Strange things you've done in games.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
What are the strange things you've done in games, for no real purpose in the game. Something strange you've done for the fun, for personal reasons, or whatever.

I'll start

I like to envelope myself in the world when playing an RPG. Skyrim, Fallout, or any other game that let's me make my character. So I do strange things to be apart of the world. For example, usally I'm a nice person in games, so I try to do little acts of kindness. Like Recently...

In Skyrim, I had gone into a large dungeon with Farkas, and as I explored, I suddenly couldn't find him. I looked all around, but couldn't find him. I left to continue the quest, but worried that he might be dead, and his death might be on my hands. But I left, got Lydia to follow me, and continued the game. Eventually I went back to the dungeon, to complete another quest. I found his body. So I dragged his body up the stairs, slowly of course, and made my way to a large open forge, with large flames appearing from it. I carefully laid his body out on the forge, as a bit of a makeshift funeral. It's actually a bit of a touching sight.

Well, that was creepy. How about you guys?

JAGMASK08

Aug 3, 2011
I played tag with the kids in whiterun for a while. Imagine a fully clad orc with a hammer running around after little girls. Skyrim lets you do some weird stuff.

Benni88

Oct 13, 2011
Back before Oblivion came out I was playing Morrowind and really wanted my own pad, so I killed someone in their home and proceeded to place all my gathered loot on various surfaces to make it look as if it was my shop. It took a long time.

Ah, for the days when games with player owned properties were a rarity.

darkman80723

Jul 1, 2009
I ran around saints row 2 completely naked kicking people in the groin for about 5hrs straight. Granted in my defense I was retarded stoned.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Probably the strangest or silliest is in Skyrim, if I'm travelling along the road and I kill something on the road, I drag it off to the side. If it's an animal, I merely drag it to the side so that it doesn't slow down caravans and travellers, but if it is a human/elf/beastfolk then I try and drag it out of sight of the road, so travellers don't have to walk past/see a dead body. I dunno why, just something I like doing I guess.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
zombiejoe said:
Well, that was creepy. How about you guys?
In Skyrim i kill all long eared scum i come upon, no matter where i meet them and leave some of their possession at the nearest altar of Talos as the offering to True God of the Mankind.

But it's not that strange.

In every sneaker game (if applicable) i try to k.o. everyone i can and then arrange their bodies in most inappropriate positions. It's fun ! :)

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Managed to get run over by a double-decker bus in "Destroy All Humans 2." Seemed hilarious at the time.

Personal favorite though is "Shadows of the Empire" for N64, during the swoop-race when the game gliched and I phased through the buildings.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Once upon a time, many years ago, I was playing Deus Ex.

I hopped off a platform in one of the subway levels and landed on a cat. The cat died. I felt guilty. I had not saved for quite some time. I ended up willingly losing well over an hour of gameplay on account of that cat.

Feb 3, 2009
When I was fighting giants with Farkas he died, so I did the same as OP and made a funeral of sorts. I even took off my wedding ring and put it on the body. Sad...sad times.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Skyrim has seen dark days, but now a new champion comes forth, Dovafist the Dragon Boxer!!!

the NAKED Dragon Boxer.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
In one of my playthroughs of Pokemon, catching Mewtwo annoyed me to the point that I built a special "punishment" box for it, so it could be surrounded by Magikarp for the rest of time.

Also, in Dwarf Fortress, I solved my hunger problem by getting all my dwarves to gather in the Great Hall, cult-style, while one "lucky" soul was chosen to pierce the ocean from below, while another opened up a rather long drop to the caverns below. No, I don't know how ocean > stone > caverns works. I studied Biology, not Physics or Geology.

Also, also, from another topic about Skyrim:
Antitonic said:
I find it extremely unlikely that people are getting crops to grow in such a cold environment. I have therefore taken it upon myself to collect every piece of foodstuffs I find. Yes, it's a terrible burden, and yes I know that technically things like fish and cheese aren't grown like plants, but I'm doing it for the people, dammit! Maybe then, without illogical food to distract them, those bards can practice some more.

They kind of need it.

EDIT: I may have to devise a food-based reward system. Perform well, get an apple. Perform VERY well, get a full meal. That sort of thing.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Skyrim:

Early on in the game, I ran across those wandering 4 or 5 Thalmor goons who began to berate me on my beliefs and all that hogwash. I picked a fight with all them and managed to win, barely.

I continued onward until I ran across an Orc surrounded by corpses of large saber cats. He told me that he was an old warrior, and past his prime. He didn't wish to live the rest of his life in decline, and wished to have a worthy opponent to die against.

So we battled, and the old orc was one tough bastard. But I finally managed to kill him with one last arrow shot through the chest.

Out of respect for the balls this Orc had to seek a glorious and painful death. I dragged his body and propped it up against a rock, arrow sticking out of his chest. Laid his bloody weapon and shield next to him. Then dragged the bodies of the saber cats and Thalmor goons and left them around him. So his Orc friends will know that he did not go down like a *****.

Red Dead Redemption

When it came time to travel far distances, I tended to avoid traveling during the day, depending on where I was I thought of how strenuous it must be to ride through the deserts in Mexico during high noon on horseback. So I would only travel far distances at night, or during rainfall. I also enjoyed the view of the stars at night.

Also, my idea of John wasn't that of a murderous cowboy. But a hunter. I spent many hours traveling the environment hunting anything I could. Once I got to Blackwater, I considered myself to be a highly skilled hunter and began killing bears and cougars and boars almost solely with my knife.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
whenever my opponents ragdollise, I put them in more believable or dramatic death poses.

that or look at where I hit them and speculate wether he'd live, bleed out or die instantly.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Benni88 said:
Back before Oblivion came out I was playing Morrowind and really wanted my own pad, so I killed someone in their home and proceeded to place all my gathered loot on various surfaces to make it look as if it was my shop. It took a long time.

Ah, for the days when games with player owned properties were a rarity.
I did something like this, only with those little daedric statues you'd sometimes find. I killed some rich prick in the town you meet the Blades contact in (Casius somethingorother?) and lined the big, horseshoe table with those little statues, all facing the center, some of them stacked on top of eachother like little, satanic totem poles. Eventually, even after clearing out all the pots and pans, I wasn't allowed to put things down in that house anymore. Quite a few statues, bet I could have summoned a Great Old One or something.
(spoilers to avoid page stretching)
I made a game of using a newspaper (Well, not "news" by the look of the pictures on the side) dispenser/box/thing, holding the attack button down to floor as many zombies as I could in one little place, then when there were about 40 overlapping corpses, I'd go to town hacking them up with a fireaxe. (Stomp attack+Unarmed book works just as well) The end result is always a massive bloodstain, looks like someone exploded.
Also, I once got an inventory's worth of zombies in legoman masks in that disco-flashy-lights room you fight the twins in, wore one myself, and walked among them with wine in my hand pretending it was a costume party. Everyone got drunk pretty fast by the look of things, and none of them could dance well.

I would turn on the low gravity cheat, pelt someone with satchel charges, grab and throw them, then detonate the charges one after the other, keeping them afloat with explosions. Does not work as well with cars. I also had fun making my character as fat as possible, playing insurance fraud until Adrenelin kicks in, and bouning off things like a human pinball. Also made more fun with low gravity.

As I suspect others did, I liked making falling conga lines with a portal on the floor and ceiling, throwing in cameras, turrets, and myself. Usually didn't last very long before a collision fucked the whole thing up, but amusing while it lasted.

At the part where Prima Doll asks to go to the lake, you can bring him to Rod's place where Johnny Wolf will follow Prima if you interact with him. Talk to Rod a few times and he'll follow Johnny Wolf. This makes a parade of Rue/Mint being followed by Prima, being followed by Johnny Wolf, being followed by Rod. We marched around the tent and the shoreline hoping someone else would happen along to join in. The line broke when I tried to recruit more followers in town only to discover Rod and Johhny Wolf don't apparently ever leave that area.

I stealth-killed a dragon. It was weird because I kept popping out to shoot an arrow at him and he'd just fly around like "Shitshit, whothefuckisshootingatme?!" until the last shot. Hardly the stuff of legends, it was.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Tohuvabohu said:
Red Dead Redemption

When it came time to travel far distances, I tended to avoid traveling during the day, depending on where I was I thought of how strenuous it must be to ride through the deserts in Mexico during high noon on horseback. So I would only travel far distances at night, or during rainfall. I also enjoyed the view of the stars at night.

Also, my idea of John wasn't that of a murderous cowboy. But a hunter. I spent many hours traveling the environment hunting anything I could. Once I got to Blackwater, I considered myself to be a highly skilled hunter and began killing bears and cougars and boars almost solely with my knife.
I just bought the game. I will do this. Actually, interesting thing happened. I did that strangers quest to get the deed to this place. I had $15. It cost $200. It said I can take it be force, so I shot him, took the deed and rode back. I felt really bad about it though. So, I get back, and it tells me I failed. WAT? YOU MADE ME LOSE 200 HONOR! So, I pushed him off the cliff. No honor loss there, because he fell. Then, I reloaded the save, and did the quest when I had the money.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
In Skyrim I jumped outside of the bounds of one of the cities and tried to see if I could walk to Cyrodil. I kept dying while falling off random invisible cliffs in the mountains. I then tried to find all the other random ways I could jump back onto the city. Once I found a couple, I tried to kill guards from beneath the town. Sadly I was unsuccessful with that last one. Didn't try magic if I remember correctly.

Trooper924

Oct 20, 2011
I can't think of anything I've done,but my brother went around in Fallout 3 collecting every teddy bear he could find and then dumped off in this one side room in his Megaton house. By the end of the game he had this massive pile of teddy bears stuffed in this one little room and I still have no idea why he did it.