Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

Jan 29, 2009
Had to sit out for lunch because I hung from the playstructure. What the crap?
Also, in 7th grade, I was in History Class, working on a group project, and got punished for reading. Normally that'd make sense, I suppose, but I'd already completed a full third more work than I was obligated to do (Me doing a third of the project when there were 4 kids total in my group)

Jan 29, 2009
Psycho-Toaster said:
I got a detention in Primary school for not singing hymns in assembly and had to write said hymn out multiple times. Looking back on it, that was probably slightly illegal. It was a public school as well, not some private Catholic indoctrination center.
As far as I can tell, that is definitely not legal, at least in the over here in the States.
EDIT: Sorry, doublepost by mistake.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I'm sorry, I have no idea what happened in the OP story. I can't make a lick of sense out of it.

My little story: I was in primary school (yes, I live in the UK and I have no idea what the translation is to the American schooling system), I was about 9.

I was talking to some girls when this large kid came up to the side of me, kneeled on the floor and just hugged my ankles (think of it like the fetus position but facing down and hugging my ankles). I was stuck in place, I told him to get off like 6 times, while struggling, to no effect ... so I did the obvious, punched him till he let go.

Next thing I know I am dragged to head teachers office, this fat kid is sat there crying his eyes out and I am being called a bully for beating up a fat kid.

I explain what happened and there response was "you should have come and told a teacher, not resort to punching", my response was "how was I meant to move with ..." I got cut off by "stop back talking".

I ended up sat in the corner alone, which I preferred, for the rest of the day and my mum was brought in to talk with the teacher. I was then brought it, made to promise not to do it again and nothing else happened.

My mum never shouted at me or anything, she must have believed me.

Only violent thing I have done to anybody, except my brother (which two brothers never fight?).

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Grade 3, my class was walking into the Library and every one was talking including me and my friends but ONLY we got scolded for talking because we were "acting like the teacher isn't here" that wasn't all after this they wouldn't let me and my friend go near each other. That was ridiculous. I never liked the librarians at my elementary school for reasons like this.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
Well, let's see. I've gotten a detention for not having a pen in class, for playing in the snow with my friends, for changing the volume sound of one of the laptops (which they said was distruction of technology), for throwing grass at a man's boat (our recess was held in a parking lot where other people's houses were near and the man had his boat in his driveway), and for an "inappropirate" religious joke (there were posters the first graders made of the nativity scene and one drew the star upside down so, instead of beaming its light onto the baby Jesus, it looked like it was going to fall to Earth and murder the baby Jesus. I told my friend that and my teacher heard and sent me to the principal's office.

Honestly, Catholic school is a joke, and my school was no exception.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I said there was ghosts in the the school for something that happened when my friend was told off. He was standing next to a door and the handle went down and stayed down and slowly opened. I never seen anybody look so scared.

I got sent to the headmasters office. While he was talking a drawer behind him slid out and fell on the floor all on it's own.

Creepy ass school.

I climbed up on the school roof once in full view of everyone, but didn't get in trouble for it. Which was a tad odd.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
In grade 5 I had the principal pull me aside and give me a lecture because I was wearing a South Park Tshirt (This was when the series was first started, all it showed was the cafeteria scene with Chef saying "Hello there children" and the boys in front). She asked if my parents knew what I was wearing and told her my mom bought it.

In grade 8 my mom let me stay home on my Birthday and even called the school. When I went in the next day they gave me a week of after school detention because they considered it skipping because I wasn't sick.

fatal2704

May 8, 2010
In seventh grade, i got detention for poking a friend in the stomach. i was kicked out of a field trip in eighth grade for wall running in the museum. But in their defense i did leave footprints near the dinosaur exhibit

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
REmaster said:
I was walking to class with my friend and a teacher stopped us and yelled at my friend for being to happy. She said the next time she saw her being that happy she was going to give her detention. We also got detention for laughing during a school mass by the same teacher.
How dare you show joy in school!

Qmonster

Sep 20, 2010
Also when I was eleven, I got detention because a girl punched me unprovoked. Teacher's logic: girls are nice, boys are mean, so you much have done something really bad to make her punch you.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I got in trouble in Kindergarten for not knowing any nursery rhymes, I had to have detention what was sit in at table while everyone else played. It wasn't fair I could run our Commodore 128 at home and create a Dnd character at that age, but you know not knowing nursery rhymes was a punishable offense. Oddly enough when I was in 5th grade they divided up our class in 5th grade for a day and chose me as one of her Favorite students from the class.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
staika said:
I got a detention one time for bringing in one of those trick pens that once you push the lever down it gives you a little shock. The principal told me that the pen had the capability to kill someone.
Haha that's so funny!

OP: I'm a goody two shoes, and the only real thing I've got into trouble for was last year me and a bunch of others walked out of school to go to a protest against education cuts (NO IT'S NOT IRONIC, I can explain why) and we got into trouble, which is fair enough. We all got detention, fair enough. Best part is we went to detention and luckily the teacher we had was nice and had to an extent supported our walk out, she said she didn't have any work for us and took us to see a film in the auditorium. Best detention ever.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Year 9 or 10 sports day. By this year sports day is optional to participate, but mandatory to spectate. We all had our chairs out on the field. Guys kept coming along and pulling my chair backwards so I kept falling. Eventually I gave up and just continued sitting with it fallen over, staring at the sky. Then a teacher came over and told me off for not using the chair properly.

Bezza27

Feb 18, 2010
I have a red fringe. It is dyed but I mean, its my fringe, and its not even all of it. Anyway, because I was the only boy who dyed his hair this teacher walks up to me at lunch. Walks past a girl with a half shaved half dyed hairdo, a girl with all dyed red hair, looked at them, continued walking to me, had the cheek to say "I want it out by tomorrow" (the only way to do that was to cut my fringe and look like a tosser) and the best part is she had spiky completely dyed red hair. Anyway my mother was friends with the principal's assistant so I got it sorted quickly.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
7th grade science class. I finished my work and proceeded to quietly read a book while everyone else, who hadn't even finished their work, were talking VERY loudly about shit that didn't even have to do with science.

She rudely told me to put the book away and I asked why I should put it away when everyone else is blabbering on and on. She wrote me up and called the discipline staff to the classroom.

Thankfully he was, unlike my teacher, smart. He read the report, got my side of the story and proceeded to rip the writeup into shreds, threw it in the garbage and told her that she was in the wrong.

Nightmare-Child

Jul 14, 2010
I recieved a detention for dropping my pencil. The teacher claimed I was trying to throw it at the guy next to me.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Freshman Year of High School, I got sent to my Guidance Counselor's office by some teacher I didn't know for reprimand because I was wearing a "Heineken" parody shirt that said "Hadouken" instead. My friend bought me the shirt for my birthday. Fortunately, my Guidance Counselor is awesome and got the reference. He let me off without a hitch, and when the teacher saw me wearing it still she sent me right back.

She went on "suggested" personal vacations for a few days. Now she glares at me in the halls.

Still awesome.

Muffin Man said:
Punched a bully in the face - 1 day of detention
I'm more surprised that's all you got. After all, you DID punch someone in the face.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
LobsterFeng said:
I can remember being sent to the principal's office in 7th grade. When I got there the principal went ballistic on me and started yelling at me at the top of his lungs, and accusing me of raping someone. And then an aide came in and whispered into his ear, he paused for a moment, then he apologized to me, and then I went back to class. True story.
Can you elaborate more, why did he think you raped someone.

OT: nothing really but I did get falsely accused of taking things from a girls desk in 5th grade (for math class we went to a different teacher for some reason) although too be fair I did sit at the girls desk and I didn't get punished for it.