Stupidest rule in school...

V8Drinker

Sep 8, 2009
Okay now schools seem to be getting dumber and dumber with all their stupid rules. I'm asking for your stupidest rule that you can remember.

For me its: our school has a very inforced ID policy, and will actually set up "traffic stops" in the hallways to check anyone walking through for their ID's. This often results in being late to class because they check EVERYONE!

Alpha Centauri

Sep 7, 2009
Hmmmmm, well now that we have a new principle most of those dumb ass rules, have vanished. But I still don't like the get suspended for self defence one.

darkless said:
In primary school (Junior high) when we went out for recess or yard time as we called it we weren't aloud in groups bigger than 3 and we weren't aloud to run.
Wow lame.

Datalord said:
It really is, in My school, swearing, gum, hats, anything other than a polo shirt, and not going along with the stupid student council theme days (like 80's days and Space day), i once got a detention for having a laser pointer attached to a zipper on my bookbag.

Btw, how do you quote a post that is posted after your post?
You quote someone the copy slash paste it into edit of your first post. Make sure you preview it first though.

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
In primary school (Junior high) when we went out for recess or yard time as we called it we weren't aloud in groups bigger than 3 and we weren't aloud to run.

In secondary school (high school) we didn't have any stupid rules that i can remember.

Major_Sam

Aug 27, 2008
Having to wait until the teacher said we could go to play after lunch. They made us waste preicous monkeybar time by making us wait until the teachers were ready to face the deadly sun. They had to wear 13 coats of sun block, a brimmed hat with the span of 9 feet and sunglasses you can't actually see through because they were the Devil's teachers.

Carbonel

Mar 3, 2009
OH I know this one. I like hats. I have a small collection of hats so when it is a free dress day at school I usually wear one. It's really annoying that when I am wearing a good looking fedora I get told to take it off but the kids wearing a sideways baseball cap that proclaims that "THUG LIFE 4 EVER" (A bit stupid considering I go to a spoiled rotten private school.) Doesnt get told to take it off. It really gets on my nerves.

Crimson_Flag

Jun 24, 2009
In my High School rulebook it says if we cause a avalanche we get suspended for 10 days and our school is in the middle of a field...

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Crimson_Flag said:
In my High School rulebook it says if we cause a avalanche we get suspended for 10 days and our school is in the middle of a field...
There must surely be a story behind that one...

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Stupidest...ironic.

Well I always hated that we werent aloud to chew gum in class. It was because they thought we would stick it to things...I assure you there are other ways to defile a school, much more interesting ones at that.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
In 7th grade I got suspended for getting in a fight, I just blocked his punched, and never retaliated... 3 days, told my mom the story so I didn't get in trouble at home, just a 3 day vacation...

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Don't kill people. Sigh, I'm so sick of "laws" and "Rules for protection".

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
'Dont run in the corridors" - SO HOW THE F*** ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET TO LESSONS ON TIME?!?!

Also the idea of unifors annoys me badly!

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
In middle school the principal decided to mandate collared shirts. It was supposedly part of a dress code revamp, but apparently the only real change was the collared shirt thing. I still have no idea why having collars was so damn important.

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
Like yours V8, my school also has an enforced ID policy. The dumb thing is that if you don't have one, you are just sent to the office (without supervision) to get a new one.

1. Who the hell would be sneaking INTO school to learn.

2. If a kid actually had bad intentions, what the hell's stopping them? All that would happen would be that they'd be told to go to the office to get a new ID...

In my Spanish class we aren't allowed to laugh. Yes, my teacher is a Nazi.

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
Project_Omega said:
Also the idea of unifors annoys me badly!
My school had uniforms and you clearly have no idea just how much trouble the prevent, It practically erases a whole aspect of bullying, in that you cant get slagged for what you wear because everyone is wearing the exact same thing.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
"All students must refer to superiors as either Sir or Ma'am" I refused that one.

If you missed one homework assignment, you were forced to go to detention. If you didn't go to detention, you were sent to Saturday School. I never went to either and I was sent to both at least 30 times.

Boy's hair couldn't be past the collar. I had hair down to my chest at this time. Long, curly, light brown hair and no asshole was gonna tell me what to do with it.

Girls must always wear their hair in pony tails. What kinda bullshit is that??

Any food or drink was strickly prohibited in class rooms. Including water.

Girls may not have nail polish. I had polished nails. Dark blue. Rules didn't say anything about boys wearing nail polish.

And the worst one of all. (actually, 2 worst but their listed together) No backpacks are allowed on school grounds and lunches brought from home must be inspected before consumption.

What...The...Fuck?

This was all in Middle School. I don't even want to see the High School rules.