Student Exposes My Little Pony's Faulty Science

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Versuvius said:
Hate...ponies...so...much. That is all
I agree...so much. Seems like those things are popping up on all the threads. But. I mean...some of it is funny. I guess. Like the Mass Effect Pony thread.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
DasDestroyer said:
That isn't what I meant by "Ponies not having tainted rule 34", after all we all know that if it exists, rule 34 applies, I meant that ponies have not yet infiltrated rule 34...

"If it exists, there is ponies of it"
Or something of the sort.

I guess I should have made that clearer.
Are you fucking kidding me...

[obligated image dump]

xpod1 said:
'deleted'
Wait! What did I miss? A pony eating subway?

Eh, might as well cover the poor fellow.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
--MAGIC--
It doesn't have to obey the laws of physics or other scientific laws.

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
Behind the curve. This was on Equestria Daily a week ago. And so is an article talking about this article and noting that this video is going a bit viral.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
this whole MLP thing just dumbfounds me beyond belief, i cannot for the life of me understand why it is popular and the "brony" community is starting to grate on my nerves, i hope that this whole internet fad dies down by this fall, i dont wanna hear about this shit all of next semester

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Midnight Crossroads said:
Gigaguy64 said:
ಠ_ಠ
Im...just....wow...
What haven't those freaking ponies taintedtouched?
The President, although seeing as Obama has a daughter, it's only a matter of time before we're in the Whitehouse.
AH HA!
I KNEW IT!
We shall see about that my friend.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Zolem said:
Behind the curve. This was on Equestria Daily a week ago. And so is an article talking about this article and noting that this video is going a bit viral.
Strange that a site dedicated completely to FIM is faster than the Escapist when it comes to posting FIM related stuff.

velcrokidneyz said:
this whole MLP thing just dumbfounds me beyond belief, i cannot for the life of me understand why it is popular and the "brony" community is starting to grate on my nerves, i hope that this whole internet fad dies down by this fall, i dont wanna hear about this shit all of next semester
Season 2 starts in the fall; sorry.

airrazor7 said:
I guess this is kind of neat, considering the popularity of the show but I have to wonder what type of high school he is attending to be allowed to do a project like that in a science class. Not trying to imply something is wrong with the school or his chosen assignment (so MLP trolls stay back, hold back your rainbows of wrath) but I'm a bit shocked, more like culture shocked instead of being snobbishly appalled at, the fact that he and I guess other students were assigned simple stuff like that.

When I was in high school, I was doing calculus based physics which was a standard level class and not a college AP course. The setting of my high school was to prepare students for college so our classes mirrored or went a little bit beyond the type of material covered on an average college level. Also, my high school was not the equivalent of ivy league status.

I guess that was just the educational direction that the county I went to school in wished to take. Maybe the county or district this kid goes to school in is more relaxed.
My high school had an assignment just like this only with movies. I'm not sure what's wrong with assigning a project that's designed to make learning fun, even if it's not learning on a high enough level for you? I'm a sophomore but so far I've found college to be much easier than high school, so I'm not sure what you're on about.

TLDR: get off your high horse.

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
It's clearly to show off his unusual infatuation. Yes, this is an internet fad. [1]Yesterday, no one would dare or even dream of being publicly caught in the act of viewing such materials. But I'll give the guy one thing, he has balls. Takes a lot of nuts to explain the physical invalidation revolving around a children's cartoon and physics.

Actually, I revoke statement 1. The most terrifying thing was when wearing children's backpack accessories and clothing was considered a fad. Terrible times...

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
It's obvious that ponies are created by dark matter, it would explain everything. It might also explain why unique symbols appear on them after learning what they're really good at.

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
Bags159 said:
airrazor7 said:
I guess this is kind of neat, considering the popularity of the show but I have to wonder what type of high school he is attending to be allowed to do a project like that in a science class. Not trying to imply something is wrong with the school or his chosen assignment (so MLP trolls stay back, hold back your rainbows of wrath) but I'm a bit shocked, more like culture shocked instead of being snobbishly appalled at, the fact that he and I guess other students were assigned simple stuff like that.

When I was in high school, I was doing calculus based physics which was a standard level class and not a college AP course. The setting of my high school was to prepare students for college so our classes mirrored or went a little bit beyond the type of material covered on an average college level. Also, my high school was not the equivalent of ivy league status.

I guess that was just the educational direction that the county I went to school in wished to take. Maybe the county or district this kid goes to school in is more relaxed.
My high school had an assignment just like this only with movies. I'm not sure what's wrong with assigning a project that's designed to make learning fun, even if it's not learning on a high enough level for you? I'm a sophomore but so far I've found college to be much easier than high school, so I'm not sure what you're on about.

My school had a similar project for AP Physics. Find a tv show/movie and point out the physcics problems in them, and why they are problems. The 'how to fix it' thing was not included, though Dark Mater butterflies make me giggle.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Zolem said:
Bags159 said:
airrazor7 said:

My school had a similar project for AP Physics. Find a tv show/movie and point out the physcics problems in them, and why they are problems. The 'how to fix it' thing was not included, though Dark Mater butterflies make me giggle.
I think ours included the how to fix it bit. Which usually resulted in a catapult or gun 300x as big and powerful as the one used in the movie.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
Korak the Mad said:
Gigaguy64 said:
ಠ_ಠ
Im...just....wow...
What haven't those freaking ponies taintedtouched?
A glue factory
thank you for the lol

Um i believe yahtzee said it better in his review of spiderman dimensions. Ponies have the same thing in common with the bible in that they dont let science get in the way of their fun.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Good lord this pony thing is really out of hand. It was one thing when the internet was obsessed with arrested development but come on! this is a kiddy show! a kiddy kid show! There were shows much better than this in the past there are shows much better right now! Darn you 4chan. darn you and all your chaotic neutralness. Now I gotta watch more of these pony shows to really understand why it's spread like a .hacksign type infection.

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
Bags159 said:
Zolem said:
Bags159 said:
airrazor7 said:

I think ours included the how to fix it bit. Which usually resulted in a catapult or gun 300x as big and powerful as the one used in the movie.
Still not as awesome as Dark Mater Butterflies.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
???
why would he waist time on that??
it's a cartoon...
CAR-TOON!!
it's not SUPPOSSED to be real!
this kind of stupidity is contagious!!!