Stonking Great Game Contest Now Live!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Eric the Orange said:
So the winner will be chosen this week. So when is Yahtzee going to review it. Like in 2 weeks?
I'm guessing it'll be this week's review, as the winner hasn't been announced yet.
Well maybe if the game is short enough, but I doubt it. Considering the last day to turn in was the 16th, and his next review is on the 18th. So they would have to look through all the entrys, give him the winner, let him play it, and then make a review of it in 2 days.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Eric the Orange said:
SirBryghtside said:
Eric the Orange said:
So the winner will be chosen this week. So when is Yahtzee going to review it. Like in 2 weeks?
I'm guessing it'll be this week's review, as the winner hasn't been announced yet.
Well maybe if the game is short enough, but I doubt it. Considering the last day to turn in was the 16th, and his next review is on the 18th. So they would have to look through all the entrys, give him the winner, let him play it, and then make a review of it in 2 days.
No, it was on October 19th when the games all had to be given in - they just haven't announced it all yet.
oh, well that makes more sense then.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
Congrats to Alconja and Xelubest for their winning entries, and thanks to the Escapist for letting us screw around with your IP. I hope this becomes an annual thing, I wouldn't mind another shot at this next year.

Oh and to the judges:
Getting my work played and reviewed by such illustrious names is an honor.

Richard Kain

Aug 10, 2009
Awwww crud. I didn't even make it into the top three. On the plus side, I did get some pretty positive comments from the judges. So there's that. Here's a link to my entry...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/games/stonking_great/game/13-Development+Dilemma

Even though I didn't place, I would strongly urge everyone to take my little game for a spin, and be sure to post your own comments about it in the comment section. I am eager to get whatever feedback people are willing to post. (suggestions, criticisms, even some slander)

Congrats on placing, Hamster! Your game is a solid effort, and an entertaining play.

badmonkey91

Feb 20, 2009
Am I allowed to ask if we can submit better versions now? I didn't realize to submit a zip with the HTML friendly version :!

All of my visuals are shrunk.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Want to see Yahtzee's review of the winner and the runner-ups? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1096-Dragon-Age-Origins

They are right "during" the credits but you may as well watch the whole thing. :)

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
badmonkey91 said:
Am I aloud to ask if we can submit better versions now? I didn't realize to submit a zip with the HTML friendly version :!

All of my visuals are shrunk.
Ditto, I found out there is a non deterministic bug in my game that makes the ending boss fight unwinable 1/3 the time.

Also, same time next year?

Waltzy

Jun 27, 2009
Wow, they were all so piss poor, I should have entered. I doubt they'll do another with entries like that..