Stolen Pixels #94: Crysis Demo, Part 3

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #94: Crysis Demo, Part 3

Shamus' adventures with the bushes and trees of the Crysis demo come to a not-entirely-unexpected end.

Read Full Article

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
is it just me who can't see the comic, or is that the joke :p

edit: haha shamus :p

edit 2: you actually clicked shamus? damn, i just ctrl+alt+deleted that page :p

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
yeah I cant see it either. D:

edit: oh wait I get it (This is what happens: Nothing) :p

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
On a side note, does that REALLY happen? Just links you to a blank page only saying "Hello World"?

LazerFX

Driver
Sep 10, 2008
wow - just went to the site, and sure enough... Hello World.

Awesome, now that is pure genius. Someone just needs to set that site up to do a rickroll, and it'd be perfect.

Hrm - sarcasm overload, perhaps?

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Good one, does it seriously just say "Hello World"?
I don't have the demo so I can't check your facts, Mr. Young.

Funny stuff.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I quite enjoyed the Demo, apparently its when Aliens show up in the game that it gets crap so maybe its for the best it ends there. but very funny still.

Satki

Dec 29, 2007
george144 said:
I quite enjoyed the Demo, apparently its when Aliens show up in the game that it gets crap so maybe its for the best it ends there. but very funny still.
Is that before or after the bit with the alien spaceship that everyone describes as amazing?

Wilcroft

Oct 31, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
On a side note, does that REALLY happen? Just links you to a blank page only saying "Hello World"?
http://buycrysis.ea.com
^ Link in the comic.

Surprisingly, it's true.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Gotta love punch lines that write themselves. Hopefully a return to Left 4 Dumb next week? Looking forward to more, either way. SP and Experienced Points are easily my favorite features on the Escapist.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
I'm playing Crysis for the first time now, it's pretty good, i keep forgetting I'm not in Half Life 2 and can't run into a group of enemies and still take them all down. I ran into two enemies and they killed me, highly embarassing, now i just sneak past the idiots laughing at them them.

Or sneak into a group of seven, kill one, hide behind a rock, sneak away, watch them try and find me, throw a grenade, hide again, die laughing. Good times.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Gotta love punch lines that write themselves. Hopefully a return to Left 4 Dumb next week? Looking forward to more, either way. SP and Experienced Points are easily my favorite features on the Escapist.
He said on his blog that he'd be returning to L4D after this.

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
Oh the joy of Crysis, but I don't like how you didn't make fun of the fact that you can run into the koreans and kill them.