Stolen Pixels #96: Left 4 Dumb, Part 14

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #96: Left 4 Dumb, Part 14

"Kill it with fire" doesn't always work like you'd hope.

Read Full Article

Lopunny

Apr 15, 2009
Its worse when you just miss entirely and set Francis on fire.
Naw, thats just funny ^^ or even better, setting them BOTH on fire ^^ but funny stuff anyway! i love the facial expressions you give them.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
I prefer the accidental short throw which traps team mates between Tank and Fire. Then the screaming begins.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I like it when a noob throws a pipe bomb hen has it bouce back into the corner where hes hiding.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Armitage Shanks said:
I'm sorry, but you think that's worse? Shouldn't it be 'better'?

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Most people don't realize that he RUNS FASTER on fire - so it's not actually the best idea every time but for some reason, people do it every time. Even when he's in hallways or something.

QuadrAlien

Mar 20, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Most people don't realize that he RUNS FASTER on fire - so it's not actually the best idea every time but for some reason, people do it every time. Even when he's in hallways or something.
I found this out eventually. I was wondering why there always seemed to be a major misjudgement in my distance to stay out of the tank's reach while blasting for the most power with an auto-shotgun. The fact that being that close means the molotov is also heading for me is a further disadvantage.

...On the other hand, I have once been limping and trying to get away from a tank, only to decide the best option for the team (who have naturally already legged it to a safe distance) is to throw our last molotov straight downwards at the last second with a triumphant cry of "I regret nothing!". :p

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
The rare case of when 'kill it with fire' fails. Fire, how could you fail us so?!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Granted molotovs don't slow the tank or the witch down (although they seem to make the hunter and smoker not attack so much, tho they still might) they do shorten their lifespan, but one should never count on the molotov doing the work alone. And somehow that is just so Louis, to just stand there yelling Tank. Poor Bill..unless The Reaper comes into action he's going to end up airborne too.
That reminds me of one time playing Bill in No Mercy, just after the Generator Room I believe, going through the second story offices. Tank crashes into the room, and smacks me neatly through the window outside and across the street. Left me incapped with nobody near enough to help. Think was my first time dying from no help during an incap.

Anyway....RUN BILL RUN!!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Lopunny said:
Naw, thats just funny ^^ or even better, setting them BOTH on fire ^^ but funny stuff anyway! i love the facial expressions you give them.
What's really funny is when you TRY to set Francis on fire, but miss and end up hitting the tank.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
I wonder how much beating this dead horse can take...

I mean, it was funny, for the first five or six episodes, but it lost its novelty now, and since there is no actual story or character development, its losing quality. But I digress, this comic can still be saved...