Stuff you hope to see and be able to do in Fallout 4

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
So with the massive bomb Beth laid out a few days ago I figured id see what kind of features everyone hoping for or something they would like to see.

With being able to build are own suit of power armour and customize it I hope we can give it a voice or AI or such akin to that medical power armour in 3 and stealth suit in NV OWB.

Dunno why but that made me love wearing em just having a companion who was my own.

I also hope we can pick from tons of decals and build a vertibird to deploy it to us that would be kinda cool and give a reason for settlements to be manned and such.

Also has anyone else noticed that when in combat the guns had no condition is that mean we no longer repair or maintain are standered gear I wonder.

Javetts Eall Raksha

May 28, 2014
fix it.

I for one will be throwing money at modders to fix the dialogue option limit, and adding back in the skills. maybe we might get condition back.

really i'll play the main story and not much else, until i can role play again.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Since it's based on the same engine as Skyrim's, dual-wielding.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'm hoping for Fallout: New Vegas level of companions. Fawkes was the only decent companion in 3 and that was pretty much because he was a smart Super Mutant. New Vegas had fantastic companions and I hope Bethesda learns from them.

A diverse wasteland. Skyrim was pretty decent at being diverse, we had mountains, plains, tundras, and some forests. I hope they continue that trend and not everything is as bland as New Vegas or 3.

Fun factions. The Brotherhood of Steel is without a doubt in this. I would like some other new factions to appear.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I want the gunplay to feel good. Right now, in NV and F3, the guns are all [sub]plink, plink, plink[/sub], and give absolutely no feedback when you fire them. The only moderately satisfying gun is the Fat Man, which is so expensive, dangerous, heavy, and overkill to shoot that usually you never use it past the first time you grab it.

Thankfully the trailer made gunplay look a lot beefier and have more feedback. I know for certain I'll spend hours in the gun customization screens.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I want the gunplay to feel good. Right now, in NV and F3, the guns are all [sub]plink, plink, plink[/sub], and give absolutely no feedback when you fire them.
I have little hope here. It took mods to make the gunplay in FO3 and NV remotely enjoyable. Bethesda has always had a fetish for using big bags of hit points to simulate difficulty, so you either play a piss easy game or your guns hit like water pistols.

It'd definitely be nice to see STALKER style gunplay in a Fallout game (lethal for both parties) but I'm 100% certain it'll take a mod to do it.

I'd also like to see some variation in factions/tech. Everyone creamed themselves when the flying power armor made its appearance but I groaned internally. I'm so, so tired of the Brotherhood of fucking Steel and their fucking power armor. The games constantly push you towards using it, and as a result by late game all Fallout protagonists are functionally identical looking. It's boring.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
For them to have some kind of interesting working Food system.

I mean in 3/NV you had all these great descriptive names for foods - cripsy squirrel bits, brahmin wellington, grilled mantis ,but at the end of the day you just press a button and they're turned into (more or fewer) HP. I'd like to have some system which acknowledges that what you are eating is vile, passable or luxurious and has some kind of feedback effect on you and your companions.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I just thought of a new one with the bringing of making a settlement I would like to have choices and to make a raider or slaver camp and it could produce money but make you utterly hated by people.

Make it so good guys attack to free slaves or bring justice.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
As the OP said, customizing a Vertibird would be grand.
Yet I believe we can raise the bar, and say that it would be awesome if you obtain one of those airships ... AND then customize it.
Now that would be something I could enjoy.

Other than that.
- Dual-wielding as Aerostream said.
- Better sound.
- More factions.
- More radio stations.
- A somewhat Bigger but more immersive wasteland.
- Different environments as Elfgore said. (Though if we look at the trailer, it seems quite varied.)
- Good/better gunplay as others are saying.

Hmm, apart from that I just want more immersion.
Though annoyingly enough they already said that some things are gonna be un-killable. Which are probably the companions (maybe only the dog) and the kids. That and also I want the expansions to be more like Point Lookout. I would kill if they add more horror/thriller stuff in, like the Dunwich building.

Oh yes, of course.
Along with it, a good story and plot ... Which will hopefully have a nice climax with boss fight. (Fallout 3 was disappointing in that aspect.) We all just want it to be good overall. I have faith that Bethesda will do well ... At least for me. Funny thing is that I've never ran into any of their infamous bugs.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I hope the plot/story is about "Finding your family". We've already done that in 3. Though in the conference they did say you were the "sole survivor" in the vault. So, maybe we will even get the feels.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Quests that actually mean something. After The Witcher 3 I feel like so many open world games are now just meh on the quest front after TW3.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
That all this "customizing" doesn't come at the expense of gameplay or story. The original Fallout gave you a choice between male and female, and that was it. If the choices I make have meaning and impact (even within the game; I'm not asking for a deep philosophical inquiry here), that'll be great. If that capacity is stripped out to make a shinier rainbow-princess dress up game, I'm going to be... upset.

If I wanted vapid appearance customization that didn't actually do anything, Bethesda, I've still got my Battlespire CD.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
I want to hack an arm off and get a badass cybernetic replacement. And a cybernetic eye. And implants that are different to 'Magical thing we shove in your brain that makes you better at stuff'

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Aerosteam said:
Since it's based on the same engine as Skyrim's, dual-wielding.
As long as it's restricted to Pistols and Melee weapons, with people who have very high Strength and Endurance, I'll be ok with that.

For me I would like to see:

-Ghoulification if you spend too much time in a Rad Zone with protection, but it has to be a 1 in a Million chance.
-A lot of Unique and Odd Weapons and Clothing.
-Fleshed out Companions.
-Joining a Faction could provide benefits to your settlement.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
a) I want the shooting to be fun. I know it isn't a shooter exactly, but if your game is going to consist of 40% shooting things then you'd think you'd take the time to ensure that shooting things is somewhat satisfying.

b) I want an inventory, looting and trade system that doesn't result in me picking up damn near everything of use, having to sort through lists of crap and having an obscene amount of wealth less than halfway through the game. (Honestly, I wish for this in every RPG I see.)

Hoping, but not expecting.

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
- Deathclaw companion.
- Driveable cars.
- Deathclaw companion.
- Hardcore mode
- Deathclaw companion.
- There is no rule 6.
- Deathclaw companion.