd think they'd at least put a redirect or something.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Yeah, it got fixed before I could check out the Hello World thing. Disappointing but still a funny SP.