Stop Motion Transformers Battle Has "The Touch"

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Stop Motion Transformers Battle Has "The Touch"

YouTube user Harris Loureiro has produced an epic stop motion battle pitting Optimus Prime against a team of evil mecha.

You know what's cool? Stop motion animation. It's also, sadly, something you don't see too much of these days on account of it being incredibly time consuming and about a thousand times more difficult to do well than it is to simply toss a scene together made with CGI. That said, sometimes it's just worth it to do things the hard way; something exhibited in a recently released fan made Transformers stop motion sequence.

Made by YouTuber Harris Loureiro, Attack on Giant features a battle between Make Toy's Constructions and a Laser Optimus Prime toy. The video, simply put, is nothing short of awesome, combining some great stop motion (captured with Dragonframe) and computer generated special affects to piece together a fight scene that feels about a thousand times more faithful to the original vision of the Transformers than anything a certain series of popular films has produced. Loureiro earns bonus points, of course, for using Stan Bush's <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU&feature=kp>The Touch in the video.

The only unfortunate thing about this video is the act that it actually could have been even better than it already is. In the video's description, Loreiro confirms that he actually had more footage that was lost on a faulty hard drive and that he wasn't able to replicate on account of his having sold the involved toys during a time of financial difficulty. As unfortunate as that is, we hope he's proud of the work he was able to complete as it's pretty danged fantastic.

Source: <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHWPvwD8Xk>YouTube

Pickapok

Eater of Doughnuts
May 17, 2011
For anyone rushing to google up where they can get themselves one of those fancy Devastators, Maketoys Green Giant comes in a gift set of the six individual robots for $380 total. If you have that kind of money to spare, I highly recommend him!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Pure awesome.

But that's the sad part about Transformer toy battles, our hands always got in the way of the best parts.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Pickapok said:
For anyone rushing to google up where they can get themselves one of those fancy Devastators, Maketoys Green Giant comes in a gift set of the six individual robots for $380 total. If you have that kind of money to spare, I highly recommend him!
Time to start selling some body parts, 'cause I want NEED one of those! (You don't happen to know if they do one of those in Bruticus form, do you?)

Until then, I feel the sudden urge to start playing with my Transformers again.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
The same company who made both these figures - the upgrade set for rts optimus and the incredible looking green giant aka devastator have a new combiner coming out very soon named quantron based on the g1 combiner computron.

He's 400 bucks though so, yeah tf hobbiest collecting. haha

A very nice Bruticus is currently being released by a company named Warbotron - biggest tf combiner ever made, roughly 500-550 he'll be total. Their are also two predakings of similar price close to completion.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This was very well done, I have made a stop motion movie in school (at the age of 16) and it took me 6 months, filming it was a total of max 20 hours, closer to 10 - 15 but making the set and all that was the part that took us long to do, plus just working 4-6 hours a week on it.
This nothing short of awesome :)

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Yup, that was AMAZING!
These are the kinds of battles that Transformers fans want to see. You know not obscured behind walls, explosions, and smoke.
To be fair though, the recent one is on the right path for understanding this, but still a long road ahead.

XenoScifi

Dec 30, 2013
Perhaps Michael Bay should take note? I would pay for a bigger budget version of this!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While the video is awesome (especially when most of the sound effect were G1) but the vidoe itself can be abit blurry at times.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
OOH OOH! Can I rag on Michael Bay too?? I want to be cool as well!!

SMH

That was pretty cool, though. Reminds me of the stuff I used to do with my GI Joe figs. But not that in-depth.

Pickapok

Eater of Doughnuts
May 17, 2011
Baron von Blitztank said:
Time to start selling some body parts, 'cause I want NEED one of those! (You don't happen to know if they do one of those in Bruticus form, do you?)

Until then, I feel the sudden urge to start playing with my Transformers again.
Well right now there is a third party Bruticus being released limb by limb from the company Warbotron.

Two limbs currently released, $89 each.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
While the video is awesome (especially when most of the sound effect were G1) but the vidoe itself can be abit blurry at times.
I agree. I kinda wish I could see what the hell Optimus was doing the first half of it. Besides that, it was really cool~