Straight Guy in Wafflehouse beat down for homophobic slur

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah....this is uncommon to hear about. A straight guy in a Wafflehouse was in a conflict with a group of gay men for using the word "******". After a bit of yelling a he is pushed by a woman and reaches out to slap her. The group of men then proceeds to get beat him up:[link]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh3070esatamMh4A1b[/link]

With 'mob justice' and equal rights being kind of popular on the forums recently, I'd like to know your thoughts on the manner.

In my opinion this is weird to comment on. You almost never hear of a person being confronted much less beat up for homophobic remarks.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Clearly the woman struck the offender first. He's still a hateful, callous asshole, but he was backed into a corner and was hit by the woman. So no, he didn't deserve an ass-kicking. Violence doesn't change minds, in fact if anything he'll be even more hateful towards gay people. Violence begets more violence, after all.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
The woman slapped him, and when the guy tried to defend himself they jumped him. Gay or straight, these are horrible human beings. This will do nothing more but color people's perception negatively.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
He was an ass for calling out the racial slurs but damn he didn't deserve to be beaten that badly. And then there's the whole she hit first thing, he's an ass but didn't deserve that bad of a beatdown, maybe just thrown out.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
As a gay person... I firmly believe all persons involved in this are idiots -.-

Sigh...

Also, read the comments on source... Aaaaaand feel like I could headdesk so hard my skull would shatter into a million pieces.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Isn't this the same site that broke the Bus Driver uppercuts a Woman video? They've been finding some good stuff lately

Also, has anything good ever gone down in a Wafflehouse? I feel like if any story has, "And then we went to Wafflehouse, it's gonna end bad"

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
Holy shit, they slapped the shit out of him lol. Granted the guy was a bit of a tool but the 1000 slaps of death was a bit much.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
That's fucked up, but not at all surprising. Wonder if he's going to press charges.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I don't suppose there was any chance he was just trying to order his meal?

But yeah, that beatdown was a bit uncalled for. Especially, since he was hit first.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Lolllll . Thats funny . So is this gonna be a new trend ? Straight bashing?

You KNOW this guys is gonna go on a gay bashing spree once he recovers . That or get laughed outta town by gettig beat up by gay guys ( he seems like the kind if guy that would associate himself with homophobes ).

Anyways stranger things have happened .

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
Yeah....this is uncommon to hear about. A straight guy in a Wafflehouse was in a conflict with a group of gay men for using the word "******". After a bit of yelling a he reaches out to slap a woman and proceeds to get beaten up:[link]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh3070esatamMh4A1b[/link]

With 'mob justice' and equal rights being kind of popular on the forums recently, I'd like to know your thoughts on the manner.

In my opinion this is weird to comment on. You almost never hear of a person being confronted much less beat up for homophobic remarks.
You forgot to mention the part where he was pressed up against a wall with an arm across his throat and the part where he was hit first. The guy didn't just reach out to randomly slap the woman, and he was already being physically threatened so he was acting in self-defense.
And, to be fair, we don't know how the incident got started. For all we know the gay people started it by picking on or otherwise harassing the straight guy.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
She hit him first, he hit back, then the guys he insulted beat his ass. He didn't deserve it, but he had it coming let's put it that way. I also just want to say the guy might not be that hardcore a homophobe, people will say anything in a heated argument.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
The beating went a bit far, he had something coming after the comment. Gay people must get fed up of all the ignorance and intolerance so its no big surprise they kicked off. If they chased him away or threw a drink over him or something like that it would be understandable, giving the guy a beating like that is too much.

Even then he wasn't badly hurt by the looks of it, being punched up by a mob usually involves blood and teeth flying around but it seems he just suffered a bit of bruised pride.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Lionsfan said:
Isn't this the same site that broke the Bus Driver uppercuts a Woman video? They've been finding some good stuff lately

Also, has anything good ever gone down in a Wafflehouse? I feel like if any story has, "And then we went to Wafflehouse, it's gonna end bad"
Its not just lately, World Star Hip-hop constantly gets shit like that uploaded to it.

I don't know, he didn't actually get beat that bad, and he seemed to kind of have it coming, but at the same time, I still think they took it too far. I mean, I know gay people get a lot of shit, and I bet gay people in the black community gets even more, but no one should have been throwing punches at anyone in the first place.

GildaTheGriffin

Jul 4, 2012
I support the gay community, but when someone speaks such a slur that is common in today's society, don't react unless he is going to physically harm you. The word, '******' is like the racial slur 'N word' towards African Americans. The 'N word' is used commonly now, but still has meaning if used wrong.

Though I don't stand for such behavior in public. We need to stop acting like children because no one is going to stand by you for your opinion or public standing, just because you don't like someone. We know that its not what you like, but don't be so self centered that it's all about you.

I think a movement is in order, "The Social Option". I like that... though I'm just over dramatizing it.

RedFeather1975

Apr 26, 2008
I think that when people do things out of anger, the intent to cause the most harm needs the most attention. The guy making the slurs was probably angry and wanting to hurt someone, but not on the level he got hurt by those others. If the situation made them trapped and attacking was the only way out, then that's something else entirely.