Street Fighter II Turns 20 Today

googooplex

May 20, 2009
I loved this game i remember the first time i played i picked Blanka and then some dude joined in and kicked my ass. Good times.
On a side note now i feel old :(

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
My uncle had the original arcade box in his bar when I was a kid and I would go there when the guy who collected the money from the machine would show up just so he could give me tons of credits on the game. Oh, memories. I was always Guile.

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
Odd everybody acts likes this series started with #2.

Ok, most versions of the first one sucked, but we still are missing the point.
I have played and beaten the first street fighter game, and sir, It did begin with two.

MoD1212

Feb 2, 2010
Wow 20 years...
to think I've been playing this game since I was 2-3 years old, (im now 22) its almost a tearful thought. soooo many hours logged into this game

literally my lil bro and I burned out one of our old T.V.'s playing this game 5 years after it first came out.
To this day i thank Street fighter 2 for my love of video games and even run with
Ryu and Chun-Li in MVC3 just because.

Long live Street Fighter so that 20 years from now we'll all still be playing it in some way, shape or form

Zer0Saber said:
I have played and beaten the first street fighter game, and sir, It did begin with two.
btw i never played the first one(could never find it) but that is a great statement

HADOKEN!