Strongest and weakest female characters of all time?

twistkick

May 14, 2009
I have an ulterior motive for posting this... it's for a paper I'm writing. I just need a few more good leads.

So, what do you think? Who are the awesomest female video game characters ever, and who are the most useless?

I speak in terms of story importance, depth of character, etc... NOT hotness, thank you very much.

Bewaaaaaaaaare my feminist wrath.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Samus Aran as strongest, that slutty chick from Call of Juarez for weakest.

Honestly, she got herself kidnapped around 50 times and tried to hook up with 3 different characters. I was so disappointed when she didn't die and got a happy ending.

CanOfBeans

Sep 24, 2009
samus from metroid is a strong female character, mainly because she can take out hordes of enemys alone

Heather from silent hill 3 is also a strong character, mainly because she didnt go crazy from the event that happened to her. heck i dont think i would survive the horrors of silent hill

useless hmmmm...

princess peach, really she gets kidnapped all the time

Jul 9, 2008
For strong, I'd go with Samus, Lileth (from Borderlands), or Alyx Vance.

For weak...well, mostly all of them.

RetroViruses

Aug 7, 2008
Strong- Elizabeth Greene - Just so overpowered, it's ridiculous.
Weak- Zelda - has she ever done anything, really, other than give you a couple of arrows?

The Great Zegrool

Jul 29, 2009
Ima let you finish, but I think Chell is the best female character of all time!
Of all time!

No, seriously, it has to be Chell from Portal. She had to deal with a murderous computer trying to poison her.

Trendkill6

Dec 14, 2008
Strongest: Morrigan from Dragon Age: Orgings. All she does is make fun of the Paladan-like character Alister, and she can turn into a bear!

can't think of a weakest one....

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Strongest female character? Sarah Kerrigan from StarCraft. She's the most powerful psychic in the human army, gets captured and infested by the Overmind, and then becomes the Queen of the Zerg after the Overmind is destroyed. Hands down, the Queen of Blades isn't just one of the most awesome female characters of all time, she's also one of the most awesome 'villains' of all time. She's great.

Weakest female character? ...I'm tempted to say Princess Peach. For sheer ubiquity alone, and for being the quintessential damsel in distress of all video games. She never does anything. She's just a plot device with legs. There's nothing...human there to redeem her. I mean, at least Zelda had the chuff to save herself once...

CloakedOne

Oct 1, 2009
I think Alex from Eternal Darkness is pretty strong. She combats the horrors of insanity but pushes through to discover the answers for her grandfather's mysterious death. What's more, she even ends up saving the world from the wrath of an evil deity. She is just a girl with a few guns, a sword, and some simple spells to try to keep that sanity meter up.

Jill Valentine is also a very strong and capable female character of gaming. She fights a hoard of zombies through a mansion hell only to do it again in RE3 and then works to take down Umbrella in Umbrella Chronicles and then again in RE5. Jeez, what a woman! She goes through hell so many times to make sure that the world stays safe from zombies and monsters.
She doesn't even have magic,she just has guns and her wits.

jodko

May 6, 2009
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Samus Aran as strongest, that slutty chick from Call of Juarez for weakest.

Honestly, she got herself kidnapped around 50 times and tried to hook up with 3 different characters. I was so disappointed when she didn't die and got a happy ending.
It?s not really a happy ending; Thomas beats her in the first one and then Juarez come and kills them both.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I'd say Colette (I think that was her name) from Tales of Symphonia is the definition of failure. All she can do is get kidnapped, get cursed, and generally make everything worse for everyone around her.

CloakedOne

Oct 1, 2009
Note: my earlier post is about what makes the female characters awesome not in power or even ability, but their strength of character. I hope that counts ^_^:;

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Best: Bridgette Tenanbaum.

Worst: Any female character in a fighting game (lookin' at you Soul Calibur!).

twistkick

May 14, 2009
CloakedOne said:
Note: my earlier post is about what makes the female characters awesome not in power or even ability, but their strength of character. I hope that counts ^_^:;
Of course! As long as they serve a purpose that's more than merely decorative.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Strong- Chell, Alyx, Samus, some more I can't remember
Weak-Everyone else
That very much sums it up, also, any character I make in an RPG will have massive breasts, yet 1hit kill people because I like having flawed logic