Study Finds Few Australians Are Aware of Parental Locks

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
This article confirms my suspision.

Obvious solution is educating parents with printed advice pointing out parental locks on the game box.Though a waste of time without the 'R' rating.

Good job Atkinson.Exposing Australian kids to extreme content while claiming to be the last line of defense against extreme content.

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
Anoctris said:
And in response to your comment about Aborigines, have you heard of the Native Americans?
The lack of education in the US surprises me.

Do the US schools not teach that by the time the UK shipped 160,000 criminals to Australia, the UK had already shipped 60,000 criminals to the US?

Not that these were serious criminals. Even minor crimes like stealing more than 5 shillings, killing and animal or cutting down a tree (and over 220 others) were punished with death.

So to get transported ment you were a petty criminal at worst.

Do they also not teach that at this time (1868) the US had ~4 million slaves?

Adorann

Dec 9, 2009
Virtually everything Atkinson says about video games is a lie, or bending the truth. His main goal appears to be trying to spread moral panic through the way he uses certain words, etc.

Though recently there's heaps of allegations explaining that Atkinson has been involved in corruption, which really doesn't suprise me.

It makes me wonder if he's using the moral panic against video games to distract attention away from other things he's been doing behind the scenes.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Study Finds Few Australians Are Aware of Parental Locks

A Michael Atkinson's [http://www.igea.net/2009/12/parents-all-thumbs-when-it-comes-to-gaming-controls/] claim that an R18+ rating would be bad for the country.
I would say that the results of this survey would be about the same no matter what country it took place in.