Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
I got detention when someone else sprayed Listerine Mouthwash into my eye. Apparently I was too 'disruptive' when I screamed in pain. The asshole who sprayed me got off scott foree.

KageFenikkusu

Apr 19, 2011
when i was 10 i would read books all time and during one of my classes i was reading and the teacher i had told me off for reading even though i had done all the work then gave me a detention and called my mother to school and was abusing her about how i was reading during class bloody ***** hated me i swear thank god she got fired after i left primary school

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i was playing handball and the ball bounced into the detention room so i got a detention. heaps fair.

but this school would put you on detention for not wearing your hat outside etc

the other stupid reasons are when you get picked on or attacked and you defend yourself and you both get detention or suspended. i cant think of any fight i started at school but i got punushed for all of them. like in primary school this guy keeps kicking me in the bum so i walk away this goes on for a few minutes and there is now 10-20 people surrounding us. so i just grabbed im by the shoulder and literally rearranged his nose with my fist. maybe thats not the best example of being punished for defending yourself cause i might have gone a little overboard.

I.N.producer

May 26, 2011
I was being bullied in my 7th grade gym class, and after one of my classmates tried to trip me. I mumbled jerk under my breath. The bully then told the teacher I was making racist remarks about him.
I just barely managed to convince the teacher he was lying, and he still gave me a harder time than usual when we were running, even though I had severe asthma and he knew it.

Celestil

Jan 25, 2010
The question was What has 4 legs? I said a chair. She warned me not to be like that, which annoyed me because i wasnt trying to be like anything. So she asked me again, i said table. Just to piss her off. Which worked and got sent to the office. When i told the principle what happened he just laughed and let me hang for awhile.

KageFenikkusu

Apr 19, 2011
just remembered i got an external suspension in high school because i was hanging upside down in a tree ( a really tall one that no-one else could aparently climb but i could) and a teacher walked past and started screaming when she saw me to get down. so i started swinging my body back and forth then jumped off flipped backwards once and landed on my feet and the teacher was having a bloody fit saying that i could have died doing that(i'll admit maybe i could have but i didn't)and was then externally suspended for a week.
good thing i had an xbox 360 at the time.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
I got suspended in year 9 for throwing a cup of soup onto a kid because he kept blowing a trombone in my face.

Turns out he was a teacher's son.

johnstamos

May 17, 2011
too many things to count.
some of the biggest were felony charges for setting sprinklers off, and suspension for having a video camera in middle school. i learned pretty early on that you have no rights as a student.

Ulixes Dimon

Jul 25, 2010
LaughingMan2010 said:
Okay, so...

Aged 15: i was suspended from all school trips and a letter written to my parents for doing a strip tease down to a lady's thong that was given to me for the occation. I would have gotten away with it too if i hadn't been seen by a group of catholic school girls who made a complaint and 3 seperate security cameras!

Aged 16: i was almost disqualified from my GCSE's (British school leavers exams) for writing "fish" or fish themed answers to every question on a mock PE exam paper! (I really didn't want to be doing PE!)

Aged 16: Got suspended for having gel in my hair! Gel! I think it was that i had really spikey hair and they didn't like it much

Me and school didn't really get on all that well. This was just the stupid stuff i got in trouble for! Rest assured, i am now a well adusted member of society.
You sir win Internets in the order of fish. :p

I was put in the corner away from the other children for talking too much.... in kinder garden. My teacher told my parents she thought i was retarded. (I have a tendency to flip between depression and manic happiness though I have never been diagnosed as bipolar)

Edit: Just Remembered! Once in first or second in after school care I was sent outside for being inside too long, then a woman standing outside sent me back in because no one was supposed to be outside at the time... So i sat on the steps :/

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
i was being bullied in grade 7 and decided to defend myself so in a fight i punched this kid twice my size in the jaw he went screaming to the principal that i hurt him. and i lost my recess for 2 weeks and had to write 100 lines i will not hit other students.

KageFenikkusu

Apr 19, 2011
Singularly Datarific said:
Had to sit out for lunch because I hung from the playstructure. What the crap?
Also, in 7th grade, I was in History Class, working on a group project, and got punished for reading. Normally that'd make sense, I suppose, but I'd already completed a full third more work than I was obligated to do (Me doing a third of the project when there were 4 kids total in my group)
damn you and me got in trouble for the same thing?(although a few years difference)
damn they must hate reading to give us punishments

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
When I went to Catholic School I once clapped during the pledge of allegiance and got the entire school to do it also. It was awesome.

But I got two-count em- 2 circles.

It was kind of a big deal.

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
>Sitting in the library
>Reading LOTR 2
>Ape-sized librarian tells me to be quiet
>"I wasn't talking"(I actually wasn't)
>"Don't give me backtalk"
>"But I wasn't talking"
>"I saw you talking"
>"Obviously you saw wrong"
>Grabs me by arm and takes me to hall as I look at my mates and bystanders in a pure WTF expression
>They return look
>"You're getting detention"
>"Fuck off, I wasn't talking"
>Flips shit on me
>2 weeks detention
>feelsbadman.jpg

wait.. what site am I on?

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Year 4, and I was the shy kid with no friends who had just come to the school. My teacher, I think only a week or two into the year, screams at me right up in my face in the middle of class in front of everyone...because my hand-writing was in print form.

Needless to say that teacher was a total ***** (even my Mum's agreed with me on that front). The worst part is that I basically forced myself to do cursive (I'm incredibly crappy at hand-writing, I was only writing in print because it was readable and I mean, come on, it was year 4) so I could avoid the desperately unneeded embarassment of her yelling. Sh sees me writing like this, questions me why and I just mutter a quick "So you'd be impressed" to avoid an overreaction and yeah, she shouts that out to the entire class. You wouldn't believe how much she singled me out with this kind of stuff.

I only had one close friend in those three years...

Tdc2182 said:
When I went to Catholic School I once clapped during the pledge of allegiance and got the entire school to do it also. It was awesome.

But I got two-count em- 2 circles.

It was kind of a big deal.
Circles? They some kind of old-school physical punishment?

toothofymir

May 6, 2009
When I was six, I got bored in class and unbent a safety pin that Id found. Teacher said I was gonna stab somebody, and that me playing with it showed "lethal intent." Got a week's suspension and weekly visits to the school's counselor for the rest of the year as a reward for my curiosity.

Hurrah for the American Public School System

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
matrix guardian said:
staika said:
I got a detention one time for bringing in one of those trick pens that once you push the lever down it gives you a little shock. The principal told me that the pen had the capability to kill someone.
To be fair, your principal is correct. EVERY pen has the capability to kill someone.
Well said, sir.

I think it's funny how you can take a magic marker onto a plane but they'll take your kubotan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubotan) away. What, do they think a kubotan is made of dynamite or something? It's just a hot-dog-sized metal stick with which you train so you'll know how to inflict obscene levels of harm on someone with nothing more than a magic marker...the same magic marker they just let you carry onto the plane.

OT: I had a lollipop in my mouth on the playground in winter. All of a sudden a teacher was yelling at me louder than anyone ever had before to give her the lollipop. I was so stunned I didn't even hand it over. Turns out she was just concerned I would slip on the ice, land face down, and ram the thing down my throat. I was at greater risk with her yelling than I would have been if she had just left me alone. That day I learned you're never too young to feel like you're having a heart attack.

Edit: Oh, and there was that gifted teacher I had once. My school had an absolutely disastrous program for gifted kids, which I was in. The teacher was the kind of woman others say has never had an orgasm -- perpetually unhappy, devastatingly critical of everything and everyone. Driven into towering rages by the tiniest things, she seemed unable to remember we were just kids. We did a Shakespeare unit. One of the boys showed up one day without having learned his lines. We ALL got to deal with Teach's screaming, door-slamming fury for the rest of the class. I seriously thought she was going to hurt us. Best of all was when I described this to my parents only to have them brush it off and say it was good for me.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Not as bad as many of the others here but I got sent to detention for 2 weeks when I was in intermediate for having a hair tie around my wrist. I think he thought it was a bracelet or a gang symbol. It was just that I had had PE that day and your wrist is a convenient place to store hair ties and there isn?t a rule against it but he didn?t listen to me when I tried to explain that. *shrug* Maybe he had a bad day or something.

There was someone who was in my class who got sent to the principal?s office for sneezing into his hands. The teacher screamed at him and told him to get out of the class room. The guy was obviously very confused and didn?t want to cause any trouble so he got up and went to the door. The teacher then screamed at him some more (we are talking at the top of his lungs for 5 or so minutes) for touching his door with those ?disgusting hands?. Not sure how he was meant to get out, maybe he was suppose to climb out the window? And then just ranted on about him for the next half an hour after he had gone.

I didn't get in trouble much in school. I just got sent to counselling allot for no reason. Apparently not being a bubbly person and not grinning like a maniac all day means you are depressed and going to commit suicide and you're parent must suck because everything is your parents fault (my parents are great btw). Who knew? and if 10 year old has a small bruise on her leg one day the only explanation is her parents beat her and social services needs to be involved. Not that she likes to play like any normal child and is a bit clumsy.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Got a good one. Primary school, I had a toy a silly rubber hand that you can sling around. A friend wanted it, so since I was bored, I passed it along not sure what he wanted it for. He then goes and starts hitting a large Phillipino guy in the back of the head with it. Who explodes (whom also does Judo) grabs the little chap and throws him, bouncing his head off the concrete. He bleeds, screams, is taken to the med-bay. Thug storms off, I am left looking mouth-agape as people disperse. Pick up hand, walk off to class.

Few minutes later, get called up and asked to bring the rubber hand. They both get 2 days isolated study, I get a week. Yes it is acknowledged that I did not use the hand in a harmful way or sling my friend. I chilled out that weak in isolation. Ah peace and quiet, but still quite ridiculous.