Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

TehChef

Feb 19, 2010
In 7th or 8th grade, our math teacher (who was a History major in college) gave me and some of my friends a detention for talking in class. Were we talking? Yes. But, we were talking about math concepts later on in the book while said teacher was gossiping with the other ditzy girls. I'd be surprised if anyone learned anything from her.

I also got accused of plagirising someone else's work for a high school English paper. I basically said, "Are you kidding me?". Now I wasn't the best student in the world, but I'm pretty naturally book-smart and like to read, so I think the teacher realised it wasn't me. I don't know whatever came of that. I didn't get in trouble, that's all I know.

EDIT: Not me that got in trouble, but I was doing the same thing as my friends that did get in trouble. We wore ties to school. Now, my high school had a dress code, and ties were not a part of it. So, partly to protest the dress code, and partly to look stupid, a group of us guys wore ties to school. I happened to have a different class schedule than my friends; so while they had been stopped right in front of the principal's office, by the principal himself, I sneaked right behind the principal's back - laughing to myself the whole time.

Karthek

Feb 26, 2009
Someone threw a die at me, and I got detention for swearing at them...
However, karma was on my side as the teacher who busted me got into a car accident the day after the incedent >:)

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
I was really upset one day, so I went to the guidence councler'r office, crying. Although I don't remember mutch about what I said, I apparently said I wanted to just leave this school for good. Our moron assistant principal thought this was a threat that I was going to do something to get expelled, and he suspended me for 5 days. The principal let me back in after only 2 days, but it is still on my record

Pifflestick

Jun 10, 2008
Got in trouble for decking a guy after he had decked me in the back of the head and called me a ******. Also constantly got bitched at once semester in highschool cause I didn't get enough sleep so I yawned a lot and this teacher decided that my yawning was a personal insult to her.

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
when i was 17 and still in high school one of the guys in our software design class made a program that would send a message to a specified computer on the network.
He deiced to test it by sending a message calling another person in our class gay, i didn't know this at the time so the guy who wrote the program says "Hey, look at this program i made, push the button." so i did. the program worked and didn't work at the same time, it sent the message to every computer on the network 5 times every system click or something like that.
It crashed every computer in the school and about 2 minuets later the principle bursts in and immediately expelled everybody in the room and fired the teacher. we ratted the kid out pretty quickly, it was like 2 months from the end of school forever and I needed the HSC. We all got un-expelled but it was the closest I can recall me being in super deep trouble at school.

P.S. sorry about the text wall

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
Once when I was 14, I got in trouble for being gay.
And I don't mean being actively so (if you catch my drift), I mean I got in trouble because a teacher overheard a conversation a friend and I were having at lunch about my boyfriend at the time. I got five days after-school detention for "Disrespecting the values of the school."
Welcome to Catholic school.
The detention wasn't even the worst of it. I was terrified and depressed for days afterwards because I thought they were going to tell my parents, who are complete homophobes, as are almost all residents of the area where I grew up (welcome to growing up in the Irish countryside). I don't know why they didn't tell my parents, actually. It was probably because of this that I wasn't able to work up the courage to come out to my parents until I was 19.
Oh, and earlier that year I got one day's suspension for having a quite blasphemous conversation at lunch.
I was too disgusted by the punishment in both cases to even consider protesting beyond a one-off heated argument with the vice principal in both cases about how ridiculous it was to punish me for my sexuality and religious beliefs.
What do you expect? I was fourteen.

Chris Sandford

Nope, no title.
Apr 11, 2010
my teacher and i got in to a yelling match over weither or not a truck was a type of car.

i got suspended.

It is a type of car.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
ReverendJ said:
Because some kids in some other state went on a batshit crazy killing spree and I owned a black trenchcoat.
And yet... your avatar. :)

I tease. ;) I was in the same boat. I was a semi-gothic girl, and sported a long coat. All the kids that were trench coat wearing people within a week of Columbine happening were individually called into the counselors office and politely asked to stop wearing the coats. I told them no. :)

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
In Year 5, a guy threw a book about (and exclusively containing pictures of) spiders at me. When I threw it back, some of the pages fell out.

My teacher made me tape it back together. I'm arachnophobic, and cried the whole time.

The ***** can burn in Hell.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
staika said:
matrix guardian said:
staika said:
I got a detention one time for bringing in one of those trick pens that once you push the lever down it gives you a little shock. The principal told me that the pen had the capability to kill someone.
To be fair, your principal is correct. EVERY pen has the capability to kill someone.

He actually meant the little 1 volt shock that the pen gave off when you pressed it could kill someone. he harped on that the little shock could throw someones heart into a massive heart attack and then they would die. also the pen had no point to it, all it could do was shock a person.
I have seen shock pens that actually have tips to them but how you get it out is to twist it rather than press the button.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I got introuble for not walking fast enough after school (and no nobody was waiting on me)

Once I got in trouble for walking around people in the hall since it was crowded and I didnt want to walk into people teacher grabed me by the scruff and yelled at me to walk straight.

I also got in trouble for talking to my friend we wernt talking about anything offensive just cards I believe apperntly since he was 2 years younger I was to old to talk to him.

hell my second grade teacher isn't even alowed to teach anymore it took them 3 school and a couple desks and chairs thrown at students before they figured that one out

I could actually go on and on I hate teachers alot of them have a huge superiority complex and need to get in student faces about nothing...

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
One time in 4th grade, I think it was, a kid wasn't moving in the lunch line and so I went forward. He got pissed and punched me in the face. We both were sent to the office and we both got a detention. Even though I was punched for "cutting". Apparently the principle believes that you should punish all who were involved, that way no one was in the right or some bullshit like that. Needless to say my parents were not happy.

Also during my sophomore year my math teacher would send my to the office every time I "pretended" not to get my math. Now you have to realize that I am awful at math. Its hard for me to read a analog clock right away and I still don't know all my multiplication facts by heart like everyone else does. It makes me so mad when I have all A's and B's in all my other classes and she says I'm not trying. What sucks is that this year I failed Algebra 1 and have to retake that plus Algebra 2 in the same year.

illmuri

Jan 24, 2011
I received a suspension in high school (for "skipping class") because I went to the school library and read a book during lunch.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
I got strangled by a kid "for looking at him wrong" and I got in trouble for it. I got a month of no recess and he just wasn't allowed to go on the field trip the next day.
Another day I didn't want to get off the swing for a girl so she ran to the teacher and said I called her a ****** (which I didn't).
Got an in school suspension, a whole day of threats, yelling, and mental anguish because the principal THOUGHT I smashed a window. Even though none of the windows were broken. He didn't even look until after school. My dad showed up and called him a stupid ****** and transferred me the next week.
But that happens a lot when you're the only kid that wasn't black in an inner city school.
Edit: All took place in 4th grade

Zherynn

Nov 12, 2010
Half the kids in my 9th grade English class rarely did their homework. Up to the point of this story I had always done mine. However, I missed a single relatively small assignment, and (as usual) about half the class also missed it. So the teacher got fed up and gave everyone who missed the assignment detention that day. It was the only detention I ever saw her give, and the only one I ever got.

TheSuperiorXemnas

May 18, 2010
ReverendJ said:
Because some kids in some other state went on a batshit crazy killing spree and I owned a black trenchcoat.
Happened to me as well.

I wore my Organization XIII Coat to school one day (It was extremely cold and windy, and it was alot better than this sweater I owned) and got in trouble because it. Other students in my class, (The one considered the trouble-makers) said that I look like I was going to kill somebody and ,of course, this got to the Dean. Got out of trouble though and still wore my coat to school because I had a picture of Organization Xiii and Micky wearing the coat on my folder. They know I wasn't a killer waiting to happen, I was just an obbsessed fan of a game involving a Disney Icon.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I had this teacher who really had it out for me in Grade 6. She literally looked for any opportunity to give me detention or lines, I was kicked out of so many after school programs because of the number of detentions I was given. She once screamed at me for forgetting to write something into my Agenda which she had not instructed us to write in the blasted book to begin with (my mother happened to walk in on this to see what was taking me so long. Needless to say, seeing that evil woman get shouted at for a change was delicious).

Now that you have the backstory, here is my response to the OP.

I had forgotten my pencil case in the previous classroom (racing to stuff a bunch of supplies into your backpack so the bitchy teacher won't give you detention for being late can do that to you). So I had asked to go retrieve it. I was allowed to do so but that earned me an hour after school writing three pages of "I will not forget my supplies."

Not a big deal but as I said, the woman was a troll. I pity the child she became pregnant with and sincerely hope she gave up teaching as a profession.

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
In 2nd grade I got in trouble for not knowing how to spell my last name and the teacher made me stay after class and spell my name 2000 times. When I came home crying my mom asked me what was wrong... She put me in the car drove back to the school, asked to speak with the teacher and proceeded to yell at the teacher for 30 minutes because such a punishment was overboard. She nearly beat the shit out of the teacher.

If I remember correctly that teacher got fired a few years later for punishing another student way too much. Must have been pretty bad to get fired over.

In middle school I had an english teacher who got mad at me for Capitalizing a word that Shouldn't have been Capitalized. I proceeded to test out of the class and have a free period the rest of the year.

Again in middle school I got in trouble for returning my nachos because they had a hair in them. The teachers thought I put it there myself and wanted free food. Again my mother proceeded to yell at the staff for a long while because they didnt trust me.
Seriously... I literally didnt figure out I could lie to authority figures (and get away with it) till high school.

My senior year of high school I was on medical leave for 6 months and the school misfiled my paper work so the cops came to my door, arrested me (still fatally sick mind you) took me to jail for a night. The school contacted them and told them what happened but I STILL had to go to court for truancy.
I actually dropped out of high school after they arrested me (got diploma anyway, had enough points or something) and STILL had to goto the court date even though I wasnt in school anymore. It cost my family like 1700$ for that stupid fucking mistake plus another hospital visit because the jail was so fucking cold I got an infection.

Which is why to this day I fucking hate the American school system and wish I could avoid it at all costs.

Edit: I went to one of the top 10 high schools in the US. You'd think they would treat their students better.