Study: Don't Use Wi-Fi Near Your Junk

vkola

Jul 12, 2011
shocking revelation.. a normal sperm sample can survive for up to 7days. and the growth rate is around 1200 per second, not much given that the usual ejaculation consist of 100 million sperms. And it takes roughly 2months for them to reach "maturity".

As long as wifi does not alter something geneticly in the testicles I'll keep having my iphone in my pocket when I'm outide/working/whatever..

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Study finds laptop's kill sperm when used on the lap... I'm not impressed, especially since a hot bath will do the same thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if their 'samples' were places next the the computers exhaust vent or on top of the HDD placement and the heat ended up killing them.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
newwiseman said:
Study finds laptop's kill sperm when used on the lap... I'm not impressed, especially since a hot bath will do the same thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if their 'samples' were places next the the computers exhaust vent or on top of the HDD placement and the heat ended up killing them.
Well I took a quick look at the paper and both the control and the experiment samples were kept at the same temperature during the experiment. They were looking for a non-thermal effect.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Oh come on it's not like you put your sperm to good use :p
Maybe it's time to put that tinfoil hat a little lower...

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Eh, even in the highly unlikely event that this experiment actually holds any water, I'd hardly consider the possibilty that this might make me sterile to be a negative repurcussion, if anything I'd personally be grateful.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
This is not shocking really. It has been known that mostly any electronic device that admits radiation via different forms of waves like microwaves, inforared, even radio can have long term effects if you are constantly exposing yourself to them.

You just have to be moderate with how much time you spend on devices daily, how near your are to such devices, and etc. Best for phones to be as far away from your junk as possible, keep your phone a thumb lentgh from your ear or have a certain type of ear piece in-place for clearer hearing, sit X distance from computers and T.v. as much as possible, and don't use your lap for your laptops (yeah..).

Most people will not likely do so, but if you can, then more power to you. Even I don't follow such stemps most of the time, even though it is better for you... It's all about radiation increase. there is always radiation around us, but even slight increases and prolonged exposer can increase risk in many people, but it has to be exceptionally high amounts of prolonged use.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I love how everyone is saying that every man would be sterile if this is true. I mean since they didn't test the sperm while still inside the human body, there's no proof that the damage is long term, you may just have to..."get rid of"...the bad sperm and let new sperm form...though I realize how difficult this would be and you would never know if you had viable sperm or not.

But other than that I think this is kind of a fucked up study. I mean this could have just as easily been caused by the heat the laptop gives off. And if this were true we'd already be seeing the effects as most guys have something connected to wifi near there junk most of the time and yet healthy, happy babies are born everyday.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
wooty said:
They used to say the same about mobile phone signals and brain damage, heart problems, sperm count......GENERAL PUBLIC! BE SCARED!! DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOMES AND BUY BONDS!
It is overblowned and is unlikely to happen for the majority of people, but there is some truth to it. But it is as much as eating and drinking X will cause so, but will likely only happen to a few that are by then in their old age... It has to do with consistent prolonged use, this increases risk for mostly any type of thing, food, electronics, drugs, and etc. Only people that should worry are the people that do any type of the above every day for years and those with weaker immune systems or genetic defects.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Well duh.
Every kind of radiation has some impact.
Add the heat of that and you get beaked eggs.

It's not as dangerous as the media tries to picture it, but it still has some impact.
That is, you won't get sterile in just a moment, but to much will have some effect.

Captcha: perform mmenVdis ^.^

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
hmmm... I now feel the need to surround my bed with wireless devices. I always wanted a surgery-free vasectomy.

That said, I don't trust this to work, so I'm still using condoms.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
The real question is "Is there any long-term damage?".
Sperm are very replaceable.
If I wanted to repopulate the human race or something, I could probably just go a week without laptop usage right?

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
I'm sure we have known this for years...

Heat is bad for your balls. Fact.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Very imperfect and flawed test, completely useless. When the control group gets just about the same result as the shocking test group, and when they don't mention that they took account of the heat or the shielding that the body provides ro anything else that might influence it, then I seriously doubt the validity of this study.

If you are planning to inseminate your lady friend this simply confirms that you shouldn't cum into a box and leave it on the counter for a while before using it.

Not sure whether to blame incompetence or if there's some worse motive with this. The "vaccines causes autism" movement was started by a paper commissioned by scumbag lawiers who wanted to sue medical firms for financial settlements.