Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

Dirzzit

Apr 16, 2009
Midgeamoo said:
Wow, reading all these makes me glad I'm in England and going to English schools. American schools sound so devoid of logic, reason and justice. Would frustrate me to hell trying to talk to people that just misunderstand things and go with emotion when punishing people.

Although I remember in primary school that me and another friend were sent to the head teacher for using a teachers stamp to stamp school logos all over this other kids book. Pretty petty compared to some of this stuff :p
Yes, when your not english your definitely american. Also I got busted for doing the same thing :(

WanderingBiscuits

Apr 19, 2010
Rule in my old school. No displays of affection are allowed on school grounds. During break time i met with my girlfriend at the entrance OUTSIDE the gate and we made out. Teacher driving by saw this and when i got back to school after break. I was reported to the principals office and given an essay on breaking school rules.I argued to no avail.
That was the most bullshit one ive ever experienced.

DAMN YOUUUU RIDICULOUS SCHOOL RULES!

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
Some context: my high school was starting to implement a new centralized attendance-checking system, which automatically informed parents and faculty when a student unexpectedly missed classes. I never cut class or anything, but at the time I was recovering from back surgery and used a wheelchair between classes, so my teachers usually had to mark me present a few minutes after everyone else.

One 8th period, my chemistry teacher forgot to do so, and a few minutes later he answered the room's phone and told me to report to the Dean's Office. I managed to walk there OK, and waited outside his office for about 10 minutes before being let in. As soon as I sat down in front of his desk, the dean started angrily berating me for cutting class, thinking I could be above the system, I was wasting his time, my parents would be told, I'd go to detention for a week, etc.

When the bewildered expression on my face made him pause for a moment, I calmly asked when I had supposedly cut class. He checked his computer screen, and smugly replied 8th period of that day. It was a pretty surreal moment, and by the time I started to point out that I had been called down from the very class I was supposed to be absent from, he was already shaking his head and waving me out.

I returned to the class with only 5 minutes left in the period (ironic that I missed most of it to punish me for missing it), and everyone spent that time laughing and mocking the school after I explained what had happened.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
2 years ago, for apperantly "Dropping the R Bomb" turns out, saying "...Fuck off and stop copying my work" qualifies as racism, who knew?

Full story below.
Before there are any hole pokers, it was very blatent copying, had the windows on his screen set up identical to mine, (50-50 W7 style on XP between Word and Google(seemed more efficient at the time)) Oh, and a word for word copy of my version of the research we were told to do. Now, I always write informally, and in my own words, he had the word for word of MY version, same order of paragraphs (which I had jumbled up a bit), same size etc. So I was getting pissed off and decided to cath him out. I was quite proud of how I did it, changed it to wingdings and touch typed it, literally 3 second after I changed it I heard a "What the fuck are you doing changing your writing to that?" to which I replied "What does it matter to you? Fuck off and stop copying my work." His work from then on was copy/pasted from Wikipedia, and he told our teach I was being racist. Whom then frogmarched me straight up to the principal (who I was on reasonably good terms with at the time) told her what had "happened" and her face and perception of me changed instantly, from "You're a good lad, I see potential in you but stop being so damn lazy" to "You disgusting little boy I thought better of you" The following conversation consisted of me laughing, at all the things I had supposedly said, mostly because they were quite inventive. So after half an hour of interrogating she gave up. The following few days consisted of intetrrogations from my head of year and the deputy principal, whom were men so ended up as more of an "I'm right, your wrong just admit it so we get get this over with" from both sides. So then I had a word with my teacher who reported it and had both our research sitting on her desk, and I asked her to compare them, proved my point, and was home free, with the "victim" shunned by the rest of our year, and me with some respect for winning against the teachers. All's well that ends well :p

kobrian

Jun 28, 2011
AdamRBi said:
There was also a time, it was during an off day before a break where all classes basically went into " a movie" mode. My history teacher told us that we were not going to watch a movie, I asked why, got detention for it.
I have seen that happen. Honestly, some people have no sense of humor!!

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
I don't really have any funny stories that happened to me, but something that happened to my friend was just plain stupid.
The short story is that my friend got suspended for getting punched in the face. I think it was 8th grade.
The long version(Which isn't much longer) of it is that he was in line for a water fountain and some kid cut him off. He informed the kid and the kid gave some rude response and basically said he wouldn't move(I forget the specifics now), so my friend cuts him back off. The guy's response is to punch my friend in the face. The one kid got suspended for of course the punch, and my friend got suspended for crap like "Coaxing" the other kid.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
Well, nothing ridiculous really - I got an after school detention for dropping someone's bag out of the window (ground floor, with a door to the outside 3-4 metres behind his desk).
To be fair, he threw my shoe out of the window. Don't even know how that happened..

But, just to restore faith in both humanity and the education system, a reverse story. One time there was this guy (Year 12, about 16-17) who was leaving to go to another class through our room (the end of that building was designed rather poorly, and that classroom was a walkthrough for another) and turned to run away from his friend, literally smashing at full speed mid-turn into a glass door that he thought was open. The door completely shattered and he just kinda stood there bemused (his head hit it). Instead of punishing this person for completely smashing the only window of her classroom (which was to remain broken for at least 3 months), she ensured he visited the school nurse immediately. Even better, when the school administrators arrived to find out what happened and essentially gather evidence to make the student pay for it, she cut in over the students in our class about to say "he ran into it" and lied to absolve him from all blame, afterwards telling us that it was clearly an accident and citing that as her reason for bending the truth as she did.
She was literally the best teacher. Same teacher once shouted in the face of our head of sixth form (in front of the entire sixth form) that we had an exam that morning and him having an unscheduled assembly immediately before was disruptive. He lost a lot of his authority over us for that one, even more so when the exam results suffered across board and everyone had to resit that one.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I had a few things. Most noticeably was that I got jumped by four guys. After I kicked the crap out of two of them the other two legged it and told on me. Looking back on that with a few years of "lol" under my belt I actually find that pretty funny.

Waaaaaaayyyy back in year 8 I got suspended for telling racist jokes to my white friends. Not that i'm racist, but the jokes are funny to me and my friends. That was rather funny, especially when the only black guy I knew back then was the one who told me all of them :L

arbiter592

Jun 1, 2010
staika said:
I got a detention one time for bringing in one of those trick pens that once you push the lever down it gives you a little shock. The principal told me that the pen had the capability to kill someone.
My web page design teacher has that lol

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I got out of my seat to hand a pen back to someone who had lent me one. My teacher flipped the frak out and gave me detention. I was in first grade.

sora91111

Dec 10, 2010
Messing with an already broken bench, and this is kicker here I had to pay 50 bucks as well as three other people to replace it with 4 cinderblocks and a plankk of wood.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
It's not really "stupid" so much as "lame." I was caught texting in the bathroom. All of the stalls were full, so I was just standing in front of a sink when a teacher came in. Of all things, I was texting my dad because I left my lunch at home. Lame :-( And my only Saturday school.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I got put in isolation for a day for getting in a fight. Sounds fairly reasonable, but the fight was outside school. I didn't even start it! Basically it involved some douche at a party and I ended up involved, fight ensued and word got around, a teacher finds out and and then I'm put in isolation for a day! Assholes!

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
1) Aged 8. Creative writing. Teacher says write anything: a story, a poem, a recipe, anything. Okay, anything, the meaning of that word is well understood. So I ask if I can write a computer program. Teacher says sure. I write a program in the BASIC programming language. Teacher shouts at me. I cry.

2) Aged 15. Religious education. Teacher says read this passage about the watchmaker argument for the existence of God and write about it. I write that its initial premise (that the complexity of a watch necessarily means it was designed by intelligence) is invalid; in the infinite space and time of creation, I wrote, it would be inevitible that a watch would be formed on some planet, at some time, simply by geological processes. Teacher asked me if I was trying to be funny; she thought I wrote it just to spite her and cause trouble. She made me sit with the naughty kids.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Expelled for fighting.

EDIT: I deserved it.

Anyway I misread the title Stupidest reason, not worst trouble.

I got in trouble so much it's ridiculous. I got in trouble many times when I was misunderstood or assumed to be doing something just "for the lulz" rather than making mistakes because I was intelligent and a dick to teachers (Got one of them fired in grade 2, criminal record, can't work with kids in Australia any more) and generally so much of a **** that I could have dropped a pencil and been given detention for "disrupting the class".

Again though, I brought it upon myself. I was a douche bag. I hit on my pregnant chemistry teacher, asked her for sex, in class, sat on her desk, topless, and drunk.

Like I said. Douche.

I grew up somewhere in between now and then however, and I fucking hate douche bag kids because I was one and know how easy it is to just not be a dick.

Edit again:

Got detention for breaking in to a classroom (which was empty aside from desks and chairs) so that everyone could sit down as the teacher was 20 mins late. I was given detention for trying to get into a class. My own fault for owning up to it though.

Charvale

May 17, 2008
I remember being sent to the principles office after interrupting the teacher to ask permission to go to the nurse while she was reading because another student stabbed the back of my hand with the metal point of his compass in elementary school. Oh, and he stole my compass to make it look like I'd done it to myself to get attention.

I was actually suspended because I didn't tell them who did it since I honestly didn't know. He and a group of friends walked by and it happened when I was looking in my desk for the book we were supposed to be reading as a class after coming in from recess.

Parents were pissed.