Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

Hauntghost20

Dec 5, 2010
Its in the title it can be from kindy to high school.

Mine would have to be when i was 11 years old and this sub libary teacher read the class are real kidy book. But i did find it a bit sad and made me look on greed. But anyway after they read the book she asked us some questions the first one was have you ever gone through a time were you only things you absoultly needed and had nothing of a luxery. So i say when i had to live in a tent in the summer of queensland when we moved there from the frosty lower ends of new zealand when i was 6 and the teacher said how you have been through tough times (which i have)and then i was struck by people saying that when they werent allowed to watch TV for a week. After that she asked us what is the bare minimum of things you need and all these immature 11yr old kids were saying a TV,Bed,House, then i say a forest because you have oxygen food water and shade that is the bare minimum. And she say looks at me as if i had just given her the finger and shot her mother. She then got off her chair and went and talked to my teacher and said i needed to be sent to the office for being a "smart-ass".Now dont get me wrong i am a very smart ass but only to my freinds i get to the offivce sit in the chair and my teacher runs in about 10 mins later and says that she had reportred her to the school for acting so mean she then gave me a cookie.

sorry aboutt the wall o text
and the lack of grammer and spelling its 3 in the morning

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I got bored and ran into a locker screaming, just as the deputy head walked around the corner. She asked what was going on, so i screamed at her and ran off.

Come to think of it I never got caught...guess this doesn't really count

Feb 13, 2008
I got a detention for doing a Nazi Salute in the lunch queue.

Also 10,000 lines (No, that's not a mistake) for running about on a school trip. To a park. Aged 8.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I can remember being sent to the principal's office in 7th grade. When I got there the principal went ballistic on me and started yelling at me at the top of his lungs, and accusing me of raping someone. And then an aide came in and whispered into his ear, he paused for a moment, then he apologized to me, and then I went back to class. True story.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
To be fair, if I was a teacher and some 11 year old gave me that answer I'd think they were being a smart-ass as well. Being overly literal is a commonly accepted form of being a smart-ass, btw. Though I certainly wouldn't put the kid in detention for it.

Honestly, for me it seems any time I get in trouble with an authority figure its for a stupid reason, but I think the only legitimately stupid time I go in trouble was for parking in a handicapped spot...with a handicapped person in the car. I didn't have a tag for it, but the cop actually saw us both get out of the car, watched me unfold his wheelchair, and then had the gall to come up and give me a ticket. Did I break the law? Yes, by the absolute literal definition of the word, but I feel a certain ability to interpret things based on the situation is important for a police officer. My friend and I were quite pissed, you can imagine. Fought it in court, got the fine reduced (but not removed), and overall it was just an extremely frustrating experience.

Hauntghost20

Dec 5, 2010
LobsterFeng said:
I can remember being sent to the principal's office in 7th grade. When I got there the principal went ballistic on me and started yelling at me at the top of my lungs, and accusing me of raping someone. And then an aide came in and whispered into his ear, he paused for a moment, then he apologized to me, and then I went back to class. True story.
Did you yell at him to back i would say "i am in 7th grade i dont even have the "parts" to do any REAL harm then call him a maggot

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I don't really have a good story of me getting in trouble, but in 8th grade a bunch of friends of mine didn't do their math homework, and to get credit one of them typed it up on the computer and printed out like ten copies to give to people. Needless to say the teacher didn't fall for it and they all got in trouble.

vaderaider

Nov 2, 2009
Yawning,
My teacher presumed I had yawned because I thought her irrelevant ramblings about her life were boring. The actual reason was that it was the first lesson of the day on a monday. I can see why she thought I was being rude but a detention was a little excessive in my opinion.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
I'd have to say it was the time I got kicked off the computers back in grade 5 for printing 100 pages with a giant letter J on each (I was just learning about headers!)

or that time I microwaved a book (alright that's pretty fair, I would have felt bad if I started a fire).

I used to get into trouble all the time for stupid reasons before high-school, but then I started liking girls and my attention was devoted to more (constructive?) pursuits.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I got a detention one time for bringing in one of those trick pens that once you push the lever down it gives you a little shock. The principal told me that the pen had the capability to kill someone.

matrix guardian

Feb 6, 2010
One time on the playground as young kids, my brother got into trouble for "fighting" because a bully punched him and pushed him down. My brother didn't do anything (except, you know, fall over). It really pissed me off.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
I tossed a pebble into the air and caught it when it came down. I think this was...5th grade? Maybe 4th.

Hauntghost20

Dec 5, 2010
Limecake said:
I'd have to say it was the time I got kicked off the computers back in grade 5 for printing 100 pages with a giant letter J on each (I was just learning about headers!)

or that time I microwaved a book (alright that's pretty fair, I would have felt bad if I started a fire).

I used to get into trouble all the time for stupid reasons before high-school, but then I started liking girls and my attention was devoted to more (constructive?) pursuits.

Hell when i was 9 years old the only reason i was being a smart ass was for the girls. I liked girls MUCH faster than everyone else i was always the guy who was sticking up for the girls if you want the ultinate proof look at the post i made on the first kiss thread

matrix guardian

Feb 6, 2010
staika said:
I got a detention one time for bringing in one of those trick pens that once you push the lever down it gives you a little shock. The principal told me that the pen had the capability to kill someone.
To be fair, your principal is correct. EVERY pen has the capability to kill someone.

Dantness

Apr 11, 2011
I went to a private high school that had uniforms and all that fun private school stuff. The dress code was very strict. Shirts had to be tucked in no matter what and shoes couldn't be 'too bright'. Well anyway, a friend of mine got a mohawk for homecoming week, normal right? Well, apparently it was too flamboyant and the principal said if he didn't shave it by the next day he'd have detention. All of us students thought this was ridiculous, considering two kids had had mullets for a whole semester.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
In Grade 6 French class we were learning animals names. At the time I was living in central Canada - people have barely any knowledge of French - and I'm from Québec, so I got bored and told my friend that "seal" is "phoque" in French and sounds almost exactly like "fuck". "Seal you" became popular around the school, it was traced back to me, and, voilà, I got detention.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
I was almost sent to the office in high school for talking in class when it WAS A GROUP DISCUSSION.

The thing is, the day it happened we had a substitute for that day and we were put into groups to discuss a subject that we were assigned, and the group I was in was at the other end of the room from where the teacher was. Also, I should add, that the people in our group were talking in a quiet tone, while the other groups were practically yelling, especially the group nearest the teacher.
The strange thing is that the teacher came up to me a few time and told me to stop talking so loud, when the kids in my group could barely even hear me. After the third time she came up to me and said that I had to either leave the group or go to the principal's office,(I'm the type of kid who doesn't like to get in trouble and will usually obey the teachers rules) I actually sat there for a minute and thought about what I should do. I eventually went into the back of the room, and just sat there thinking "How the hell could she hear me, when the group I was in could barely hear me?" The kids in my group even stood up for me saying I did nothing wrong, and thought that the teacher was being ridiculous.

Hauntghost20

Dec 5, 2010
Korak the Mad said:
I was almost sent to the office in high school for talking in class when it WAS A GROUP DISCUSSION.

The thing is, the day it happened we had a substitute for that day and we were put into groups to discuss a subject that we were assigned, and the group I was in was at the other end of the room from where the teacher was. Also, I should add, that the people in our group were talking in a quiet tone, while the other groups were practically yelling, especially the group nearest the teacher.
The strange thing is that the teacher came up to me a few time and told me to stop talking so loud, when the kids in my group could barely even hear me. After the third time she came up to me and said that I had to either leave the group or go to the principal's office,(I'm the type of kid who doesn't like to get in trouble and will usually obey the teachers rules) I actually sat there for a minute and thought about what I should do. I eventually went into the back of the room, and just sat there thinking "How the hell could she hear me, when the group I was in could barely hear me?" The kids in my group even stood up for me saying I did nothing wrong, and thought that the teacher was being ridiculous.
yeah that happend to me too but it was becasue i was grouped with the rich girl the bully kid and the kid who accused me of stealing his gameboy so i basiclly was the only one doing the work till they said "HURRY UP WE ONLY HAVE 2 MORE MINUTES" i then said how you have been paying with the glue and the paper and the teach told me off for being "off-topic" funny thing is is the bully is in prision and i made out with the rich kid in high school

CatharticMonkey

Jun 29, 2011
My school (a British private school) has fairly strict rules regarding uniform, which is absolutely fine, but these rules include regulation on boys' hair, too. Mine isn't particularly long but it's slightly pushing it with regards to these regulations (think Help-era Lennon: http://www.streamingoldies.com/content-images/wimh/HelpLennon.jpg ). I actually got called up once because I stayed off school after a particularly bad haircut (the head decided it was a trigger for depression for me, a matter on which I'm undecided due to various irrelevant reasons) which might give you an indication of my experiences with this particular rule and how much of an issue it became between the more senior members of staff and me.

Anyway, I was once told by one high-up that I would effectively be suspended the following Monday if I didn't get a haircut over the week-end. And at that point my hair was really not particularly long at all (even by the standards of other boys at my school). I felt that was fairly ridiculous, especially given that I excel in other areas.