Student Exposes My Little Pony's Faulty Science

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
DasDestroyer said:
That isn't what I meant by "Ponies not having tainted rule 34", after all we all know that if it exists, rule 34 applies, I meant that ponies have not yet infiltrated rule 34...

"If it exists, there is ponies of it"
Or something of the sort.

I guess I should have made that clearer.
Wrong. We got there a while ago.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Kyoufuu said:
DasDestroyer said:
That isn't what I meant by "Ponies not having tainted rule 34", after all we all know that if it exists, rule 34 applies, I meant that ponies have not yet infiltrated rule 34...

Wrong. We got there a while ago. Rule 68.
http://rulesoftheinternet.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
68. Milhouse will never be a meme. Ever. No matter what your post ends with. No exceptions. Ever. No.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
His physics was off in a couple places. I'm not going to spoil the fun by getting into a serious discussion where and why, because this was really amusing, still.

(And unholy hell, some of these captchas are seriously hard on the eyes!)

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
DasDestroyer said:
Kyoufuu said:
DasDestroyer said:

http://rulesoftheinternet.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
68. Milhouse will never be a meme. Ever. No matter what your post ends with. No exceptions. Ever. No.
I don't see any mention of rule 68 in my post.

Kyoufuu said:
DasDestroyer said:

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
You're talking about a world where there are unicorns, dragons, mythical monsters, a pink pony that can appear anywhere at any given time, and outright MAGIC! Trying to apply science to one aspect of the show is not encouraged and just plain silly... To the point where one of the ponies, Twilight Sparkle, actually tries to USE science to explain what she can't understand, and it ends up being a pretty messed up scene... To me, anyway.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Um... is anyone else reminded of the Pokeball physics diagram?????

NO?

Well... I think that the scientific researching student had FARRRRRR TOO MUCH time on thier hands and should have thought of something more realistic... LIKE.... HOW DOES G1 MEGATRON TURN FROM *GIANT* ROBOT INTO A tiny PISTOL?????!!!!!

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Kyoufuu said:
My "Quoted" message says otherwise:
System Message
Sent:
25 May 2011 11:07 pm
One of your posts has been quoted by Kyoufuu!

Kyoufuu:

DasDestroyer:

View Post: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.286816.11323637

These notifications can be turned off in the forum options
Oh well, that's the magic of editing for you. So if not rule 68, what proof do you have of
Kyoufuu said:
?

Aragatory

May 18, 2011
jack583 said:
???
why would he waist time on that??
it's a cartoon...
CAR-TOON!!
it's not SUPPOSSED to be real!
this kind of stupidity is contagious!!!
It's obviously not serious. Of coarse a cartoon doesn't have to follow the laws of physics. For anyone to think he had a serious problem with this has obviously caught a case of the aforementioned stupid.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
velcrokidneyz said:
this whole MLP thing just dumbfounds me beyond belief, i cannot for the life of me understand why it is popular and the "brony" community is starting to grate on my nerves, i hope that this whole internet fad dies down by this fall, i dont wanna hear about this shit all of next semester
I hate to say it to you but since the 2nd season of MLP FIM comes out sometime this fall. So if anything it's only gona get worse for you.

And now having the time to watch this video I will admit, it was awesome. And he may have science but since as far back as animation has been going they've not been following the laws of physics and such. Real world physics are a choice to have, they arn't law there. But anyways I applaud him on making this, and damn were some parts funny.

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
DasDestroyer said:
Kyoufuu said:
My "Quoted" message says otherwise:
System Message
Sent:
25 May 2011 11:07 pm
One of your posts has been quoted by Kyoufuu!

Kyoufuu:

DasDestroyer:

View Post: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.286816.11323637

These notifications can be turned off in the forum options
Oh well, that's the magic of editing for you. So if not rule 68, what proof do you have of
Kyoufuu said:
?
What proof do you have of rule 34? There's no solid proof of either, but they're both right.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pfft. Applejack doesn't need none of your PHYSICS.

And with the existance of magic in any universe, science is always moot. :p
Proved in season 1 episode 15 feling pinkie keen... oh god what have I become.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Heh, I already caught this on the MLP group here on The Escapist. Still liked the presentation though. It was quite informative. One can say there is something to be said about different physics.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pfft. Applejack doesn't need none of your PHYSICS.

And with the existance of magic in any universe, science is always moot. :p
Not moot, just flexible. There would still be constant laws of the universe, magic can just... bend those laws. ;)

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
wow, I wish my students were HALF in to ANYTHING, to do this much of calculations, and work, just to "find false physics" in cartoon and proof it! I know not if it's the love of the toons, or the love of the physics, or both, but in my thoughts, if his information, and the calculations were even based on the correct formulas, and all his terminologies were used correctly, this student deserves an A mark, any less would be a crime, no a SIN!~ I really gets puffed up when I see students have this amount of passion towards their works...

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
The only equation relevant to My Little Pony is Friendship=Magic.

Now, if it always holds true that Magic=Friendship, it can be applied to all settings where magic is ascendant.

For example, Sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7 invited the Meteor to come on down to Earth so that it can grow closer to everyone on the surface, maybe even getting a hug after everything is said and done. Well, 8-Bit Theater's Black Mage does have an ultimate attack that runs on the power of love, so it might just be accurate in every conceivable circumstance, after all.

That said, I'd like to see someone put Transformers up to this kind of scientific scrutiny. Originally being a children's cartoon or not, it is science fiction!