Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

Hauntghost20

Dec 5, 2010
CatharticMonkey said:
My school (a British private school) has fairly strict rules regarding uniform, which is absolutely fine, but these rules include regulation on boys' hair, too. Mine isn't particularly long but it's slightly pushing it with regards to these regulations (think Help-era Lennon: http://www.streamingoldies.com/content-images/wimh/HelpLennon.jpg ). I actually got called up once because I stayed off school after a particularly bad haircut (the head decided it was a trigger for depression for me, a matter on which I'm undecided due to various irrelevant reasons) which might give you an indication of my experiences with this particular rule and how much of an issue it became between the more senior members of staff and me.

Anyway, I was once told by one high-up that I would effectively be suspended the following Monday if I didn't get a haircut over the week-end. And at that point my hair was really not particularly long at all (even by the standards of other boys at my school). I felt that was fairly ridiculous, especially given that I excel in other areas.
i rember back in 7th grade i dyed my hair PURE blue for sports day and i had to get it shaved off fully to a buzzcut by the office lady

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
matrix guardian said:
staika said:
I got a detention one time for bringing in one of those trick pens that once you push the lever down it gives you a little shock. The principal told me that the pen had the capability to kill someone.
To be fair, your principal is correct. EVERY pen has the capability to kill someone.

He actually meant the little 1 volt shock that the pen gave off when you pressed it could kill someone. he harped on that the little shock could throw someones heart into a massive heart attack and then they would die. also the pen had no point to it, all it could do was shock a person.

dillinger88

Jan 6, 2010
A genuinely funny reason. In early secondary school I got a detention because my friend power bombed me into a table. I laughed a little.

A rather convoluted, but funny reason: I had a really good friend in sixth form who was black (I'm white) and we mutually made racist jokes with each other. I got over heard by my head of sixth form and got called into the office. My friend came in and said it was a mutual thing for a laugh and he wasn't offended etc. To prove a point, I said that my head of sixth was actually the racist one to think that a black person couldn't have banter with a white person without being offended. She flipped at the accusation and gave me after several school detentions. Stupid *****.

Those are the two that stick out in my mind.

dillinger88

Jan 6, 2010
Dantness said:
I went to a private high school that had uniforms and all that fun private school stuff. The dress code was very strict. Shirts had to be tucked in no matter what and shoes couldn't be 'too bright'. Well anyway, a friend of mine got a mohawk for homecoming week, normal right? Well, apparently it was too flamboyant and the principal said if he didn't shave it by the next day he'd have detention. All of us students thought this was ridiculous, considering two kids had had mullets for a whole semester.
A guy I knew in my school shaved his head and was subject to detentions until it grew back to the minimum length allowed. To prove a point he continued to shave it everyday and a lot of us complained the head because we thought it was bullshit so it stopped pretty quickly. Ironically, I have massive curly hair which looks much messier than a shaved head and the teachers never battered an eye-lid. I think they just have it in for certain students.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
I have a few, prepare for some walls o' text, since some require some explaining.

"Attempting the break the bus window with my head", yes, that's what the bus report ACTUALLY said. I got in trouble because some kid smashed my head against the window. And since everyone who sat near him was afraid of him, everyone conveniently didn't see anything.

I was in... third grade, I think.

Another one, more recently, I got permanently kicked of the bus for kicking the door open, when the driver refused to let me off. I was getting shards of GLASS thrown at me, so I got up and demanded to be let off. The driver refused, and I attempted to get off anyways (since we were still in the High School parking lot), the driver just held the door closed, so I kicked the door as hard as I could and now it no longer closes.

The driver wrote me up, and even brought the security tape into the principal, show how I "kicked the door, completely unprovoked", when I was asked, "what do you have to say for yourself?" I told him to rewind about 20 seconds. He did, and one shard of glass was thrown at my head. I stood up and walked to the front asking to be let off, and AS I WAS ASKING the bastard threw another.

Long story short: My punishment = permanantly kicked off the bus, Driver's punishment, fired, asshat who threw the glass, nothing. They "couldn't see his face" despite the camera looking towards him.

Oh, and I got kicked out of class for saying "Dammit" sorta loudly... IN A COLLEGE COURSE, but only for the day, and it was a lab day anyways (stuff I could do at home if I wanted)

VGC USpartan VS

Feb 14, 2011
In 7th grade I got detention for reading a book... in HOMEROOM!

It wasn't even a inappropriate book, it was a book entitled "Here, There and Everywhere by Geoff Emerick" and my teacher came up to me and said "What are you reading?" I said "A book about the Beatles." She said "Well, did you know that I don't accept such (She really said this)rif-raff books in my class?" I said "I really dont understand." She finished with "Go to the principal's office!"

I never forgave her.

obi2012

May 22, 2011
I almost got a detention for sneezing loudly in the back of the auditorium. That was almost as bad as when I got a detention for throwing a nickel out the window.

T.D.

Feb 9, 2011
I'm not sure when but one time we were writing poems in class, and I just didn't want to play ball. It just seemed such a pointless excercise, then the teacher told me i HAD to write a poem.

So I wrote a poem called, "I don't wanna go to school"
Which went something along the lines of.

I don't want to go to school
I don't want to see Miss Cruel

Then around the same time, we were making cards for something, and I accidently used paper instead of card. The teacher made such a fuss over what was really nothing I stuck my tongue out at her.

And then there was this teacher I had. We had an understanding. I hated him, he hated me. But what was rather funny was that although he hated me, and I spent so much time in class not listening to him, I still came away with top marks and really good material. It was just so funny to see him get so frustrated and say I'd fail, all for naught.

Then on a parents evening thing, he told my parents. "That he doesn't pay attention. Do you get that alot at home?"
And my dad, who i usually have a poor relationship with, said quickly and emphatically "No." He obviously hated him as much as i did.

We even gave the teacher the nickname Uriah, after Uriah Heep from Charles Dickens David Copperfield.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
I had to swap shirts because mine said "It sucks to be me." It's a quote from a musical, Avenue Q. I'm in high school.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Mine probably came from a dentition from checking the time on my phone...afterschool...in a personal study room. But apparently that's grounds for it being taken away and forced to sit after school twiddling my thumbs. It was pretty dumb and really the only time I got in trouble in all my years in highschool.

as far as grade school. Tough to say. I got called down to the principal's office when me and another kid were goofing around and he kinda tripped me. I dunno, I'd call it pretend sparring but that sounds like we were actually trying. Like I stuck my hand out, and he kinda grabbed it and sorta flung me...it's getting harder to describe :p Okay so I was the only one that went down and was laughing about it but apparently this was not good enough for a certain teacher and demands we go to the principal. There were like two weeks of school left in 8th grade. I mean comeon. Sure she had the right to do it, but it was her being an unfun hardass. No warning. No prior tussles. She just sent use down to the principal who pretty much rolled her eyes and told us to not do it again.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
I once got sent to the head of year for pouring water into my rice pudding during lunch. Well I was six.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
In kindergarten, i got sent to the principal's office for crouching down while singing at the old people's home accros the street because my legs got tired and others were doing it. That was basically the only time i got sent to the principal's office.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Around second grade or so I made the mistake of raising my hand and correcting the teacher when she said something factually inaccurate.

She flipped out and had me sent home for a week.

However, this story has a happy ending. My mother was none too happy about this, so she had my uncle (who was a lawyer) draft up a lawsuit (or something like that, I can?t remember) against the school and have it delivered. I got back in and put in a different class. The teacher then screamed at me in the halls when she saw me, despite it having been explained to her. Shortly thereafter, she had no job.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
I once got sent to the head of year for pouring water into my rice pudding during lunch. Well I was six, so what did they expect me to do with my food? Eat it?