Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That being said, it does sound a lot like "if you enjoyed this, you might enjoy Stardew Valley a hell of a lot more".
You think so? I mean, it's really really subtle. Jokes aside, Stardew Valley is really good. Maybe I'm just biased because it's the first game of its type I played, so it stands out more, but I've since played others, and none really fully stand up to it. Some are better in specific areas, but as a complete package, Stardew Valley is imo still number 1.

Tho I also really like Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin, mostly because it does everything a little different. Instead of a bunch of different crops to grow, there is only one, but the cultivation goes into deeper (and apparently fairly accurate) detail. There's only a handful of characters instead of a whole town, but play bigger roles and their individual storylines are more developed. Combat isn"t fairly basic topdown action rpg fare, but a 2d sidescrolling system focused on combo's reminiscent of Odin Sphere, Muramasa and maybe even a little Viewtiful Joe. Recommended if you're into light farm sims, but want something that changes tack a bit.