Storms of Steel and Diesel - A Mad Maxian RP (Started; PM if Interested)

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
"Tellz wat. How 'bout dat one plus tree mo' fre beds." She replied, gesturing to the bullet. "An Izzy'll fix yer genny fer eats an' drinks for both. Izzy a blackfinger, knows motos uv all kind. How dat?"

"Also, if you don't mind, we need some more food and water, for two more people. I'm a Medicus, a healer, so if there is anything I can do for you, or someone you know, I am willing to help. I also have some... mixtures, medicine of different sorts, if that helps. I can't part with a lot, although if I had a place for it and some basic materials, I could create some more for you."

"Quite the pair, aren't you?" remarked the innkeep, looking from one to the other with a raised brow. "Okay, you 'ave yourselves a deal. Just make sure you're done with your tinkering before long. There's plenty of light now, but don't wanna be out of power when the sun goes down. Genny's out around the back, best go out that way," the old man pointed Izzy to far end of the inn.

Then he looked at Cor and considered what he had to offer. "A Medicus, eh? 'Aven't 'ad a mender in this town for a spell. There's a scout of ours that came down with some kind of fever. Don't know what's causing it. So far, all we've managed is to make him comfortable. Doesn't seem to spread though, so you needn't worry about catching anything." He mimed a map on the bar top, showing that he wasn't too far. "E's two doors up, just off to the left if you leave out the front. Oh, and 'fore you go..."

"Order up!" Shouted the innkeep, turning his head to the open doorway behind him. "Two crocks and tins, on the double! C'mon then, 'aven't got all day!"

"Yeah, yeah, I got yer crocks, ye crock," said the wiry old cook as he walked in from the kitchen. The innkeep just furrowed his brow and shook his head in response. The cook was carrying a sawed plank with two bowls, two wooden spoons, and two cans. There was a half a cob of corn in each bowl along with a couple of cubed potatoes. In the cans was water that looked freshly boiled. The cook set the plank on the bar and trudged right back into the kitchen.

The innkeep pushed the plank towards Cor. "Make sure we get these back, all right? When you and the girl are ready, you'll get yours."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
?Genny's out around the back, best go out that way,"

?Gots it.? Izzy replied, pulling out the three promised bullets and leaving them in front of the bartender. Looking back at Cor, she smiled. ?There, we got eats, agua an? beds; Izzy gonna go fix the genny now so if ya wanna go see their sickie Izzy won?t keep ya.? Leaving Cor to do what he did best, she went out the door the barman had pointed to and headed into the genny shack.

Inside the shack she found an old little inline 4 cylinder from a car, which had been repurposed to work as a power generator. It was clattering pretty good, now that she was standing next to it, and there was a bit too much smoke coming out of the exhaust. Yanking the lead that went from the battery to the engine she killed the power, then set about rummaging through the shack for any bits that may be useful for her.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
After showing Eddie and Rasp where the Sheriff Haggerd's office was, Katsu headed back towards the Inn, realising that she hadn't eaten yet; whilst she did have her trail mix, that was more for eating whilst on the road, and that she had to use it sparingly. Getting there was fairly simple, given how quiet the small settlement still was and it didn't take her long overall to arrive.

Crossing the threshold, Katsu just caught sight of the young girl from earlier leaving via the back door; went to fix the generator perhaps? Engineering wasn't Katsu's speciality, she knew what an engine was and how it worked, but being able to tinker with or fix it was out of her league. That just left the young man in the white coat who left to chase after the girl standing in front.

Not wanting to risk another chewing out like what happened earlier, Katsu decided to go find a table nearby, sat down and began compiling her notes on what she had learned so far; this being a thing she would do periodically in case certain things contradicted each other. Once the gentleman had either left or got some food of his own, she'd see about getting some herself.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"A Medicus, eh? 'Aven't 'ad a mender in this town for a spell. There's a scout of ours that came down with some kind of fever. Don't know what's causing it. So far, all we've managed is to make him comfortable. Doesn't seem to spread though, so you needn't worry about catching anything. E's two doors up, just off to the left if you leave out the front. Oh, and 'fore you go..."

The innkeeper yelled for two portions of food and water. At first, Cor wondered why there were only two, but then he realized they probably wanted to ensure Cor and Izzy didn't simply bail. It was a decent idea, that much was obvious. Still, things were looking out to the better, and he was glad he could help make it happen.

I wonder if Izzy noticed I was just following her lead.

"Make sure we get these back, all right? When you and the girl are ready, you'll get yours."

"Got it," Cor replied, and picked up the sawed off plank. "Feverish scout, two doors up, t' the left. We get food when we're done." He looked towards Izzy, an approving smile on his face.

I'll not take my chances with the scout, though, I'll do it like I always do with unknown conditions. Even if the others haven't shown any symptoms now, something could still surface.

"There, we got eats, agua an' beds; Izzy gonna go fix the genny now so if ya wanna go see their sickie Izzy won't keep ya."

"I'll go do that, then," Cor replied, before motioning towards the sawed plank in his hands. "I need t' deliver this first, though." Walking carefully, he got outside and made his way over to the wag. He noticed the others in front of the sheriff's office, but he was in a hurry so he simply kept walking.

I hope they get that they have t' deal on their own t' get food.

Cor balanced the plank on one hand and knocked on the door to the wag, and once he had delivered the food and water, he got inside to get some tools. His goggles and scarf would be useful to ensure he didn't get infected by anything, while he brought his bag for the rest. It could be difficult to figure out what was wrong with someone, especially if the fever meant the scout was unconscious.

They've been trying t' make it comfortable for him, though, so I should be able to communicate.

Knocking on the door before he entered, Cor waited about 10 seconds before opening the door and heading inside. Locating the patient, he made his way over to him, already looking for any clues to what the condition could be.