Street Fighter 5 Preview - New Fighting System Breakdown

Mitchell Saltzman

Mar 10, 2012
Street Fighter 5 Preview - New Fighting System Breakdown

After seven years and a seemingly endless number of expansions, it's finally time for a brand new Street Fighter. Here's a hands-on look at what's new in the world of Capcom's most famous fighting franchise.

Read Full Article

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
"Street Fighter 5 launches exclusively on the Playstation 4 in March of 2016."
That's not true

it's also coming to Steam, it will even feature crossplay between the PC and PS4 versions

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310950/

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Gailim said:
"Street Fighter 5 launches exclusively on the Playstation 4 in March of 2016."
That's not true

it's also coming to Steam, it will even feature crossplay between the PC and PS4 versions

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310950/
I dont know if Sony showed it at E3, if so its usual for them to show stuff saying "Only on PS4" when infact it comes out on everything.

Even the GTA V trailer for next gen had it.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
As much as I like SF, since its not coming to Xbox One I've lost interest. I'll stick to Dead or Alive, thanks.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
The further away from SF4 it gets, the better. The closer to 3rd Strike, the better. It looks massively improved to its showcase in January. I'd love to see at least one more mechanic, something like Just Guarding.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Clive Howlitzer said:
The further away from SF4 it gets, the better. The closer to 3rd Strike, the better. It looks massively improved to its showcase in January. I'd love to see at least one more mechanic, something like Just Guarding.
Yes, so far it looks really good. It has Super Turbo damage scaling and Third Strike speed, which was IMO perfect. I wonder if the only one who can use parries is Ryu, because as I've seen in videos it does not consume V-gauge, and only moves that consume it are character-exclusive.

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
Mister K said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Yes, so far it looks really good. It has Super Turbo damage scaling and Third Strike speed, which was IMO perfect. I wonder if the only one who can use parries is Ryu, because as I've seen in videos it does not consume V-gauge, and only moves that consume it are character-exclusive.
That is not his V-Trigger, it's his V-Skill. V-Skills are unique moves that actually BUILD V-meter instead of deplete it.

Each character has thier own V-Skill. Ryu's is a parry, Chun li's is a better jump, Bison has a fireball reflect, Nash has a fireball absorb, Birdie eats a donut, and cammy has a move called axle spin knuckle that allows her to dodge fireballs at close range

http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/15/going-hands-on-with-street-fighter-v-cammy-and-birdie-conduct-their-very-own-british-invasion/

http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/11/going-hands-on-with-street-fighter-v-versatility-has-its-v-benefits/

Apr 5, 2008
The revenge/comeback/ultra bar in SF4 was is worst feature. It took away from an otherwise alright game and made me come to hate it. Rewarding losing with the ability to wipe out a superior player is an ill-conceived mechanic. I would've been okay with the game had it simply permitted deactivating this loathsome feature, but there was no way to do so. End result is that I will never willingly play it, or SF5 knowing it makes a return.

Just give me a Super SF2 Turbo hd remake and I'll be done. It's the greatest 2D fighter there has ever been and will be. Capcom can innovate all they like and the results will never be as good. With that, I'll never need to buy another fighting game.

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
KingsGambit said:
The revenge/comeback/ultra bar in SF4 was is worst feature. It took away from an otherwise alright game and made me come to hate it. Rewarding losing with the ability to wipe out a superior player is an ill-conceived mechanic. I would've been okay with the game had it simply permitted deactivating this loathsome feature, but there was no way to do so. End result is that I will never willingly play it, or SF5 knowing it makes a return.

Just give me a Super SF2 Turbo hd remake and I'll be done. It's the greatest 2D fighter there has ever been and will be. Capcom can innovate all they like and the results will never be as good. With that, I'll never need to buy another fighting game.
The revenge meter/ultra combos are not coming back

and Capcom already made a Super Turbo HD remake in 2006