Street Fighter X Tekken Patch Introduces Game Breaking Bug

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Street Fighter X Tekken Patch Introduces Game Breaking Bug

Players maining Rolento may want to avoid update 1.04.

Or download it immediately, if you enjoy hard resets. The 1.04 patch for Capcom's latest fighting game - the one with the cannibal problem [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117274-Street-Fighter-X-Tekkens-Poor-Sales-Due-to-Cannibalism] - does fix some of the game's weird hit box issues, but it also introduces something a lot worse. The game will crash, requiring a hard reset, whenever Rolento's knife attack makes contact with another projectile.

The video below shows the glitch in action:

It's a minor issue, and unfortunately nowhere near as chuckle-inducing as the aerodynamically-challenged dragons Bethesda accidentally introduced in one of its Skyrim patches, [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xCjK3BD6u4] but it's more bad publicity that the game can ill afford right now. Especially given that, despite selling over a million copies thus far, SFXT isn't meeting Capcom's sales expectations.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
MrBrightside919 said:
I didn't think they could fuck up SFxTK anymore then they already have...

I was wrong
Oh please, I've been alive 31 years and the one thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that anything can be fucked up even more than it was in the first place.

It's the hilarious fuck ups like these that are worth waiting for.

OT: So, should the game be renamed Rolento cross Tech Department?

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
MrBrightside919 said:

I was wrong
Oh please, I've been alive 31 years and the one thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that anything can be fucked up even more than it was in the first place.

Well, you generally expect patches to fix things...not screw them up even worse...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
MrBrightside919 said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
MrBrightside919 said:

I was wrong

Well, you generally expect patches to fix things...not screw them up even worse...
Speaking as an outsider looking in, this does sound pretty hilarious.

OT: Actually I've got nothing. I look forward to seeing what else may change for the worse once they fix this glitch.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I must say that's pretty damn funny, although I'm guessing that a bunch of people are gonna start playing as Rolento now just to troll people online.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
And Capcom wonders why I haven't per-ordered Dragon's Dogma?

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
At least Capcom didn't misspell something this time. Those were actually starting to get endearing.

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
Grey Carter said:
...despite selling over a million copies, SFXT isn't matching Capcom's sales expectations.

I wonder how many of those copies sold were just to Netflix? :-}

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
MrBrightside919 said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
MrBrightside919 said:

I was wrong

This may be true, but as OP noted, one Skyrim patch did indeed fix something for me. My need for seeing backwards flying dragons! And it was awesome.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
MrBrightside919 said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
MrBrightside919 said:

I was wrong

This may be true, but as OP noted, one Skyrim patch did indeed fix something for me. My need for seeing backwards flying dragons! And it was awesome.
That wasn't really a game breaking glitch tho...it was absolutely hilarious tho...

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
MrBrightside919 said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
MrBrightside919 said:

I was wrong

You'd be surprised. Anyone who has ever played an MMO knows that you can practically expect every new patch to break somethin new and excitin each time. Game systems are funny like that.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Good thing I was already sick of playing this game the day after I bought it.

....wait, that's not good at all.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
MrBrightside919 said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
MrBrightside919 said:

I was wrong

Well, the track record indicates that several patches will do something that theyre not intended to. Like those wyverns in Skyrim that flew backwards, for another recent example.

Anyway, Capcom will probably fix this in time for this years Evo tournament.