Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection revealed.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Coming to all major platforms, PS4, XBONE, Switch, and Steam. All Classic Street Fighter games before Street Fighter 4 comes in this new collection (Yes including Street Fighter 1) and they are all Arcade Perfect:

I think what's most impressive about this one is that they even include all the older versions of established games:

All 6 versions of Street Fighter 2 from World Warrior to Super Turbo.

All 3 Versions of Alpha.

All 3 Versions of Street Fighter 3

So if you prefer one version over the other your covered.

Sep 24, 2008
I want to cry now.

I literally want to force myself to cry right now.

This is all I ever wanted. For steam. For Switch. I don't care, I'm literally buying 3 copies. One for steam, one for my switch's micro sd card, and one physical copy.

I might buy two just in case they decide to go back on this and I might lose one.

2017 has been the year of the fighting game, and Holy Shit, it's putting me back to 1998. I'm so happy.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Worth it for 3rd Strike alone.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Samtemdo8 said:
Coming to all major platforms, PS4, XBONE, Switch, and Steam. All Classic Street Fighter games before Street Fighter 4 comes in this new collection (Yes including Street Fighter 1) and they are all Arcade Perfect:

I think what's most impressive about this one is that they even include all the older versions of established games:

All 6 versions of Street Fighter 2 from World Warrior to Super Turbo.

All 3 Versions of Alpha.

All 3 Versions of Street Fighter 3

So if you prefer one version over the other your covered.
They don't say if it's got Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and it would be a glaring omission if it's not present.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Woooooo awesome. My favorite by far is still SF2 Turbo. Sure, Super had more characters but they removed the deep bass from the punches and kicks in Turbo which really made Turbo better.

The original SF2 in the arcades though that really was like nothing else. Probably my most favorite gaming related memory. I remember being soooooo excited when I got it on snes. This game was a really huge deal. Seeing that old arcade footage in the trailer really brings me back to 1992 *cries a nostalgic tear*

I still love '90's era 2D fighters. I wish SNK would make a similar package for Fatal Fury and King of Fighters. Though, the Neo Geo station versions are also excellent.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
I wonder if they left Street Fightier 2 HD turbo to trow Switch owners a Bone, since they have the only current gen HD port.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I hate it when I see something like this. Because I want it now, but May 2018... seems so far away. Unfortunately I doubt it will be a perfect arcade version of SFII and its variations for me, since every one I played was a "pirate" version where Vega was called Balrog, Balrog was Bison, and Bison was Vega.

PurplePonyArcade

Apr 9, 2015
This is amazing! I am very happy to see this collection of games officially released and even on PC. That's a good chunk of gaming history right there and more worth your time than Street Fighter V: More Lies Edition.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Its good but we need a price. If its full game price its a little expensive imo for such old titles many of us have bought multiple times over the years. 20 quid would be more like it and 10 quid would be good value as far as I am concerned.

SF2 continues to be the golden goose I wonder how much money they have made off that game lol. As good as some of these games are I am not sure I will get it (unless its 10 quid) simply because of how many times I have the games I want on it already.

Only some of them get Netplay think its SF2 Turbo, SF2 Super Turbo, 3S and an alpha game the rest are offline only but all the relevant ones are online so thats good just will have to see what the netcode is like.

Sep 24, 2008
Maximum Bert said:
Its good but we need a price. If its full game price its a little expensive imo for such old titles many of us have bought multiple times over the years. 20 quid would be more like it and 10 quid would be good value as far as I am concerned.

SF2 continues to be the golden goose I wonder how much money they have made off that game lol. As good as some of these games are I am not sure I will get it (unless its 10 quid) simply because of how many times I have the games I want on it already.

Only some of them get Netplay think its SF2 Turbo, SF2 Super Turbo, 3S and an alpha game the rest are offline only but all the relevant ones are online so thats good just will have to see what the netcode is like.
I'd be happy paying 60 dollars for this.

I know I sound like a fanboy, but I'm actually being logical. Garou: Mark of the Wolves is currently 10 dollars [http://store.steampowered.com/app/366240/GAROU_MARK_OF_THE_WOLVES/].King of Fighters 98 is 15 dollars [http://store.steampowered.com/app/222420/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_98_ULTIMATE_MATCH_FINAL_EDITION/]. The Last Blade is 10 dollars [http://store.steampowered.com/app/465840/THE_LAST_BLADE/]. Three games in, and we're at 35 dollars.

At 12 games, 60 dollars means we are paying 5 dollars per game. That's a deal in this climate. Would I rather it be 30, or even 15? Hell yes. But this is still a business and they still want to make money off of their ip. I get that.