Stumped For D&D Character Ideas? How About This F#%&ing Random Generator!

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Stumped For D&D Character Ideas? How About This F#%&ing Random Generator!

In the vein of all the other things that make your life choices for you, we present this character concept generator.

A few years ago, the internet was rocked to its very foundations[footnote]Okay, just my kitchen.[/footnote] by a wonderful website called Pathfinder [http://whatthefuckshouldimakefordinner.com/index.php] character as quickly as you declare that you're dissatisfied with the one it just gave you. Mixing equal parts acutal D&D classes and actual D&D races, with a dash of odd backgrounds and absurd character quirks, Who The Fuck Is My D&D Character gives you everything you need to frustrate and amuse your Dungeon Master and/or fellow players with, for example, an irritable halfling bard from the forest who was raised by wolves.

In our time with it, the generator has produced such wonders as...

-SOPHISTICATED DRAGONBORN ROGUE FROM THE GUARD'S ACADEMY WHO HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM

-CRABBY ELF FIGHTER FROM A ROYAL LINEAGE WHO HAS ALWAYS WANTED TO OPEN THEIR OWN TAVERN

-ANXIOUS HALFLING CLERIC FROM A STRICT MONASTERY WHO MAKES INAPPROPRIATE JOKES AT THE WORST TIMES

-CONDESCENDING HUMAN WIZARD FROM AN UNCHARTABLE ISLAND WHO CAN'T READ

-A PATHETIC ELF SORCERER FROM A BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE CHILDREN OF MIDDLE-CLASS WIZARDS WHO CAN'T READ

-TALENTED HALF-ORC PALADIN FROM THE CITY POST OFFICE WHO HATES THE MONARCHY

-ATTENTIVE DWARF FIGHTER FROM THE SMALLEST MOUNTAIN IN THE WORLD WHO HAS A BAD GAMBLING PROBLEM

Go ahead, take this piece of absurd creation out for a spin. [http://www.whothefuckismydndcharacter.com]

The site makes ingenious use of the aptly-named Ryan Grant [https://github.com/soulwire/WTFEngine]. Our hats off to Mr. Grant for the handy, amusing site.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
callous Half-orc Fighter from a maximum security prison who has anger problems

It only took me 3 tries to get one I'd actually use.

The other ones were pretty amusing though but obligatory "who can't talk to girls", what my character is a girl?

small

Aug 5, 2014
overemotional Dwarf Druid from a theatre company who is completely colour blind

forsooth tis a difficult life for a dwarf thesbian.

haha there are some ODD combinations
quick-tempered Half-orc Warlock from the city post office who doesn't believe in magic, ever

Jan 12, 2012
Angelous Wang said:
The other ones were pretty amusing though but obligatory "who can't talk to girls", what my character is a girl?
Then they cant talk to themselves. Bam, you've got a character unable to face themselves in the bathroom mirror, perfect if you decide to switch systems and play WoD.

BOISTEROUS HALF-ORC MONK FROM A FORGOTTEN ELVEN MONASTERY WHO WAS RAISED BY GHOSTS
This sounds like a better setup for Ghostbusters 3 than the all-woman idea. Its got comedy relief characters, potential surprise reveals (what happened to the elves?), and plenty of potential for shenanigans.

Nevrim

Apr 15, 2009
Inventive Half-orc Ranger from a carnival freak show who mistrusts anyone smaller than them

This could be fun to roleplay

or this one if you want to play a complete paranoid

bitchy Elf Bard from an illusory forest who believes trees can speak to them and them alone

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
YOU THINK YOUR CHARACTER IS COOL? MY CHARACTER IS A FUCKING
SNOBBY GNOME BARBARIAN FROM AN UNCHARTABLE ISLAND WHO CONSTANTLY WATCHES THEIR BACK
Nothing worse than a snobby Gnome Barbarian.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
"Dramatic Elf Wizard from a nocturnal town who doesn't believe in magic, ever"

Sure, I'm up for a challenge.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
First visit to the site popped up with:

Dependable Human Wizard from a Carnival Freak Show who Hates Wearing Their Glasses.

Not bad, I gotta say. I also love the flagrant use of the F-Bomb on the site. Want a new randomly generated character? Just click "I Already Fucking Roleplayed That One!" or "That Sounds Fucking Terrible!"

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
lazy Halfling Cleric from a forgotten elven monastery who is downright racist towards living skeletons.

What the heck?

stoic Elf Fighter from a travelling band who is afraid of fire.

Well, he better stay away from the dimensions that are based on fire.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
OVEREMOTIONAL HALF-ORC PALADIN FROM A CAVERN WITHOUT ECHOES WHO SUFFERS FROM CLAUSTROPHOBIA

Claustrophobic cave-dweller? That sounds...unfortunate. Must have been a big cave.

GROUCHY HALF-ELF MONK FROM A HAUNTED CASTLE WHO BELIEVES TREES CAN SPEAK TO THEM AND THEM ALONE

This guy sounds entertaining. I'd multiclass druid of course so that he eventually actually *could* talk to trees.

Both are less strange than some things I've played. I once had a relatively normal seeming halfling rogue, with nice high dex and int who dumped wis and charisma. Sneaky bastard. Our cleric got a wish, and our DM was malevolent regarding wishes. The cleric gave me an attitude adjustment and a new calling. Hence I became the least competent halfling paladin ever. On the upside I'd gotten two levels of rogue first, so I had evasion. I was wholly incompetent at actually *accomplishing* anything, but I was also nearly invulnerable.

I also once played what was nicknamed the pyrognome. Gnome Sorcerer from the borderlands of Thay, initial manifestation of his powers was unusually destructive and unusually early. Ended up being taken in by a passing cleric of Kossuth the Fire Lord and raised in the temple because the priest believed me to be an omen. Alignment was Chaotic Neutral, perfectly reasonable for a servant of Kossuth, but diametrically opposed to his temples. Incredibly zealous, but strongly against most of the tenets of the church. As he thought of it, the temple was corrupt and did not understand the truth, the glory of the pyre, the beauty of embers. When the game ended, I was in the process of trying to raise a cult to understand the true way to worship his divine flame. "Look into the flame, it is not rigid. It dances and spreads and consumes as it will. You must be as the flame, and not as the lantern that confines it." I had actually written some sermons for that character.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
Groxnax said:
lazy Halfling Cleric from a forgotten elven monastery who is downright racist towards living skeletons.

What the heck?
I know. What does he have against skeletons?

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
CHECK THIS SHIT OUT, I'M GOING TO BE A FUCKING
OUTSPOKEN HALF-ORC ROGUE FROM THE CITY POST OFFICE WHO IS DOWNRIGHT RACIST TOWARDS LIVING SKELETONS
The most justifiable of all racism!
I approve of how unashamed this site is.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Me to my players: Okay, kids. This is what we're doing. Basic "save the world" campaign, but you have to play whatever this generator spits out for you. You get three spins. Oh, and this:

YOU THINK YOUR CHARACTER IS COOL? MY CHARACTER IS A FUCKING
NOSY HUMAN WIZARD FROM A MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISON WHO HAS SERIOUS DADDY ISSUES
...is your DPS.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Reading through the posts, it seems they need to add some more flavor text. Lots of repeats.

I'M GOING TO ROLL THE STATS FOR A FUCKING

GUARDED DRAGONBORN ROGUE FROM A MID-LEVEL CULT WHO IS AFRAID OF SHARP EDGES

Mace wielding rogue it is!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
DELIGHTFUL HUMAN WIZARD FROM A SUPER RELIGIOUS UPBRINGING WHO HAS NO OTHER FAMILY BUT THE TEAM
Sounds like something that may annoy the hell out of party members... Check.

AGREEABLE HALF-ORC SORCERER FROM THE FOREST OF SADNESS WHO WAS BROUGHT UP TO BE A LIBRARIAN
I foresee a well of untapped repressed sadness and depression that will come about the first time someone desecrates a book or scroll.

HOT-HEADED HALFLING MONK FROM A FLOATING CITY WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC, EVER
"Floating city? Are you fucking high on mushroom dust again?"

MISERABLE TIEFLING ROGUE FROM A TINY VILLAGE WHO MAKES INAPPROPRIATE JOKES AT THE WORST TIMES
Is it any wonder they're miserable? It definitely would boggle the mind how they've survived this long.

THOUGHTFUL HALFLING BARD FROM A VILLAGE WITHOUT A TAVERN WHO HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM
It got so bad they closed down the tavern to get him to leave.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Some are hilariously contradicting:

ENTHUSIASTIC HALF-ELF BARD FROM THE SLAVE FIGHTING PITS WHO CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF BLOOD
PLAIN-SPEAKING ELF MONK FROM A SUPER RELIGIOUS UPBRINGING WHO WAS RAISED BY WOLVES
I'm actually a bit stuck for a character I have to make for a new campaign, and I think I'm just gonna spam this and pick something funny.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
GLOOMY GNOME SORCERER FROM THE PIRATE INFESTED ISLES OF WOE WHO WAS RAISED BY WOLVES
Hmm, a magic feral gnome who's from an island that's clearly infested with both pirates and wolves. Maybe even pirate wolves?

Yeah, both sites mentioned in the article are going straight on the bookmarks tab.