Strangest Reasons You Stopped Playing a Game

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
The_Deleted said:
Don't forget GTA IV. I didn't want to kill the politician, and GTA just seemed like a vindictive throwback to last gen. It just came across as very spiteful and was a contributing factor in putting me off the game.
Really? I quit that because I wanted to kill all of my "friends" especially Roman, NO I DON'T WANT TO BABYSIT YOU!

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
I often stop playing Pokemon games, because by the time I beat the last gym, I have to grind around 10 levels to be a match for the Elite 4.

I also stopped playing Rogue Galaxy, because I wanted the best weapons and when I got them, the enemies in the last area still took forever to kill.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Liudeius said:
The_Deleted said:
Don't forget GTA IV. I didn't want to kill the politician, and GTA just seemed like a vindictive throwback to last gen. It just came across as very spiteful and was a contributing factor in putting me off the game.
Really? I quit that because I wanted to kill all of my "friends" especially Roman, NO I DON'T WANT TO BABYSIT YOU!
That was another factor.

The Plunk said:
I never finished Mass Effect 2 because Miranda wouldn't open her damn legs!
As good a reason as any.. :D

Juventus

Feb 28, 2011
i stopped playing silent hill on ps1 back when i was 14 because i was scared. on the very first level where you have only your lighter and run into those zombies. bricks were shat.

same for resident evil 3.

Hugh Wright

Apr 2, 2010
Last week found my old Morrowind GOTY box and loaded it up, then downloaded a dozen mods to tart it up. Then unistalled it cause the character ran so F**king slow.

Tactician42

Jul 27, 2009
I was in the middle of Bayonetta when some eight year old girl ran by my window on fire. So that stopped me playing it for about an hour while I dealt with that situation.....

Ash_VaultGirl

Aug 7, 2011
I stopped playing Oblivion because I felt like I got too far in the main quest when I wasn't really ready to. I was in the middle of a bunch of fun side quests at the time, and then, I didn't like how the world changed after the main quest progressed, it felt a lot less relaxed and enjoyable. (I tend to like games where things are all happy XD)

So I ended up reloading my save where everything was all nice and not much bad was going on so I could carry on with my errand-like sidequests, however after that point the game was never really the same for me and I lost interest pretty quickly after that. I think if I'd never started progressing the main quest at that point and waited till later, I woulda kept playing longer.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
the only game i have ever stopped playing was Zelda II and that was because i lost interest

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
Alfador_VII said:
Jfswift said:
Back when FFX came out I stopped playing because I couldn't beat the very first Blitzball game (still can't). I tried and tried.. suffering through that damned movie scene and playing, knowing full well I'll fail in my quest (although I did tie once).
Yes, that's the same reason for me. I've tried to g back to it, but STILL couldn't beat it.

In fact, I've not played ANY of the newer Final Fantasy games since stopping FFX, so yeah, I stopped playing the whole series because of Blitzball.

I do intend to replay FF VII, VIII and IX at some point though.
I don't understand, why did you want to beat the first game (the one in the tournaments)? If I remember correctly, you don't actually have to win that match to progress or do I have some uber easy different version of the game? I hated Blitzball with a passion, but I thought the rest of the game was good.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
While playing (and thoroughly enjoying) Terranigma, a couple of plot points and character dialogue set off some warning signs up in my mind. I looked up the game story/script and found out I was working toward some of my most hated plots/endings. Haven't touched it since.

It was close to, but not quite, "It was all a dream"(from a certain view, it's actually very close to that).

pat34us

Sep 18, 2010
Torrasque said:
I own some 7 or 8 games that I still haven't beaten because a better shinier game came out and made me forget about the first game.
I intend to go back and beat said games, but with summer almost over, it seems I don't have the time again =/
I am the same way, in fact out of the 15 or so PS3 games I own I maybe beat 5. It is an easy way for me to rate games though. If I actually beat it obviously it was good enough to keep my short attention span.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I think I remember one time I stopped playing Donkey Kong Country 2 once I learned about a Bee boss level.

I hate bees...

If you want something more rcent, I don't know if it counts, but I stopped playing Saint Row right after I got to the ending where the that big boat blew up and took my player character with it.

I then pawned my copy of Saint Row and have searched my local pawn shops for Saints Row 2.

that part with the boat exploded is the most bizarre ending I ever came across. does Saint Row 2 have a similar ending?

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
I stopped playing Amnesia because, well, it scared me. Yes, I know, it's supposed to do that. Even more weird is that actually made me think it's a good horror game, if it's so scary it can just make me stop playing.
I really want to play Amnesia, but I don't do horror well at all. I remember one time when I was playing Doom 3 it took me about twenty minutes to walk into a hallway I had been peeking into.

Maybe once I get a better computer I'll get it ...

Tactician42 said:
I was in the middle of Bayonetta when some eight year old girl ran by my window on fire. So that stopped me playing it for about an hour while I dealt with that situation.....