Student Exposes My Little Pony's Faulty Science

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
Duffeknol said:
I am so incredibly sick of this stupid chan meme.
Only it's a TV show, not a chan meme.
Know what I'm sick of? People hating on this. I mean why? Seriously. It's a good show, people enjoy it, if you don't then just go somewhere else.

Granted there's a lot of threads about it and a lot of people have Pony avatars, but you could jsut, you know, not click on things that involve Ponies.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Socken said:
Duffeknol said:
Know what I'm sick of? People hating on this. I mean why? Seriously. It's a good show, people enjoy it, if you don't then just go somewhere else.

Granted there's a lot of threads about it and a lot of people have Pony avatars, but you could jsut, you know, not click on things that involve Ponies.
1) no one 'likes' my little pony, 4chan decided this show would become popular
2) avoiding my little pony at this point would require me not opening my browser any more

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Duffeknol said:
Socken said:
Duffeknol said:

2) avoiding my little pony at this point would require me not opening my browser any more
+1. I had a chance to get into it ages ago, chose not to, do not enjoy the show. Then 4chan has it and now all these people do it because it's the 'cool' thing to be doing.

Just like pokemon, just like everything else 4chan touches it apparently makes it 'cool'.

And then there's those that enjoyed it from the start until people swarmed over it who only like it because of this. Furries, the escapist/ZP (okay I was here from the start :p), MLP, the list goes on and on.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pfft. Applejack doesn't need none of your PHYSICS.
So true.

What a brilliant presentation! I really enjoyed the fact that he really made an effort to apply physics to those situations and while he pointed out that, yeah, a sonic rainboom is impossible he obviously really enjoyed finding out just how impossible it was.

Also, dark matter as plot solving cavity filler for the win!

(Although he didn't take into account that Pegasuses can walk on clouds implying that they are extremely light or possess some sort of magic. If it is the former that helps with the butterfly and see-saw problems but not the sonic rainboom).

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
DasDestroyer said:
Kyoufuu said:
DasDestroyer said:
That isn't what I meant by "Ponies not having tainted rule 34", after all we all know that if it exists, rule 34 applies, I meant that ponies have not yet infiltrated rule 34...

"If it exists, there is ponies of it"
Or something of the sort.

I guess I should have made that clearer.
Wrong. We got there a while ago. Rule 68.
http://rulesoftheinternet.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
68. Milhouse will never be a meme. Ever. No matter what your post ends with. No exceptions. Ever. No.
Forgive me, it's rule 85.

rapidoud said:
Duffeknol said:
Socken said:
Duffeknol said:

+1. I had a chance to get into it ages ago, chose not to, do not enjoy the show. Then 4chan has it and now all these people do it because it's the 'cool' thing to be doing.

Just like pokemon, just like everything else 4chan touches it apparently makes it 'cool'.

And then there's those that enjoyed it from the start until people swarmed over it who only like it because of this. Furries, the escapist/ZP (okay I was here from the start :p), MLP, the list goes on and on.
-1. I despise 4chan, I don't go there, because it's 4chan. And yet I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Why is it so hard to believe someone else might actually like something that you don't?

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
Duffeknol said:
Socken said:
Duffeknol said:

Yes they do, get over yourself.

Moffman

May 21, 2009
Wow the amount of people writing serious comments about how because the show is magic it doesn't need to uphold scientific laws is shocking (in case you come back with the "sarcasm" excuse, it doesn't really work in writing :p) ... pretty certain this is a joke.

Which I found hilarious, might actually watch the show at some point looks like a juvenile chuckle, my favourite kind of chuckle... While writing that I realised how pedophilic that sounded... lame.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
Aragatory said:
jack583 said:
???
why would he waist time on that??
it's a cartoon...
CAR-TOON!!
it's not SUPPOSSED to be real!
this kind of stupidity is contagious!!!
It's obviously not serious. Of coarse a cartoon doesn't have to follow the laws of physics. For anyone to think he had a serious problem with this has obviously caught a case of the aforementioned stupid.
it was an assignment though.
that's what bugs me the most.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Moffman said:
Wow the amount of people writing serious comments about how because the show is magic it doesn't need to uphold scientific laws is shocking (in case you come back with the "sarcasm" excuse, it doesn't really work in writing :p) ... pretty certain this is a joke.
I don't know. All those comments seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek to me.

EDIT: Ok, there might be a few exceptions...

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
DasDestroyer said:
Gigaguy64 said:
ಠ_ಠ
Im...just....wow...
What haven't those freaking ponies taintedtouched?
They haven't tainted rule 34 yet...
Aaaaactually.... *Quickly changes what I was going to say* No! No they haven't! *Shifty Eyes*

Confound these ponies. They drive me to break the laws of physics. With FRIENDSHIP!