Story Details About New 50 Cent Game Revealed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Story Details About New 50 Cent Game Revealed

Story details about the in-development sequel to 50 Cent: Bulletproof [http://50centbulletproof.com/] have been released, sending the rapper and his crew off to bust some caps in the Middle East.

The new game, entitled 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, sees the intrepid musician and his loyal G-Unit crew setting off to a fictional Middle Eastern country to play a concert, according to an IGN [http://au.xbox360.ign.com]interview with producer Aaron Blean. "This is where the "blood on the sand" comes in," Blean said. "They put on the performance; the people are pleased, but the concert promoter stiffs them and doesn't give 50 and G-Unit their payment."

As you might expect, this sort of treatment doesn't sit well with 50 and his associates, who suggest there will be "consequences" if the payment isn't made. Short on cash but reluctant to cross the angry gangstas, the promoter offers 50 a valuable diamond-encrusted skull in lieu of cash.

"So 50 gets the skull, and as he's about to leave this war-torn country, when they're ambushed and the skull is taken," Blean continued. "They escape the ambush, but they're without the skull. So 50's motivated to get what belongs to him. So basically, throughout the game, he's trying to track these people down and find out who they are and why he was ambushed."

According to Blean, a Hollywood-based Muslim writer was hired to script the project, which is going to focus "a little more on the story" than the original 50 Cent game. 50 himself is said to be "heavily involved" in the game and the decision to take it out of the hood and into a more unique setting.

The full interview with Aaron Blean about the continuing adventures of Fiddy and friends can be read here [http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/862/862387p1.html].

Frapple

Sep 7, 2007
oh my rofl.

Anyone buying this game should be given a cyanide pill as a sort of aided natural selection, would clean up the gene pool a bit.

Designing games like this for a living must be depressing.

User was banned for this post?

Tanthalos

Mar 25, 2008
Yeah we have been critizing the game on various things in this thread over here:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.56430

Jack Sheehan

Oct 16, 2007
Oh holy christ...can you get more ridiculous than this? Who wrote this? Fiddy himself? Can he write? How is this allowed?

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Look, even if this was cinematographed by John Woo, produced by Tarantino, featured Sean Bean as the antagonist after the diamonds and was converted into a 5-hour opera, it still wouldn't gain any credibility with the usual gaming masses.

Fortunately, any game ripping off an infamous rap artist (I'm more of a Snoop fan myself) is destined to be lapped up by 12 year olds who have had gun culture marketed to them since Columbine.

Alas.

Caolinn

Mar 1, 2006
50 and the g-unit running around the middle east to retrieve ... wait for it ... bling? i must play this game. this will be good giggles. maybe i can buy it used or something.

REDPill357

Jan 5, 2008
Malygris said:
50 himself is said to be "heavily involved" in the game and the decision to take it out of the hood and into a more unique setting.
And the Middle East has been a unique setting in gaming since when?

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
REDPill357 said:
Malygris said:
50 himself is said to be "heavily involved" in the game and the decision to take it out of the hood and into a more unique setting.
And the Middle East has been a unique setting in gaming since when?
This is a new take on the middle east, insted of dusty houses we get dusty houses with bling...and pimps.

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure this was the plot of a '70s Luke Cage: Power Man comic. Only it was Doctor Doom rather than a group of marauding skull-thieves.

-Nick

bulletproof12

Feb 28, 2008
what company is making this game, i want to work for them. not because i would be proud making this pile of crap. but because if they decided that THIS was a good enough idea to make a game out of my ideas would be mind blowing to them. i could suggest having a sprint button and they would pay me 250,000$

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Asehujiko said:
What type of game is this going to be anyway? fps/adv/rpg?
I get the feeling this will be a rehashed Gears of War. Basically Gears of War 1.5, Modern Day with nasty black people. No, I'm not being racist, that's just the 'culture' (awful word to use for it, but meh.)