Stupid reasons to hate video games

southparkdudez

Feb 7, 2010
I can't play any sport games because if I wanted to play a sport I'd get off my gludious maximus and play the sport.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I can't play Borderlands 1 because of the desert. I hate dry, arid environments so much that I just couldn't do it.

CAPTCHA: Play it again, Sam

No, I will not! And my name isn't Sam, either!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I hate when people refuse to play a game based on the artistic design. More specifically, there are people who will refuse to play older games because they were born in the 200X or 199X. There are other people who play modern games based on how good they look as well but that's a whole different kettle of fish (is that how one is supposed to turn that phrase...?) Anyway, personal opinion time:

Resident Evil 1 -> 3,
Legend of Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time and, Majora's Mask
Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo Tooie
Teleroboxer

All of those games look like soggy ass compared to games released in the past couple of years but they are a TON of fun and easy to get back into if you were to pick them up right now.

Final Fantasy XIII
Heavy Rain

Beautiful games but completely flops in terms of gameplay. I was going to add Crysis 2 and 3 but those aren't complete failures, they're just kind of bland. Once again, all my opinion please don't murder me for calling Ocarina of Time on the N64 ugly.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Dear mafia II. Fuck you for making me clean toilets. Fuck you for making me drive drunk friends to their houses like a soccer mom. Fuck you for making me sell cigarettes by literally picking the correct color for the customer and then hand it to my fat friend. Fuck you for your stupid bullshit cliffhanger ending, and your traffic laws.

Do you know what I could have been playing instead of you? Batman Arkham City. I could have been batman, I could have been the hulk in hulk ultimate destruction, or Rhys Davies in Star Wars Starfighter. I could have been rescuing my monkey friends as donkey kong, or rolling a katamari. I could be playing transformers on the PS2, wrecking Megatron's shit as optimus prime. I could be operating my own theme park in thrillville or RCT3. I could be a man who lives in san andreas and can summon airplanes with voodoo dances. I could be running from the cops in NFS, or shooting foreigners in COD, or shooting aliens in halo. I could have been owning my own street gang as the boss of the third street saints in all 3 saints row games. I could have been playing fallout 3 or skyrim.

And you, mafia II, have the balls, to make me clean toilets, lift crates, constantly wait in traffic, endure repeated plot lines like "The drug deal goes bad" and "You lost all money and possessions", plod slowly through prison, chaperone drunk guys around, and so much more.

I would have stopped, but it seems that there are a ton of motherfuckers on GTAForums who want GTA V to take ideas like fuel and traffic laws and prison from you, so I had to play you to find out what was so damn special.

Oh boy, did I find something special. Something that literally tells me I smell like shit after making me go through a mission that gives you no choice but to sneak through the sewer. No choice. I now know what angry joe and spoony and yahtzee and all the rest feel like when they play a bad game that pisses them off. I now know what it's like to hate something with a passion. So thanks, mafia II. Thanks for giving me something to hate.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Racecarlock said:
Dear mafia II. Fuck you for making me clean toilets. Fuck you for making me drive drunk friends to their houses like a soccer mom. Fuck you for making me sell cigarettes by literally picking the correct color for the customer and then hand it to my fat friend. Fuck you for your stupid bullshit cliffhanger ending, and your traffic laws.

Do you know what I could have been playing instead of you? Batman Arkham City. I could have been batman, I could have been the hulk in hulk ultimate destruction, or Rhys Davies in Star Wars Starfighter. I could have been rescuing my monkey friends as donkey kong, or rolling a katamari. I could be playing transformers on the PS2, wrecking Megatron's shit as optimus prime. I could be operating my own theme park in thrillville or RCT3. I could be a man who lives in san andreas and can summon airplanes with voodoo dances. I could be running from the cops in NFS, or shooting foreigners in COD, or shooting aliens in halo. I could have been owning my own street gang as the boss of the third street saints in all 3 saints row games. I could have been playing fallout 3 or skyrim.

And you, mafia II, have the balls, to make me clean toilets, lift crates, constantly wait in traffic, endure repeated plot lines like "The drug deal goes bad" and "You lost all money and possessions", plod slowly through prison, chaperone drunk guys around, and so much more.

I would have stopped, but it seems that there are a ton of motherfuckers on GTAForums who want GTA V to take ideas like fuel and traffic laws and prison from you, so I had to play you to find out what was so damn special.

Oh boy, did I find something special. Something that literally tells me I smell like shit after making me go through a mission that gives you no choice but to sneak through the sewer. No choice. I now know what angry joe and spoony and yahtzee and all the rest feel like when they play a bad game that pisses them off. I now know what it's like to hate something with a passion. So thanks, mafia II. Thanks for giving me something to hate.
*Thunderous Applause*

I had always been intrigued by Mafia 2, thank you for correcting that intrigue,

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Personally I have a hard time enjoying games that people won't shut up about. For example, while I came to enjoy Bastion quite a bit, I spent my entire first playthough trying very hard to find reasons to hate it just because I was sick of hearing about how ZOMGAMAZING it was, I can't bring myself to play Psyconauts or Bioshock Infinite for the same reason.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Denamic said:
Sack of Cheese said:
I have this friend who hated Skyrim because they can't find their way around the mountain.
Around?
What is this... 'around' you speak of? A mountain is just a horizontally challenged path.
They tried to walk from Whiterun to Ivarstead, unsuccessfully so. After around 30-40 minutes, they just ragequit.

Rocket Taco

Oct 9, 2009
Nick of Blades said:
I stopped playing Dragon Age: Origins because of The Fade. I was loving that game right up until then, just couldn't do it afterwards.
This is not a stupid reason. I hear this from people constantly. There are entire mods whose sole purpose is to bypass the Fade.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I stopped playing Portal 2 because there was a puzzle I couldn't figure out, but to be fair I was bored of that game long before that anyway so it didn't take much to put me off of it.

For some reason, even though I was really enjoying it, I stopped playing Ni No Kuni because there is a bit where the ghost boy makes you translate the dead language so that he would give you stuff. I tried for an hour to decypher that shit and still couldn't do it. So I turned the game off and played something else. I really should turn that game back on and ignore ghost boy and his stupid games.

KhaoticOne

Apr 29, 2010
This has been touched upon by a few others.

Fanbases.

If the fans (vocal majority) are the driving face or voice of the series, I tend to steer clear of it. Its not the right thing to do, but it helps me decide when im nearing the fence-line for playing a title.

Theo Rob

Jun 30, 2010
DrunkOnEstus said:
Um...I quit playing Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing because it was just too realistic, I'm not a simulation kind of guy.
[http://media.photobucket.com/user/jstreis3/media/my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg.html]

OT:I stopped playing need for speed pro-street because didn't have glitches in it like most wanted and carbon did

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
Lack of integrated tutorials. No, I don't mean the hand-holding variety, but things like not having any tutorial whatsoever and instead putting narrated gameplay-videos and several pages long descriptions into the game.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
Sack of Cheese said:
Denamic said:
Sack of Cheese said:
I have this friend who hated Skyrim because they can't find their way around the mountain.
Around?
What is this... 'around' you speak of? A mountain is just a horizontally challenged path.
They tried to walk from Whiterun to Ivarstead, unsuccessfully so. After around 30-40 minutes, they just ragequit.
Get them http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4929, and presto, problem solved. :p
Really, that is practically the solution to almost every problem I've heard people had with Skyrim. "You don't like this or that aspect? Here's a mod that fixes it for you!" :)

Killer_tom

Oct 5, 2012
I am close to hating Dust 514, even thought I find it fun to play, I have just been having a bad strike of games where I am on a team that get mostly zero kills (except for me and other people that are on the team) and when the enemy team puts us in the corner by camping the spawn (but I have done that myself in a few games) it drives me to the limit, especially when tanks are there as well.