Streaming Series

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Maybe we can find that streaming series in social media should be included in Movies & TV?
There are a lot I love. Pitch Meetings. How It Should Have Ended. The Critical Drinker.
For my first, I'll refer one many may not have heard of. The Vile Eye. Each episode analyzes a pop culture villain. In this example, Ozymandias from "The Watchmen".

What series do you find interesting?

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Two come to mind for me. The first is Down the Rabbit Hole. Basically, that one is a documentary type series, where the creator, Fredrik Knudsen, analyzes a topic in great detail. And I do mean great detail. The video I'm posting to represent his channel is one of his shorter videos, looking at an incident where wine in Austria was tainted by antifreeze. Referred to as the Austrian Wine Poisoning, this video clocks in at a mere 34 minutes. By comparison, his video on Deep Blue, the chess program that battled Grandmaster Gary Kasparov, clocks in at over 2 hours. That said, his videos never feel padded, and he is very careful to stick to facts, without letting personal bias show through. As he himself has put it, he is biased, but fair in his presentation.

For a more digestible series, where episodes tend to clock in at around the 20 minute mark, I also enjoy a series called What Happened? Essentially, this series (hosted by Matt McMuscles) takes a look at disasters in the entertainment industry (mostly video games, but he has covered a few movies as well, and even the rise and fall of WCW) and basically takes a look at why the disaster turned out the way it did. He's a lot less straight-laced than Fredrik Knudsen of Down the Rabbit Hole, but he also sticks to the facts quite a bit, and it can be quite interesting to see, for example, what the hell happened behind the scenes of the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Escapist centric (and former Escapist) ones are really all I keep a constant eye on. ZP, Jimquisition, Checkpoint... really all I watch on a schedule. I'll watch the occasional WhatCulture and WatchMojo listicle, but only if I'm interested in the topic. I was huge on Extra History, until Dan left.

When we are talking about "web series," what I really enjoyed... doesn't seem to be as big a "thing" anymore. The upper tier "fan" projects. There Will Be Brawl, Fallout: Nuka Break, Space Janitors, that sort of thing. Hell, even Mortal Kombat: Legacy and Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist were projects I kept an eye on. Hoping someone would get behind them and maybe get them pushed to tv or a movie. Maybe I'm just not looking for it, but I don't see a lot of that kind of thing around these days. Twitch seems to have killed the Machinima style projects I used to enjoy. I think the last one I watched was a Fallout 4 based series called Raiders... that's been years ago.

Recently, I've been so starved for good web content I've been watching reaction videos. Sometimes its just funny seeing Millennials react to things everyone my age saw 20 or 30 years ago. But I'll keep an eye on this thread, because I need suggestions for better web content than reaction videos to watch.